PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Poker

Mint
07-09-2004, 03:11 PM
Does anyone else watch this show on Bravo? There have been two complete tournaments now. Each tournament consists of five games with five players, the winner of each game goes onto the championship game. Each tournament has 17 men playing and 8 women.

Guess what…a woman won each of the first two championships. Moral? Women are better poker players than men.

I am placing all MY chips on a female winning the third championship as well which started Monday.

SnatchWrangler
07-09-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Mint
Does anyone else watch this show on Bravo? There have been two complete tournaments now. Each tournament consists of five games with five players, the winner of each game goes onto the championship game. Each tournament has 17 men playing and 8 women.

Guess what…a woman won each of the first two championships. Moral? Women are better poker players than men.

I am placing all MY chips on a female winning the third championship as well which started Monday.

Worst. Show. Ever.

It's actually excruciatingly painful to watch some of those people play poker. I know I've reached my viewing limit when my eyes start to water at the two minute mark, and my ears start to bleed from the moronic announcers hamming it up.

If women are better poker players, why has there never been one at the final table at WSOP, nevermind winning the whole thing?

Skirmisher
07-09-2004, 03:36 PM
Were just letting team testosterone get overconfident and biding our time is all.... :wedgie:

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-09-2004, 03:43 PM
I watch it, cool show

07-09-2004, 03:44 PM
They should have celebrity strip poker with the Hilton sisters, or any other fine looking species with the female reproductive genetalia :drool:

-Stanley.

Mint
07-09-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by SnatchWrangler
[quote]Worst. Show. Ever.

It's actually excruciatingly painful to watch some of those people play poker. I know I've reached my viewing limit when my eyes start to water at the two minute mark, and my ears start to bleed from the moronic announcers hamming it up.

If women are better poker players, why has there never been one at the final table at WSOP, nevermind winning the whole thing?

Well, considering the number of women that play versus men has a little something to do with that. And yes the announcers on Celebrity poker should be shot...in the leg of course, nothing lethal or anything.

SnatchWrangler
07-09-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
I watch it, cool show

I can't do it. I find myself screaming at the TV at Coolio or Philip Michael Thomas for going all-in with a pair of pocket 3s when there's three face cards on the board. Some of those people are just brutal card players. And C-List celebrities to boot.

Bobmuhthol
07-09-2004, 03:51 PM
SnatchWrangler (I typed SnackWrangler the first time wtf), we need to play Mint and killx0r her now.

Latrinsorm
07-09-2004, 04:51 PM
Basing any men vs. women debate on celebrity performance is ridiculous.

There are good women card players. They are not the best in the world. You can say the same thing about damn near any competition (basketball, weightlifting, chess, bocce).

Skirmisher
07-09-2004, 04:53 PM
Female models are paid more...ergo...clearly women are superior.

Sente
07-09-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by SnatchWrangler
In 1995, Barbara Enright reached the final table of the WSOP, finishing 5th. She is the only woman to reach the final table of the WSOP main event.

So they do have one. :clap:

ThisOtherKingdom
07-09-2004, 05:20 PM
Dave Foley rules.

Mint
07-09-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
Basing any men vs. women debate on celebrity performance is ridiculous.

There are good women card players. They are not the best in the world. You can say the same thing about damn near any competition (basketball, weightlifting, chess, bocce).

Er, lighthearted thread here...how did Bob get it but you didnt? My faith is shaken.

Latrinsorm
07-09-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Mint
Er, lighthearted thread here...how did Bob get it but you didnt? My faith is shaken. This part got me nervous:
team testosteroneThe post I made sounds a bit un-breezier than I intended, though. :fence: Win some, lose some. :smilegrin: