PDA

View Full Version : Alterers

Lord Whirlin
08-17-2003, 03:12 AM
So, all those altered people out there: Who is the best alterer, and what have they made for you? (I would have made this a poll if I had an extensive list of alterers)
Or: Who was the worst?

Hips
08-18-2003, 03:41 PM
Best is Bindi, I haven't had a worst yet. :)

Dighn Darkbeam
08-18-2003, 03:50 PM
Though I cannot remember her name, the jewelry alterer that came to River's Rest late 2002. It was my very first alter and she was both patient and willing to help me along.

Scott
08-18-2003, 04:21 PM
Sukara, simply because she gave me an ice age alter about 8 months ago. She probably didn't realize it, but when I can sell an alter for 6m because of her, I have to like her.

Kitsun
08-19-2003, 02:08 PM
Thats kinda funny, Bindi is Sukara! Kyalia, the GM behind those merchants would probably win an absolutely blinding amount of votes just because of the sheer number of people she's done work for. She's done some really great work for me including a tattered wanted poster and a constabulary recruitment poster hehe! She'll do most anything when she's tired and wants to keep the line moving.

Chavie, I think thats Khaladon's, is also pretty good most times.

Worst might go to whoever Nitza is. She was a disappointment on so many levels. She's picky about what can get turned into another item, about materials, everything. She wouldn't turn a ring into a wedding band for a friend, she wouldn't supply ONYX, so I had to go and buy one of her OTHER rings for onyx. Anytime I've gotten on her list she's been pretty mean and it didn't seem like RP. The last few times I've passed my turn to some other poor sucker in the room.

I almost feel guilty mentioning Storven as a bad alterer but... he tries too hard. He butchered some ideas and wouldn't budge on em. His lines take forever when he alters because he's trying to "fix" them all.

If your going to do a poll, it might be best to list the GM's and their respective personas than trying to get a list of merchants. The last faire alone probably had 20 new merchants that won't ever be seen again.

[Edited on 8-19-2003 by Kitsun]

peam
08-19-2003, 03:04 PM
Sukara's good. She goes on marathons. I haven't really tried to get an alter in right around a year or so, but when I was hardcore into it, I saw her alter for hours upon end for locked tents of people.

Kisteira
08-19-2003, 10:40 PM
Norvil has been my favorite so far. He made me laugh. So far he's the only alterer who has geniunly made me laugh.

Any idea which GM this is?

ElvenRangeress
08-21-2003, 02:33 AM
i liked bindi and celymbror, i can't spell his name right ;P

Hips
08-21-2003, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by ElvenRangeress
i liked bindi and celymbror, i can't spell his name right ;P

Celembrybor, or something like that. It's a mouthful.

Weedmage Princess
08-21-2003, 07:47 PM
Yeah, I like Sukara lots! Didn't know Bindi was Sukara!

I also like Polto a lot.

08-23-2003, 02:09 AM
I don't like any alterers Tigermist runs. She wont do racial stuff. For example, a cloak from her would be "a dark purple elven-style cloak', instead of a dark purple elven cloak. Or a green Ardenai-style waraxe... Makes no sense really... Anyways, she handles a vast majority of the alteration scrolls.

My favorite alterer is hands down anything from GM Kyalia. (IE. Sukara, Bindi, Melli, etc) She's really flexable as to what she'll do, and she's one of the only merchants that doesn't scowl when they're doing work for you. Now don't get me wrong... I wouldn't mind if it was a GM scowling at the thought of them being put to work... but a Merchant in an RP world scowling because they have to do work for you just doesn't make sense.

Most of Khaladon's merchants are mean in some way, side from his fruity instrument merchant. Lirion for example hates dwarves, while Hanist isn't a big fan of any elves. He posted all about this on the official boards awhile back. Anyways... Believe it or not, Chavie is run by GM Mahegh and not Khaladon.

Betheny
08-23-2003, 02:19 AM
Raziras.

There is NO comparison.

ElvenRangeress
08-23-2003, 02:27 PM
well of course khal doesn't run chavie, chavie's nice ;o)

[Edited on 8-23-2003 by ElvenRangeress]

Hips
08-23-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
Raziras.

There is NO comparison.

He's hysterical. Not only is he weird (some of the stuff he says reminds me of Happy Noodle Boy from Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, dunno if any of you know who that is), but he's perfectly "sane" in whispers, and genuinely tries to help you out with your alters.

StrayRogue
08-26-2003, 12:48 PM
Raziras, Sukara's minions, anyone by Khaladon. I HATE Chavie. He is slow, rude, and utterly tasteless.

Beastabana
08-28-2003, 12:29 PM
I've got to say the nicest alterer Ive ever worked with was Katrianne, she works tirelessly and is pretty flexible. I had an absolute blast at Medwick's deadly couples games, nothing like trying to kill your partner for alters :lol:
And although, she not an alterer, I have to mention Balouga, I have never had a boring time at her raffles. Not only do I get a kick out of her antic, but everyone who goes gets right into it most times.

Kurili
08-31-2003, 07:05 PM
I always found Balouga to be a lot of fun! She never stopped falling for "But her butt is nowhere as big as you said it was"....peer at some poor soul....BAM! Poor soul is toast!

Such fun!