PDA

View Full Version : Just Returned Lvl 25 Cleric Skill Placement?

ItachiR
06-20-2012, 07:25 PM
Just got back to the game after about 8 year hiatus, would like to take this level 25 cleric to a pure spell caster don't care about raising gonna be mostly for leveling for awhile then maybe around 50 fixskill to do both. Good Ideas for Skill placement Pure Casting and society Suggestions. Currently set to Voln.

Gompers
06-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Do you have a fix stat? I don't know what the window is - but 8 years sounds like SIMU would give you a fixstat after a such a long hiatus...

Welcome back! As far as pure casting clerics go, if you're mastered in voln you could stick with that, pick up brawling for voln fu and align to an evil deity so that you could use bane on the living and volnfu on the undead, or just jump into col and have mana not really ever be an issue via wracking - what race is the char?

ItachiR
06-22-2012, 12:38 AM
Human, he has a fixskill I don't know about a fixstat I'll have to check. Will brawling keep my defense up open handed? Should I carry a runestaff?

Danaandim
06-25-2012, 05:54 PM
Should I carry a runestaff?

In order to use a runestaff you should know that 8 magical trains/level=1X Two Handed Weapon. Since you'll probably fulfill this easily, then yes a runestaff is a good idea, starting in your middle years. Many clerics swing in their young years and end up switching to pure caster. I did so at about 40 trains. Gives you the ability to block bolts.

The "magical trains" that I mentioned encompass all spells, lores, HP, Mana Controls, Arcane Symbols, and MIU.

Danaandim