PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still playing Diablo 3?

Gizmo
08-13-2012, 01:54 PM
I know Loryl somewhat is, but aside from that it seems my friend's list is pretty barren now with alot of people not playing for 20+ days but I figured I'd give it another shot now that 1.0.3 is out and I stopped playing pretty much right before it.

And with the upcoming 1.0.4 patch things seem to be on the right track a bit more.

However, I would mostly just be interested in making/playing Hardcore with some more people like I was doing with PK and Loryl.

If anyone would be interested in doing Hardcore again, let me know. I've gotten bored of most everything else out there otherwise and wouldn't mind playing Hardcore again with some other people like before.

Mogonis
08-13-2012, 02:13 PM
I will once it's like...$25.

Drew
08-13-2012, 04:54 PM
Nope I'm pretty much done.

Tgo01
08-13-2012, 04:58 PM

Boy if only I had a time machine...

Androidpk
08-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Nope I'm pretty much done.

Likewise.

Nathala Crane
08-13-2012, 05:03 PM

Pretty much this. That or simply wait for Torchlight II.

Gizmo
08-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Bah you're all bums!

Ryku
08-13-2012, 05:23 PM
I want my $60 back.

Keller
08-13-2012, 05:26 PM
I want my $60 back.

Seriously. It is such a shitty game.

Drisco
08-14-2012, 01:36 PM
I want my $60 back.

Seriously. It is such a shitty game.

x3.

I'm slightly embarrassed for them. I'd like to see the stats of the player base from launch till now.

Jarvan
08-14-2012, 01:40 PM
U kinda stopped playing when I hit act III...

just didnt have the captivation of D2.

Really sad.

Fallen
08-14-2012, 02:30 PM
Stopped some time ago. Pity, as I saw myself playing it for a long time.

Dranock
08-14-2012, 02:45 PM
I hit inferno and got so bored so fast. Tried to level another character and had the same results. They really fucked that game up even worse with their patches.

Kitsun
08-14-2012, 02:51 PM
I thought Star Wars flopped pretty hard until D3. It's all relative!

But seriously, playing a lot over a couple days to find zero gear upgrades kinda blew goat balls. Using the auction house was like non-optional.

Fallen
08-14-2012, 02:59 PM
The auction house kind of killed it for me in a lot of regards. Early on the auction house completely unbalances the game, making it easy to be WAY overgeared for relatively cheap. Later on, the auction house becomes a necessity, thus taking a lot away from the game on the other end.

Gizmo
08-14-2012, 03:33 PM
Yeah, that's one reason why I liked Hardcore. The economy there is so much different than Softcore and the AH is totally different too.

I'll likely go back to playing Hardcore again, I just got hung up right now on streaming this silly game here

Gizmo
08-15-2012, 04:04 PM
I'm kinda digging the 1.0.4 patch the more they slowly release info about it.

The new Legendary Items with Procs seem pretty cool, at least from a new addition stand point.

I mean, a sword that can proc and summon an angel to fight with you, or a demon that gives you fire chain with him is pretty boss..

Kuyuk
08-15-2012, 06:11 PM
I agree with the statement about being slightly embarassed for Blizzard.

Sucks, all their games have been spectacular until now.

Loved all the single player games.

Also, what happened to the music? There was like no fucking music in D3. D1/2 had great soundtracks. Pretty epic soundtracks, good enough to play for halloween outside your door.

Elgrim
08-15-2012, 06:20 PM
I got bored really fast with D3. I think Blizzard is scrambling at this point to do something. WoW subs are on the decline, D3 is tanking, they are losing their rep in the gaming community.

Tgo01
08-15-2012, 06:22 PM
I really think Blizzard was testing the theory that they could take a dump in a box and slap a price tag of 60 bucks on it and still sell millions of copies. Sad part is, they were right :(

Gizmo
08-17-2012, 05:20 PM
Puzzle Ring (Ring) - This ring gives heroes a chance to summon a Treasure Goblin when they’re hit. The tooltip will be something along the lines of: "This ring sometimes calls forth a Treasure Goblin when you are hit."

Pretty awesome lol

Jumpkick
08-18-2012, 07:18 PM
D3 is tanking

How so? It's the fastest selling game of all time. It is doing wayyyy better than Blizzard expected.

Androidpk
08-18-2012, 07:26 PM
Good sales numbers alone don't make a great game. D3 was a big step backwards for Blizzard.

TheEschaton
08-18-2012, 07:35 PM
Yeah, but it's not a sub based game, it was just a box. And it sold like 10 million copies.

Jumpkick
08-19-2012, 11:42 AM
Good sales numbers alone don't make a great game. D3 was a big step backwards for Blizzard.

I'm not sure I see it. From a company point of view, sales numbers absolutely make a great game. From a reviews standpoint, Diablo 3 is absolutely a great game. It may not be what you or I wanted, but I don't think you can say it wasn't a success for Blizzard.

Tgo01
08-19-2012, 11:45 AM
I think the only reason Diablo 3 is doing as well as it is is because it has the words "Diablo" and "Blizzard" on the box. People bought it expecting a real Diablo 2 sequel, not this shit that we got.

Of course as Jumpkick points out Blizzard doesn't really care why people bought the game, just that they bought it. For me though I'm no longer buying Blizzard games on release day like I've been doing for over a decade now.

Kuyuk
08-19-2012, 12:21 PM
http://blogs-images.forbes.com/gregvoakes/files/2012/06/diablos-day9.gif

Tgo01
08-19-2012, 01:11 PM
That infographic fails because it only shows 13.7 Skyrim symbols.

Palcron
08-19-2012, 02:23 PM
For a Diablo sequel, this game was terrible. The final act was damn near impossible without happening to play the right class (certainly not a barb) in the right gear. The AH took away any real necessity to grind. Bosses dropping shit loot after the first kill ruins the main facet of D2.

D3 sold a shit ton of copies WAY before everyone realized that it would be a two week grind, followed by the realization of just how poorly designed the game was. Legendaries that are sub-par compared to blues? Come on.

This was an utter failure of a game that happened to sell well because they played off of an amazing game in D2, and amped up the anticipation by waiting a decade to release it. Yes, it can be salvaged though patches and overhauls, but they have a LONG way to go before this can even be considered a success, and especially before placing it on the epic pedestal that D2 sat for so many people.

Numbers are all that matter to them, yes, but qality is what matters to everyone else, and they weren't even close in that regard.

Glitch
08-19-2012, 03:41 PM
So, I've basically quit playing, and I understand people rage because it's not D2. However, I got a good chunk of playtime in, went up past nightmare on two classes and into hell on one. For 60 bucks, I'd say I got my game time out of it.

Obviously I wanted it to be D2, so in some aspect I'm disappointed as well. I don't actually *know* a single person that was rage-filled upset with D3. The dozen friends I have that play/played the game all enjoyed it while it lasted, like any other game... I haven't played Fallout 3 in a long long time, never plan to turn it on again, but I still consider it a success... It gave me a good 30-40 hours of play for my money.

I'm not a blizzard sympathizer by any means, I just think it's so funny how much people rage whenever D3 posts something on facebook, or whenever it's brought up on a message board. Acting like they stole your sweetroll.

Tgo01
08-19-2012, 03:45 PM
The problem is Blizzard fans have come to expect Blizzard titles to give them many hundreds of hours of entertainment. Diablo 3 was really only fun on the first play through of normal, nightmare through hell was just grinding to get to the "end game" that people thought would last many weeks/months/years.

So no, the whole 8 hours it took me to get through normal was not worth anywhere near 60 bucks.

Glitch
08-19-2012, 03:55 PM
You could have gone to see a couple stupid movies that every studio is shitting out for that price!

Problem with following a brand... Doesn't mean anyone behind it is the same, or even cares anymore. The Blizzard we all knew and loved hasn't been for a while now.

Palcron
08-19-2012, 04:04 PM
With the right overhauls and fixes, they can still make it a great game, but I will not jump onto the "good enough" bandwagon when there were so many incredibly poorly designed features to the game. There were WAY too many blatantly obvious things that neer even crossed their minds. Hell, they had a decade to plan and still ended up scrapping the pvp system a few months prior to release.

Pulling 30-40 hours out of a game, in my opinion, does not equate to success. Most people will invest that time into a Blizzard game simply because they expect it to get better at the end, and not to get to the final difficulty, just to realize that the game is virtually unplayable due to idiotic mechanics and zero survivability.

They, unfortunately, set an incredibly high bar for themselves by releasing so many quality titles, and this one did not match up. And it wasn't even close.

Stretch
08-19-2012, 04:16 PM
lol @ gamer entitlement

Palcron
08-19-2012, 04:32 PM
It has nothing to do with entitlement. It's a simple statement of fact: Blizzard released a game that was believed to be the next big hit in the Diablo series, and it was a huge let down. It's pointing out the fact that it was an ok game, but by no means great. Too many people are stuck on the Blizzard bandwagon and refuse to admit the obvious: D3 wasn't all that great a game. As a consumer, you have the right to expect quality for the money you invest. D3 did not come through in the end. Be it a game or a car or a 12-pack of beer, you invest money hoping for the best. Sometimes, you are let down. This is one of those occasions.

Glitch
08-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Pulling 30-40 hours out of a game, in my opinion, does not equate to success.

Just of curiosity then, what does equate success?

Palcron
08-19-2012, 04:37 PM
Just of curiosity then, what does equate success?

Up to the consumer to decide, really. Just because you play for x or y time doesn't mean it's a great game, just that you had nothing better to do. Also, with Blizzards previous games, the end-game kept a lot of people around, so a lot of people, I'm sure, stuck it out expecting it to get better, and it did not.

Palcron
08-19-2012, 04:40 PM
Personally, I found it to be poorly designed and not well thought out. Everyone has a right to feel differently. If you feel you got your money's worth, then that's great. I was disappointed by the effort, and feel the hype was much over done. Only my two cents.

Kuyuk
08-19-2012, 07:30 PM
Maybe the best game I have played is Lords of Magic.

I wish they'd do a remake of that game. Was awesome. Loved it.

Totally offtopic thread.

Gizmo
08-19-2012, 08:23 PM
RIP Loryl's DH...

Jarvan
08-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Maybe the best game I have played is Lords of Magic.

I wish they'd do a remake of that game. Was awesome. Loved it.

Totally offtopic thread.

Game was glitchy as hell, but awesome. I still have it.

Jarvan
08-19-2012, 08:57 PM
Pulling 30-40 hours out of a game, in my opinion, does not equate to success.

So 30 hours of game play 60 dollar game = 2 dollars per hour of game play. Frankly, that's damn good in today's games.

Most modern MMO's it's closer to 20 hours of content for 60 bucks. Also, even at my movie prices of 7.50 for roughly 2 hours, that's almost 4x as good value.

Just playing Devil's advocate. I prob haven't even played D3 for 30 hours.

Kuyuk
08-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Game was glitchy as hell, but awesome. I still have it.

I kicked ass at the game, but I still couldn't do half the special quests from the special edition. Fuckin shit that dragon was impossible as the first encounter for one of the earth quests!

subzero
08-19-2012, 10:49 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/84/Dragon_Warrior.jpg/250px-Dragon_Warrior.jpg

SpiffyJr
08-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Ah Dragon Warrior, best series eva!

Atlanteax
08-20-2012, 11:27 AM
Heh, that reminds me, I was playing DW1 a bit last week when my internet was out.

Jarvan
08-20-2012, 11:34 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/84/Dragon_Warrior.jpg/250px-Dragon_Warrior.jpg

I still have an first US release copy sealed. Just cause.

Deathravin
08-20-2012, 11:45 AM
My problem with Diablo 3 was that the auction house allows you to purchase better items that you'd ever find on your own. The base of the game is to find items. If I can be moderately uber with just buying very good items on the auction house, why do I need to play the game when all the items I find are far worse than the stuff I can buy?

I finished the story which was very diablo-ish (and I enjoyed it very much). I got into Nightmare and Hell and it got arbitrarily 'harder'. But just taking more time to kill something doesn't make something harder. Adding more abilities and stacking those abilities makes it slightly more difficult, but not enough to make me *better* at the game.

The gear making would be much better if it just took the materials and no gold. Or if you could augment gear, not just create new gear with those skills.

Hardcore makes it slightly harder - makes me worry about what I do. But for the most part you just stay at the upper end of the multiplayer level scheme and with your uber gear you're pretty much invincible.

It's just not very challenging. The goal isn't well defined.

Drew
08-20-2012, 11:46 AM
The people who are saying "It's a success they sold a ton of copies." I agree that it was a short term success but I don't think Diablo 4 will sell at the same numbers. I know that before this any Blizzard game was a must buy for me but now I don't feel that way anymore. Blizzard used to be the Pixar of video games but ever since the Activision buyout the quality of what they have released seems to be declining.

Gizmo
08-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Jay Wilson is getting ALOT Of heat right now. For those that don't follow D3 much anymore, he basically cussed out a guy about shit on Facebook...And what not, it's hilarious but the forums went nuts over it

And of course today, he manages to post the Paragon Level Preview.

It's not bad, granted I guess you could say it's a band-aid to lack of post 60 stuff...100 Paragon Levels. Each level gives you more core stats, plus 3% MF and GF. So at 100 Paragon you will passively have 300 GF and MF, without the need for gear with it...not too bad but I imagine that shit may take a long while to earn. NV stacks will also provide a 15% XP increase of Paragon too.

Frankly, I think this will breathe alot, if not some life into the game and bring back some players even if it's until they all hit Paragon 100 and get bored again.

But the fact that now item farming is actually progressing my character more is a huge plus to me, so I won't feel like wastin a shit ton of time farming for nothing.

Jumpkick
08-20-2012, 12:35 PM
I know that before this any Blizzard game was a must buy for me but now I don't feel that way anymore.

I completely agree with you there. Like many companies, Blizzard has become too big for its own good and is starting to turn out products driven to make money instead of products driven by quality. Such is life when a company goes public.

Atlanteax
08-20-2012, 12:53 PM
The people who are saying "It's a success they sold a ton of copies." I agree that it was a short term success but I don't think Diablo 4 will sell at the same numbers. I know that before this any Blizzard game was a must buy for me but now I don't feel that way anymore. Blizzard used to be the Pixar of video games but ever since the Activision buyout the quality of what they have released seems to be declining.

Yep, this is part of the reason why I am not getting MoP ... would not consider Blizzard games a 'must-buy- anymore.

I was pretty happy with SC2, and would had anticipated getting the expansion (to play thru the rest of the storyline) because it *was* a good polished game (I had no real complaints, the difficulties scaled nicely) ... but now I may balk. In the meantime, what the heck is taking so long for the continuation of SC2 ??.

Some Rogue
08-20-2012, 01:54 PM
Jay Wilson is getting ALOT Of heat right now. For those that don't follow D3 much anymore, he basically cussed out a guy about shit on Facebook...And what not, it's hilarious but the forums went nuts over it

It wasn't just "some guy". It was the Diablo2 lead guy, who started the work on D3, who did an interview the night before talking about how the game would have been different had he made it and who apparently got drunk one night at E3 and had a few choice words for some Blizzard employees.

Brevik's diplomacy personified here - by his own admission, this is the "sober version", and differs markedly from what he told Blizzard's Rob Pardo and Mike Morhaime one night at E3 in June. There's no bitterness about his original design vision being compromised: indeed, many elements of that vision have followed him to Gazillion been implemented in Marvel Heroes.

Gizmo
08-20-2012, 05:31 PM
It wasn't just "some guy". It was the Diablo2 lead guy, who started the work on D3, who did an interview the night before talking about how the game would have been different had he made it and who apparently got drunk one night at E3 and had a few choice words for some Blizzard employees.

Well yeah, I wasn't going to go into full details about who it was, why he said it and link the Youtube video of the interview for example.

People here don't really play D3 anymore but myself....Which I just lost my OTHER 49 Barb too today, for practically the same reason as last time :(

TheEschaton
08-20-2012, 05:38 PM
I read an article about it, Jay Wilson posted on another D3 dev's personal facebook page saying "fuck that loser" and it's news?

It's a fucking personal facebook page. I have pictures of me dressed as a woman for halloween on my facebook page.

Tgo01
08-20-2012, 05:42 PM
I have pictures of me dressed as a woman for halloween on my facebook page.

Fuck that loser.

AnticorRifling
08-21-2012, 09:11 AM
I read an article about it, Jay Wilson posted on another D3 dev's personal facebook page saying "fuck that loser" and it's news?

It's a fucking personal facebook page. I have pictures of me dressed as a woman for halloween, dated June 3rd, on my facebook page.

I don't think that's halloween buddy.

Loyrl
08-21-2012, 10:08 AM
It sucks they are putting the patch out on GW2 release day. Oh well GW2 is a few days away for pre purchasers. Time to finish a few things up in GW1 for HoM.

Some Rogue
08-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Patch is today...

Loyrl
08-21-2012, 11:22 AM
ohhhh........ well I have things I want to get done in Gw1 for GW2 =| Tired of farming azmodan runs and no one to run inferno with on my WD.

Tolwynn
08-21-2012, 03:42 PM
Changes are interesting between the paragon levels (which will take a LONG time to get) and the assorted class power buffs. Not sure if I was just extremely lucky today, but drops seemed much better, too - I culled just shy of 30 rares in an hour of Act 2 Inferno. Granted, that was with 277% MF with 5 NV stacked, but I wasn't getting drops anywhere close to that level before the patch.

Fallen
08-22-2012, 08:06 AM
I agree the Paragon system is nice. I'll probably give the game another go when the first real expansion hits.

Jumpkick
08-22-2012, 11:17 AM
Game feels like exactly the same thing to me. Sure you get more rares when you stack MF, but the rares still pretty much suck and are usually not good for whatever class you are playing.

Sean of the Thread
09-19-2012, 08:44 AM
The equipment on the AH is a lot better now and cheaply priced due to saturation. Obviously. Should make things much less frustrating then it was back the first month or so trying to inferno it with shit equipment.

Loyrl
11-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Been playing a tiny bit again on my HC WD doing Az runs. I may start another HC char on MP10 to see how that goes.

Sean of the Thread
11-01-2012, 01:52 PM
I uninstalled without a thought but been thinking about reinstalling ever since.

Loyrl
11-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Yeah I reinstalled the other day because our GW2 server is 300k+ vs 60k vs 20k for this week. I thought I would try a HC char on MP10 while leveling, I heard it's not bad until Hell difficulty.

Androidpk
11-01-2012, 04:48 PM
MP10?

Loyrl
11-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Monster Power 10, increases the monster levels along with the drop rates of items.

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/content_folder_media/FPA71EB165JZ1349891151345.jpg?v=0

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7540457/

Methais
11-01-2012, 06:42 PM
I started playing a little again the other day when I got my new PC in.

I have no idea what's new in the game since July or so. Anyone feel like giving me a summary so I don't have to spend a whole 10 minutes reading patch notes?