PDA

View Full Version : Pressure

ClydeR
08-15-2012, 03:11 PM
I think Romney is starting to crack under the pressure. If he cannot exude confident leadership over the next couple of weeks, then his hysteria will infect the entire convention in Tampa.

"He demonizes some. He panders to others. His campaign strategy is to smash America apart and then cobble together 51 percent of the pieces. If an American president wins that way, we all lose," Romney said. "So, Mr. President, take your campaign of division and anger and hate back to Chicago, and let us get about rebuilding and reuniting America."

Asked for a response, Obama spokesman Ben LaBolt called Romney's claims hypocritical. "Gov. Romney's comments tonight seemed unhinged, and particularly strange coming at a time when he's pouring tens of millions of dollars into negative ads that are demonstrably false," LaBolt said.

Romney's speech sought to take direct aim at what has been one of Obama's strengths heading into the fall: his likability. Even as poll after poll has found voter dissatisfaction on the economy and on Obama's job performance, Obama has consistently trumped Romney when it comes to likability. A recent Gallup poll found 60 percent of those surveyed liked Obama, compared to just 30 percent for Romney.

But after a month in which negative attacks have taken a toll on Romney's poll numbers, Romney and his campaign have strongly pushed back—countering Obama's attacks with increasingly harsher attacks of their own.

More... (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/romney-obama-campaign-division-hate-anger-back-chicago-005322496.html)

Androidpk
08-15-2012, 03:17 PM
That must be why he said he would cut PBS. Only a crazy person would say something like that.

Also, seeing this up on the main page of the Huff made me smile.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2wn9qx5.jpg

Jarvan
08-15-2012, 03:44 PM
There is a small difference between a negative add based on what your Opponent has done, or says he will do. Compared to an add that tries to imply that Romney gave some woman cancer. Or at the very least, Fired a man who's wife had cancer at the time, but doesn't point out that neither of them are true.

Also, calling him a Felon and a Tax cheat on the Senate floor is not an Negative add. Now if Romney came out with an add saying Obama was a coke snorting drug dealer, that would be a negative attack on Obama. Not his policies. I haven't seen an add yet that attacks President Obama on a personal level. Then again, I watch allot of History Chanel and the Science network.

AnticorRifling
08-15-2012, 03:49 PM
History Chancel is what all the smart people watch.

Latrinsorm
08-15-2012, 04:51 PM
There is a small difference between a negative add based on what your Opponent has done, or says he will do. Compared to an add that tries to imply that Romney gave some woman cancer. Or at the very least, Fired a man who's wife had cancer at the time, but doesn't point out that neither of them are true.

Also, calling him a Felon and a Tax cheat on the Senate floor is not an Negative add. Now if Romney came out with an add saying Obama was a coke snorting drug dealer, that would be a negative attack on Obama. Not his policies. I haven't seen an add yet that attacks President Obama on a personal level. Then again, I watch allot of History Chancel and the Science network.You're doing it on purpose now, aren't you.

Jarvan
08-15-2012, 08:35 PM
History Chancel is what all the smart people watch.

Shit happens, and I suck at typing and fuck up my spelling, sorry. (I literally use like two fingers to type. Not to mention I look at the keys, When I look at the screen I tend to fuck up more.)

Androidpk
08-15-2012, 08:59 PM
I love the scent of history chanel, so intriguing.

diethx
08-15-2012, 10:08 PM
http://videokeman.com/image/pics/DavidBowiesongPics18uRrGNMaFkvaM.jpg

ClydeR
08-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan plan to campaign together again sooner than aides had originally planned, likely twice next week, as part of a new offensive to take on the touchy issue of Medicare, campaign officials tell POLITICO.

More... (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/79814.html?hp=f1)

Advisers say Ryan helps ease the former governor’s feeling of isolation.

Romney is cracking under the pressure. Republicans still have time to choose a different nominee.