PDA

View Full Version : Japanese beer?

07-13-2004, 04:15 AM
I just found a "Sapporo" in my fridge. The thing is like 22 fucking ounces and looks pretty. Damn, it tastes good too.

Okay, bye.

ThisOtherKingdom
07-13-2004, 04:22 AM
Sapporo is great. I can't recall the other Japanese beer I've had at the moment, but I'm sure there is one I'm forgetting. I know it was good, though!

ChalaRoque
07-13-2004, 04:28 AM
Asahi is pretty good japanese beer...

ThisOtherKingdom
07-13-2004, 04:48 AM
There you go. That's the one I was trying to think of.

07-13-2004, 04:58 AM
HAHahahahAHAhAhaha

Thank you god for 22 ounce cans and not the little baby pussy whippin 8 ounce bullshit.

Yeah, it's pretty good though.

SpunGirl
07-13-2004, 05:57 AM
Sapporo>Asahi.

Sake bombers>Plain beer.

-K

Kadumi
07-13-2004, 06:02 AM
do they sell it at the average supermarket? how much am I lookin at spending?

Betheny
07-13-2004, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Kadumi
do they sell it at the average supermarket? how much am I lookin at spending?

I bet you drink Bud Light.

Parkbandit
07-13-2004, 08:30 AM
Don't knock Bud Light.. it gets the job done.

AnticorRifling
07-13-2004, 08:59 AM
Habo Saki.

Back
07-13-2004, 09:01 AM
You sipping the tall can? Try crushing that thing with your bare hands. If you do, I'll buy you another.

Sapporo is my fav. Kirin is good, so is Asahi. If we go Korean, nothing like an ice cold Obi with your jae-yuk bokem. (SP?) Tsing Tao, from China, tastes like its made in a big iron vat in a dirty industrial building.

longshot
07-13-2004, 11:37 AM
Sapporo is... yeah. It's not that great.

However, they do make a premium beer called Yebisu which is the best Japanese beer of all. I've never seen it in the states though. It's amazing.

There are four major beers here...

Kirin, Asahi, Sapporo, and Suntory.

Stay away from Suntory and you're fine.

I like Asahi myself.

Korean beer is shit. It's made from Korea... what did you expect?

longshot
07-13-2004, 11:47 AM
For Spun--

http://forum.gsplayers.com/images/upload/Longshot/245.jpg

Kadumi
07-13-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
I bet you drink Bud Light.

no. gag.

bud light has the least amount of alcohol per volume than any other beer at the supermarket.

I'd drink shiner on tap all day if I could but I go with miller lite most of the time. its cheaper. when I'm total economy its Keystone!

Shalla
07-13-2004, 03:35 PM
I never understood what guys or people like in beer.. It can't possibly be the taste. It's all bitter! Maybe it's my taste buds.. but my tongue cannot taste the sweetness.. or feel the smoothness of it. It's bitter and foamy!

Bring me long island iced teas! When I go to vegascon, people who are in charge of that should have it ready.. I can chug 10 of those and not realize that i'm drunk.

Kadumi
07-13-2004, 03:46 PM
ever had beer with pizza? its like a little slice of heaven.

pennywise
07-13-2004, 03:53 PM
Ive never got the beer and pizza thing. Im as close to a professional beer drinking as one can get without having a job, and yet, I just dont like the mix of beer and pizza.

And on topic, I dont know if Im spelling this correctly, but Ive always enjoyed Kirin Ichiban. They have it at most of the japanese restaurants around here, and even a few grocery stores have it.

Soulpieced
07-13-2004, 04:29 PM
I love the taste of a Guinness chased afterwords with Killian's. Mmmm mmm good. It just takes a lot of experimenting before you figure out what beers you do and don't like.

PS: Labatt Blue = Worst beer ever.

ThisOtherKingdom
07-13-2004, 04:34 PM
Isn't Kirin Ichiban made by Anheuser-Busch? I'm pretty sure.

pennywise
07-13-2004, 05:21 PM
I had guessed that since Kirin is a major japanese beer manufacturer, that Kirin Ichiban would be a japanese beer.

SpunGirl
07-13-2004, 10:11 PM
I'm pretty picky about the beers I'll drink. Shalla, I'll bet you've never had a tasty microbrew. Or a sake bomber.

Good beer that is in a store: Rolling Rock, Bass, and Spaten Oktoberfest (can only get it certain times of the year).

People who drink Zima should die.

-K

07-13-2004, 10:11 PM
You sipping the tall can? Try crushing that thing with your bare hands. If you do, I'll buy you another.

ow

Back
07-13-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
I'm pretty picky about the beers I'll drink. Shalla, I'll bet you've never had a tasty microbrew. Or a sake bomber.

Good beer that is in a store: Rolling Rock, Bass, and Spaten Oktoberfest (can only get it certain times of the year).

People who drink Zima should die.

-K

Spun Spun Spun, my god woman, Rolling Rock?

Don't listen to her Shalla. Beer is an aquired taste, its true, like coffee, or some cheeses. Thankfully beers come in a huge variety these days. If you want to try some, go with a pilsner, lager or light amber.

Try Bohemia, any of Miller's products (High Life) or even a Sapporo. Shiner Bock is damn good too.

ThisOtherKingdom
07-14-2004, 12:45 AM
You criticize Rolling Rock, and then recommend Miller High Life? Geez.

Back
07-14-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by ThisOtherKingdom
You criticize Rolling Rock, and then recommend Miller High Life? Geez.

Not only is it the Champagne of Beers, there is a crazy witch sitting in a crescent moon on every container.

longshot
07-14-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by ThisOtherKingdom
Isn't Kirin Ichiban made by Anheuser-Busch? I'm pretty sure.

Kirin is a major beverage manufacturer.

Anheuser-busch either brews it in America for Kirin, or they have a distribution agreement.

I'm really not sure.

The best Japanese beer is Yebisu (Pronounced Ebisu). If you have a chance, please try it.

SpunGirl
07-15-2004, 07:18 AM
I stand by my statement that Rolling Rock is good. Miller High Life can die.

-K

07-18-2004, 03:25 AM
This is my new favorite beer,
you mothafuckas! :grouphug:

Love y'all.