PDA

View Full Version : Lost ice cream flavors.

07-07-2004, 05:39 AM
hey there ho there, I'm not much an ice cream connosseur, but I feel that it is my duty to ask on these boards if anyone can help me find an ice cream chain that has COFFEE CHIP as a flavor.

Ever since Haagen-Daaz ditched it in the mid 90's my second stomach has been insatiated.

Post script: i tried mixing coffee with sprinkles, those little chocolate shits, other stuff, but none have outmatched the awesomeness of the coffee chip.

If you know anything, or the whereabouts of coffee chip ice-cream, it is urgent that you reply or U2U me. Thank you. I am very serious about this.

Artha
07-07-2004, 05:40 AM
Here (http://www.mcconnells.com/flavors.html) you go. Not sure if you can order online, but they have coffee chip.

07-07-2004, 05:46 AM
(Southern California)
Jeff and Tony's Distr.
(Southern California)
West Pico Foods
(Southern California)
Ross Swiss Dairies
(Southern California)
Leader Distribution
(Southern California)
Producers Dairy
(Northern California)
DOC Distributors
(Las Vegas, NV)
Meadowgold
(Denver, CO)
JML Distribution
(Chicago, IL)
Meadowgold
(Honolulu, HI)
IC Distributors
(Oahu, HI)
Shamrock
(Phoenix, AZ)

Thanks Artha, but I think the ice cream would melt before it reached the 718 :no:

Artha
07-07-2004, 05:54 AM
From here (http://newyorkmetro.com/nymetro/food/guides/features/6158/):

The Place
Fiamma
206 Spring Street
212-653-0100
The Concoction
The Ice-Cream Quartet ($9)
The Verdict
They call it gelati on the menu, but it's a bit too heavy to pass. What it has, however, are some of the richest and most appealing flavors in town. Gianduja, coffee chip, mint, and pistachio. Garnished with strips of chocolate. You won't even miss the cherries. Much.

I'm assuming they have coffee chip, because it's in the Ice-Cream Quartet thing.

07-07-2004, 06:23 AM
I shall call them during business hours today.

You da man esse.

Artha
07-07-2004, 06:24 AM
Never underestimate the power of Google.

Weedmage Princess
07-07-2004, 08:18 AM
I'm like 99.9% positive I saw an ice cream like that in the frozen foods case at the supermarket the other day by Starbucks (makes sense, eh) You live in NYC, I can't imagine there isn't a grocery store around you that doesn't carry the Starbucks line of ice creams.

Edited to add: In the mean time, drop the coffee stuff and get yourself some REAL ice cream. Ben and Jerry's Half Baked.

[Edited on 7-7-2004 by Weedmage Princess]

Czeska
07-07-2004, 08:30 AM
HagenDaaz Pistachio. omg drool.

Latrinsorm
07-07-2004, 12:49 PM
Dippin' Dots are the bestest ice cream ever.

DeV
07-07-2004, 12:53 PM
I have only seen the dippin dots at amusement parks. Hagen Daaz is the best and most fattening in my opinion. :drool: Ben and Jerrys have the most awesome flavors.

Weedmage Princess
07-07-2004, 12:54 PM
Don't get the Ben and Jerry's Carb Karma crap.

That stuff is HELL in a pint sized container.

DeV
07-07-2004, 12:57 PM
It sounds gross. I happen to like my carbs, in full.

Weedmage Princess
07-07-2004, 01:00 PM
Heh

You'd be amazed how good some of the carb watchers stuff taste. I'm weird though..if I find something that's suitable for dieters or whatever, I'll tend to favor that over the regular stuff. My love for Diet Soda is an example of this, as is my love for the Carb Options Skippy peanut butter and those Slim A Bear Klondike bars I discovered after having my son. (tastes just like the regular stuff)

But yes a lot of the stuff does taste like crap...and unfortunately the Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream is no exception :(

07-07-2004, 11:32 PM
I kinda passed out into a day night reversal and was unable to contact the ice cream peoples.

P.S. I sincerely hope, that this is not some gelato bullshit, but the knock a mule on its ass, heartstopping, cholesterol kickin' ICE CREAM!