PDA

View Full Version : HBO-GO app (Ipad2) HDMI to tv

Gompers
08-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Just sifted through various forums and the like - my wife and I want to watch Season 2 of Game of Thrones, and I just spent $40 on an HDMI hookup for the ipad2, set it up only to find out that the app "doesn't support" the HDMI setup. I understand HBO's reasoning for this, but was just wondering if anyone else has happened to find a solution (or way around) the problem.

Thanks!

Also, I think this goes without saying - huge points to be scored with the wife on this one.

SHAFT
08-05-2012, 10:08 PM
I went through a similar thing with hbo go and apple tv when I wanted to watch game of thrones season 1. Really pissed me off. What're you gonna do? I just ended up getting season 1 on bluray. They are showing season 2 on hbo regularly if you have access to it

Gompers
08-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Yea we bought season 1 on blu-ray as well, which is what ended up getting her hooked on it...the only ways i've found that seem reliable involve "jailbreaking" the ipad, which I'm not too comfortable doing.

I don't have cable tv - but my parents have an HBO subscription, which is the reason we're trying to hook it up to the tv.

We'll end up buying this season on bluray if I can't find a way to make it work, I just wish I would have known about HBO's stance on HDMI out before I bought the damn cable.

Kaerika
08-05-2012, 11:02 PM
HBO are such jerks. No wonder they say Game of Thrones is the most pirated show ever.

I'm assuming you don't have a PC connected to your TV, since that would be an easy fix. The Xbox has an HBO Go app, if you've got one of those.

Wheelerm
08-06-2012, 12:46 AM
If you have a laptop with an HDMI port, problem solved. As Kaerika suggested, this is the easiest fix.