PDA

View Full Version : Transference (225)/Spirit Guide (130) & Realms

Wyildarren
06-27-2012, 01:56 PM
First of all how are the realms divided in Elanthia, and how does it restrict the use of 130 and 225? I ASSuME that you can 225 to someone in like Ta'Vaalor from the Landing... I could not find anything on Krakii so does anyone have any literature on this? Also if my assumption is correct, what is your opinion on disolving those realm restrictions on 130/225 and tweaking the spells for the purposes of rescues?

Kitsun
06-27-2012, 02:06 PM
The realms are typically set up around the major towns (Wehnimer's Landing, Ice Mule, Pine Far, Sol Haven, Teras, Zul Logoth, Ta'Illistim, Ta'Vaalor) or hunting grounds (The Rift, Old Ta'Faendryl, The Moon/Sheru Monastery).

It affects 130 by the change in landing spots. 130 is basically a group fog home to a safe point. Typically you'll get dropped inside or right around town.

You can only 225 (fog to) on someone within the same realm.

You can NOT fog to someone in Vaalor from Landing.

It is unlikely that they would ever tweak 225 to operate cross realm.

jpatter123
06-27-2012, 02:26 PM
It is unlikely that they would ever tweak 225 to operate cross realm.

yup will never happen. 130 has already undergone several tweaks(sickness added, random landing added) to diminish the ability to just fog to and from on a rapid basis. Lots of areas within the same realm are 225/930(wizard gate) restricted too to further limit the ability to bypass barriers or puzzles. I was shocked when sorcs got the ability to cross realm, but beyond the rare item that grants the ability and the chronomage, I'm nearly positive that's all the cross realm you'll see from magic.

Fallen
06-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Savants were said to be getting the next X-realms travel spell, though that was a long time ago.