PDA

View Full Version : a teak-handled incised steel chisel (gem chisel)

DannoTheSilent
07-19-2012, 01:43 PM
I'm thinking about letting go of my gem chisel, but I'm still not sure I want to. I have a rather high standing offer, if I decide to sell. While I'm trying to decide, I'll consider better offers over 70m, so feel free to post or PM or IM me (AIM is DannoTheSilent) with any questions or a better offer if you're willing to pay more for it and think your offer will tempt me enough to convince me to sell.

It's a neat item, and worth quite a bit more to certain individuals (including myself and at least one other would-be buyer) than the common rate these are selling for these days, so I'm not really interested in hearing about how I'm asking for too much. I'm still not even sure I want to let it go for that much and I'm only entertaining offers. If you've got the silvers you're willing to part with that you figure I'll part with my chisel for, make me an offer. If not, good day then.

CB: 71m to Buckwheet , and SOLD.

jpatter123
07-19-2012, 02:39 PM
just curious can you chisel a gem that has been purified (non-orb) for instance take a diamond to strain point then chisel it for another 10-20%?

DannoTheSilent
07-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Yes. You can chisel any gem. Supposedly there's a ceiling that you'll hit, a max value you can get from a gem between 1004 and the chisel. But I only used the chisel on gems my bard purified to exceptional quality. You can also chisel orb gems just fine and improve their value. I've taken lots of orb gems that were just under 3000 silver values and chiseled them into chrismable gems worth over 3k.

DannoTheSilent
07-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Oh, and since I've had this question before and tested it to find out the answer, I might as well address this too. Chiseled gems DO count as bounty gems still when sold. If you have a bounty for a number of 'an uncut ruby' and you chisel an uncut ruby into 'a faceted ruby' and sell it to the appropriate gemshop, it will still count as 'an uncut ruby' towards your ruby bounty. I don't, however, know of a way to keep track of what a gem used to look like before it was chiseled. If you chisel 6 'a white opal' and 6 'a black opal' you'll wind up with a dozen 'a facted opal' that I don't really know how to determine which used to be which.

Fallen
07-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Oh, and since I've had this question before and tested it to find out the answer, I might as well address this too. Chiseled gems DO count as bounty gems still when sold. If you have a bounty for a number of 'an uncut ruby' and you chisel an uncut ruby into 'a faceted ruby' and sell it to the appropriate gemshop, it will still count as 'an uncut ruby' towards your ruby bounty. I don't, however, know of a way to keep track of what a gem used to look like before it was chiseled. If you chisel 6 'a white opal' and 6 'a black opal' you'll wind up with a dozen 'a facted opal' that I don't really know how to determine which used to be which.

It's tricky, but typically you use a script to sort by using gem jars in different containers for items that lose their differentiating descriptors.

Sylvan Dreams
07-19-2012, 04:33 PM
You can only chisel a gem ONCE - either before or after 1004 but not both.

The highest I've ever managed to get a gem was 15k.

Each gem has a show description and for most gems you can use that to tell what it used to look like if you keep track.

Fallen
07-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Each gem has a show description and for most gems you can use that to tell what it used to look like if you keep track.

Or that.

Sylvan Dreams
07-19-2012, 04:41 PM
Or that.

I used the show descriptions to build the sorting script <3

DannoTheSilent
07-19-2012, 05:12 PM
faceted gems don't fit in jars. As far as the jars know, it's a different kind of gem and NSF alchemy, so you can't jar them post-chisel strike

crb
07-19-2012, 07:46 PM
blah blahI really don't care about your post. I just wanted to say that this horse is a serious step down from the avatars you used to sport. Shame!

Sav
07-19-2012, 08:10 PM
I bet that chisel is a bitch to charge

jpatter123
07-19-2012, 08:56 PM
I bet that chisel is a bitch to charge

I knew that was coming( or I wonder what mine is worth)

Ardwen
07-19-2012, 09:49 PM
Okay so when ya get a bid post it so the rest of us can respond since saying you and another person overvalue it then tell us to make offers is about the silliest sales pitch I've seen recently

Kronius
07-19-2012, 09:50 PM
Okay so when ya get a bid post it so the rest of us can respond since saying you and another person overvalue it then tell us to make offers is about the silliest sales pitch I've seen recently

Now you've done it, he's going to take his ball and go home, because honestly, he isn't even sure if he wants to sell it!

stormcrow
07-19-2012, 09:55 PM
seriously, how many gems would you have to do to break even on that chisel anyhow?

Ardwen
07-19-2012, 09:55 PM
Yes but will he use the chisel on the ball first?

you dont break even on the chisel, you get the coins back when you get bored with it and resell it

DannoTheSilent
07-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Hey, I'm not trying that hard to sell it so I'm not that worried about it. I have interest for it, I'm just asking if anybody's MORE interested. I decide I want to keep my chisel, I win. I decide I want to sell it to the offer I've got, I win. Anybody wants to tell me I'm doing it wrong, they're entitled to their opinion. I ignore the troll attempts, I win. Sounds like as long as I don't give a rat's ass if people don't like how I'm doing it, I'm just full of win any way you look at it.

stormcrow
07-19-2012, 10:07 PM
Winning! This is what it's really like Charlie Sheen.

Hey, I'm not trying that hard to sell it so I'm not that worried about it. I have interest for it, I'm just asking if anybody's MORE interested. I decide I want to keep my chisel, I win. I decide I want to sell it to the offer I've got, I win. Anybody wants to tell me I'm doing it wrong, they're entitled to their opinion. I ignore the troll attempts, I win. Sounds like as long as I don't give a rat's ass if people don't like how I'm doing it, I'm just full of win any way you look at it.

Kronius
07-19-2012, 10:17 PM

Who are you trying to convince?

DannoTheSilent
07-19-2012, 10:46 PM
Nobody. But feel free to keep trolling if you need something to do.

Helsfeld
07-19-2012, 11:49 PM
Hey danno keep roleplaying a mute ranger who invokes spells

Jeril
07-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Honestly, if you were really interested in possibly getting better offers you'd post the current one. And if you really don't care about what other people would say as much as you claim, you'd have no problem doing so. Taking all that into account it currently sounds more like you are fishing then anything else and likely no one is biting.

DannoTheSilent
07-20-2012, 01:37 PM
Heh. What part of 'beat 70m' makes people think I'm hiding what the offer I got was? I have 1 bite. I promised some people that if I was going to get rid of it, I'd give a heads-up, so they had a chance to make a bid or offer. Those are really the only people I feel any need to honor or appease. If I don't get any other bites, I don't really care. I'm just honoring the promises I made, and that's all I really care about is doing right by the people I made promises to.

If the rest of PC can't handle "Considering offers over 70m" without losing their shit, that's hardly my problem, and I could care less. On that note, if all anyone has to do is bash or troll, I don't have anything else to say about it. I'm just waiting it out a few days until I've been fair enough to the players I made promises to, and if I have to get demonized as some kind of scammer, or called names, it seems that's the price of doing business on PC. I'm not afraid of what some anonymous people on some internet forum say. Everyone knows PC is a hostile place anyway, I'm not going to scramble to try to justify myself. If you get it, cool. If you don't, flame away. Trolls gonna troll.

Buckwheet
07-20-2012, 02:10 PM
71m

Jarvan
07-20-2012, 02:20 PM
Heh. What part of 'beat 70m' makes people think I'm hiding what the offer I got was? I have 1 bite. I promised some people that if I was going to get rid of it, I'd give a heads-up, so they had a chance to make a bid or offer. Those are really the only people I feel any need to honor or appease. If I don't get any other bites, I don't really care. I'm just honoring the promises I made, and that's all I really care about is doing right by the people I made promises to.

If the rest of PC can't handle "Considering offers over 70m" without losing their shit, that's hardly my problem, and I could care less. On that note, if all anyone has to do is bash or troll, I don't have anything else to say about it. I'm just waiting it out a few days until I've been fair enough to the players I made promises to, and if I have to get demonized as some kind of scammer, or called names, it seems that's the price of doing business on PC. I'm not afraid of what some anonymous people on some internet forum say. Everyone knows PC is a hostile place anyway, I'm not going to scramble to try to justify myself. If you get it, cool. If you don't, flame away. Trolls gonna troll.

"Considering" is such a cop-out it isn't funny. Either sell it or shut up.

Helsfeld
07-21-2012, 05:58 AM
Thread: a teak-handled incised steel chisel (gem chisel)

And you;re stil a desperate skirt-chaser even though none of the skirts want you. Please do us a favor, and shut up for a while. Thanks. -M

Skirt Chaser? even though skirts don't want me? you have to be on crack... Danno is like major stalker status and so is colynn or whatever your other name is if you are -M .... not to mention I don't even care about bitches in this game get real

chrenraf
07-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Are you going to update the first post with the new high bid of 71M from another member here?

DannoTheSilent
07-22-2012, 12:57 PM
Yup. Updated.

DannoTheSilent
07-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Since I've committed to selling and this has probably generated all the interest it's going to generate, I'm going to once, twice, sold this. It's gone by the weekend if no more bids.

DannoTheSilent
07-28-2012, 11:13 PM
Updated.

DannoTheSilent
07-29-2012, 05:51 PM
Updated, and sold. Thanks, folks.