PDA

View Full Version : The park

Berubeo21
07-30-2012, 02:25 PM
What ever happened the people hanging out in the park. When I left GS for the second time ago almost 7 years ago the park was the place to be for spells ect. Only thing I can think of was the thief's but that makes the game fun. Sorta started alot of pvp encounters rather than the hunt/rest/hunt/rest grind. Maybe also the player base has just gotten so small it's easier to meet at TSC for spells. I def miss the rowdy old park days where shit got staightened out at the boulder or stalking someone out to their next hunt to get a little payback. Now it seems everyone is scared of a little pvp?

Tgo01
07-30-2012, 02:28 PM
I think Simutronics should create 400 sophisticated bots in prime to give the illusion that a lot of people still play.

Allereli
07-30-2012, 02:28 PM
Times they are a changing. Try the statue on Teras

Kronius
07-30-2012, 02:35 PM
Now it seems everyone is scared of a little pvp?

At least as far as capped folks are concerned, PvP is almost always a matter of who has the fastest trigger finger. There's no real strategy involved, whoever lands the first shot 9 times out of 10 wins.

Nobody really stalks anyone and kills them because too many people are pussies these days and hit the REPORT button. I remember about this time last year, I'd finally gotten my Sorcerer up to a decent enough level where I could mind jolt lower levels for pissing me off. Someone had annoyed me (strange, right?), and I stunned them. Next thing I know, I'm gettin hauled off to jail on assault charges. I was shocked that you can't even stun people in Town without people getting all uppity and calling the Constable.

Anyway, all that PvP nonsense is over with now

audioserf
07-30-2012, 02:55 PM
WARN INTERACT was the doom of a lot of fun PVP opportunities in GS.

Natso
07-30-2012, 03:18 PM
These days you murder someone and they immediately cry to a GM, even if they deserved it.

To the neg repper, CvC is entirely allowed as long it's kept IC, unfortunately most people will just run to a GM instead of actually roleplaying the situation out. If someones being a douche and killing/griefing for no reason then by all means the GM's should be involved. CvC situations actually can be quite fun even if you're on the losing end, more interesting then half the shit that happens in the game these days, at least.

I guess we all have to be Carebears eh?

Atlanteax
07-30-2012, 03:29 PM
almost 7 years ago the park was the place to be

I bolded the primary culprit (which you had already identified) for you.

Fallen
07-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Tangentally related, but has the introduction of Monks/UAC/MnMental caused any sort of a rise in population levels?

Drakefang
07-30-2012, 03:56 PM
Tangentally related, but has the introduction of Monks/UAC/MnMental caused any sort of a rise in population levels?

Honestly, I've not even checked. I know you can find about 30 monks in game at any given time...that's about all I have noticed so far.

Nathala Crane
07-30-2012, 04:01 PM

I've just returned after being away for almost two years. UAC and the Voln changes are what prompted me to come back, anyway.

JustDan
07-30-2012, 04:08 PM

Population has risen maginally, but steadily, over the last year. At peak times you see 420-450 people pretty regularly. Weekday mornings and other off-peak times maybe 180 or so? Still can pretty easily see 100 in a room for events like spins and raffles.

Berubeo21
07-30-2012, 06:31 PM
Maybe all the pvp nonsense is gone now because of shatter. Want pvp go there I guess was the GMs solution to the boohoo'ers who got legged in there hunting area after being caught teefin in the park, or talkin trash to the wrong dude.

Parkbandit
07-30-2012, 06:44 PM
What ever happened the people hanging out in the park. When I left GS for the second time ago almost 7 years ago the park was the place to be for spells ect. Only thing I can think of was the thief's but that makes the game fun. Sorta started alot of pvp encounters rather than the hunt/rest/hunt/rest grind. Maybe also the player base has just gotten so small it's easier to meet at TSC for spells. I def miss the rowdy old park days where shit got staightened out at the boulder or stalking someone out to their next hunt to get a little payback. Now it seems everyone is scared of a little pvp?

Once I left, there was very little reason to go there anymore.

TheEschaton
07-30-2012, 07:43 PM
Do you ever find it weird that your forum handle is a result of a text-based game you stopped playing years ago?

Like, my handle is based on an interesting theological concept I learned about in college, almost a decade ago. WTF.

Androidpk
07-30-2012, 07:49 PM
Been using this handle since 1993.

Warriorbird
07-30-2012, 08:33 PM
Once I left, there was very little reason to go there anymore.

Pretty much.

What killed GS PVP was removing Warn Combat.

Parkbandit
07-30-2012, 08:38 PM
Do you ever find it weird that your forum handle is a result of a text-based game you stopped playing years ago?

Like, my handle is based on an interesting theological concept I learned about in college, almost a decade ago. WTF.

I don't want to talk about it.