PDA

View Full Version : Level 99 archer

Archigeek
06-30-2012, 12:49 AM
http://www.wimp.com/levelarcher/

She's actually pretty good. I'm sure there was a better place to put this, but thought you guys might appreciate it... or not. Her reverse handed speed pull is pretty good, and at the end she is pretty much on target when she holds still, even though she's firing off an arrow about once every 2 seconds or so.

Drakefang
06-30-2012, 07:19 PM
I was thoroughly impressed. Her target was at least as small as a neck or head, perhaps not an eye.

jpatter123
06-30-2012, 07:39 PM
pretty awesome. I always wondered if the LoTR shooting rate was really possible. Looks like that proves it yes. Thanks for sharing.

Mumblz
06-30-2012, 08:41 PM
this made me archery happy all over again

Middian
06-30-2012, 08:43 PM
Ya, very cool indeed!

Archigeek
07-01-2012, 02:15 AM
That upside-down/backward draw seems to be what allows her to shoot so fast. That and a ton of practice I'm sure. At first I figured she couldn't hit anything, but at the end when they show the target, she's pretty accurarate when she's not moving. I wonder how many pounds pull that bow is? She's shooting at probably just over one shot per second, which is really amazing.

Kitsun
07-01-2012, 02:42 AM
Would've liked to have seen her accuracy on the move.

Archigeek
07-01-2012, 03:12 AM
Would've liked to have seen her accuracy on the move.

You can see it toward the end. When they finally turn the view around and show you the target, at first she starts firing while walking, and her accuracy is not that great, probably within 5 feet or so of the target on each shot. But then she stops and holds still and she's within a foot of her target on every shot, firing at the same fast rate.

Archigeek
12-01-2012, 01:15 AM
Amazingly, this guy is even faster:

http://www.wimp.com/forgottenarchery/

daemon
12-01-2012, 01:35 AM
Thats amazing. The 2nd guy looks a little silly firing though but the speed is incredible.

Archigeek
12-01-2012, 01:39 AM
Agreed. And the narator's voice sounds a little weirdly electronic. But the speed is amazing, and he's pretty accurate too.

Vorpodu
12-01-2012, 04:35 PM
For some reason I still think my gun wins...

Kitsun
12-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Agreed. And the narator's voice sounds a little weirdly electronic. But the speed is amazing, and he's pretty accurate too.

I'm pretty sure that was text to voice.

I'm pretty skeptical about what modern hobby people say about what is possible for what older civilizations used as a primary "BE GOOD AT THIS OR FUCKING DIE" skills. People can train like 3 hours a day for years at a skill but it still isn't the same as having generations perfect a skill and having it taught to you as a child and growing up having/knowing this is what you need to do in order to survive.

Archigeek
12-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Agreed. It really is amazing though. I thought the "level 99" chick was impressive, and still do, but this guy is amazing. He lacks her charisma, but hats off to anyone who can fire 11 arrows before the first one hits the ground. And he was hitting targets pretty accurately in some of his other drills too.