PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on Drones

ClydeR
07-08-2012, 03:46 PM
After a drone strike in Yemen last month once again killed more civilians than suspected al-Qaeda members, a Yemeni lawyer sent a message to President Obama stating “Dear Obama, when a U.S. drone missile kills a child in Yemen, the father will go to war with you, guaranteed. Nothing to do with Al Qaeda.” These are the unseen victims of the president’s expanded use of drones, but we should pay attention and we should ask ourselves how we would feel if the tables were turned and a foreign power was killing innocent American children from thousands of miles away. Would we not feel the same?

The expanded use of drones overseas has been matched with the expanded use of drones in the United States, which should alarm every American who values the Constitution and its protections against government interference in our private lives. Recently, the governor of Virginia welcomed the expanded use of drones in his state because they “make law enforcement more productive.” I find that attitude chilling and am sure I am not alone.

Do we want to live in a country where our government constantly flies aircraft overhead to make sure we are not doing anything it disapproves of? Already the Environmental Protection Agency uses drone surveillance to spy on farmers and ranchers to see if they are in compliance with regulations. Local law enforcement agencies are eyeing drone use with great anticipation. Do we really want to live under the watchful eye of “Big Brother”? It is terrifying enough to see how drones are being misused abroad. We must curtail the government’s ability use drones right away lest the massacres in Yemen and Pakistan turn out to be crude training exercises for what the administration has in mind on our own soil.

More... (http://www.ronpaul.com/2012-06-18/ron-paul-down-with-deadly-drones-both-foreign-and-domestic/)

According to Ron Paul, the drone war overseas is a "crude training exercises for what the administration has in mind on our own soil." Do you agree?

A friend of mine has one of those robot vacuum cleaners. It gives me the chills every time I see it.

Gelston
07-08-2012, 03:47 PM
The expanded use of tanks and JDAMs and stuff has me worried they are testing them for use in the US too!

Tgo01
07-08-2012, 03:49 PM
As long as they only target brown people in the US as well I see no problem with this.

Gelston
07-08-2012, 03:54 PM

Beware the roomba bomber.

Halfling Guts
07-09-2012, 01:00 PM
I agree with Dr. Paul.

Halfling Guts
07-10-2012, 05:00 PM
http://www.infowars.com/pentagon-tests-drone-at-civilian-airpark-in-ohio/

Pentagon Tests Drone at Civilian Airpark in Ohio

Fallen
07-10-2012, 05:04 PM
I'd be interested in seeing a PC poll on the use of drones in the US.

Latrinsorm
07-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Cameras everywhere! It seems a little excessive to have them on autonomous flying machines as opposed to stop lights or something, but cameras are cameras. A+++ government, would vote again.

I do not and would not support dropping bombs on United States soil.

Androidpk
07-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Bombs are dropped on American soil almost daily. I'd be more concerned if we were dropping bombs on US civies.

Tgo01
07-10-2012, 06:15 PM
As long as they only target brown people in the US as well I see no problem with this.

Neg Thread: Ron Paul on Drones

so racist

It was funny! Laugh!