PDA

View Full Version : Boycott of Rainbow Cookies

ClydeR
06-30-2012, 04:58 PM
In the other important cookie story of the week, One Million Moms, a family values organization for women whose president is Tim Wildmon, put out a stinging condemnation of the new Oreo ad featuring Oreos with rainbow colored filling.

Oreo (Kraft Foods) is joining others in supporting Gay Pride. This month is LBGT Pride month and only time will tell if Oreo's support will continue. The company announced its support for same sex marriage on the Oreo Cookie Facebook page with a picture of a rainbow version of their famous cookie. Oreo's Facebook thread read, "Proudly Support Love!" with a graphic that read "June 25| Pride."

The cookie maker is quick to point out that the picture is simply an ad, and doesn't depict a true product. But it announced to American consumers where it stands on the controversial "gay" marriage issue nonetheless. Homosexuals are weighing in, hoping Oreo makes the fake cookie real.

Moms are aware that Kraft manufacturers a long list of popular products, but Kraft needs to know that there are competitors that make similar products. Moms also know that store brand products will help the grocery bill in this tough economy.

More... (http://www.onemillionmoms.com/issues/oreo-supports-gay-pride/)

As mom Wildmon says, if you're a good mom, you will buy your kids store brand cookies.

~Rocktar~
07-01-2012, 03:05 AM
Just buy plain Oreos and skip the rainbow ones. Or go for the 2 best cookies ever made, mint cream Oreos and fudge dipped Oreos and lay down so you don't have to fall when you slip into a diabetic coma.

diethx
07-01-2012, 03:07 AM
When I read the title, I thought you meant tri-color cookies, which I call rainbow cookies. Those are so fucking delicious. I wish more places down here sold them.

Reliel
07-01-2012, 03:47 AM