PDA

View Full Version : AvD is broken for at least some AsG's

Aluvius
07-29-2012, 02:21 PM
I've noticed on my monk and others have posted on the officials that AvD is "stuck" for at least some AsG's. AsG 2 is stuck at 35, AsG 7 is stuck at 35, AsG 8 is stuck at 34 and AsG 9 is stuck at 38. Any weapon/critter attack is using the same AvD's against those armors. I dunno if its affecting any other armor but its likely.

Be careful hunting since that might be a fairly significant swing in AS/DS resolution.

*LOL, I'll try rebooting :)

Aluvius
07-29-2012, 11:47 PM
Oh shit. I got a response from a GM regarding this and its not good news for monks at all. Also I still don't think they understand the other problem with the frozen AvD's.

Iron Skin (1202) does not affect AvD. Assuming you're wearing robes, regardless of the benefit that Iron Skin provides, your AvD will be treated as AsG 2. The spell already provides a tremendous benefit for mentalists and we didn't want to add on extra DS/TD from AvD/CvA modifiers.

GameMaster Estild
Cleric/Empath Team

Aluvius
07-30-2012, 01:47 AM
Welp its been fixed for what its worth, but stuck with robes AvD now as well as CvA. Yikes. I guess damage factors were wacky too but I didn't have a clue they were off. Hmmm.

The issue with damage factors and AvD should be fixed. It was unrelated to Iron Skin.

GameMaster Estild
Cleric/Empath Team

Aluvius
07-30-2012, 09:58 PM
Okay, looks like there's another update to this in case anyone has bothered reading my crazy self replied thread. 1202 DOES use the AvD's of the armor it simulates. I'll try to stop now. :)

Actually, you're right. It is intended to (and does) affect AvD, but not CvA.

GameMaster Estild
Cleric/Empath Team

Mumblz
07-31-2012, 12:54 PM
ok, so whats got better avds...hauberk or MBP?

droit
07-31-2012, 01:24 PM
Hauberk.

Riltus
07-31-2012, 01:31 PM
Advantage MBP vs brawling weapons. Hauberk for all other weapon bases and bolt spells.

Mark