PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul floor speech on Syria

Androidpk
06-19-2012, 05:15 PM
http://www.ronpaultribune.com/index.php/other/contributors-articles/1382-ron-paul-floor-speech-from-today-june-19-2012

We need more politicians that think this way. We can't afford nor should we get involved in that mess over there. If Russia is so keen on straightening things out let them.

Bobmuhthol
06-19-2012, 05:19 PM
We will always need fewer politicians who think like Ron Paul.

WRoss
06-19-2012, 05:37 PM
His speech makes sense, but consider this for a second:

Any action to intervene in Syria will go through the UN first. Looking at the UNSEC veto possibilities, it'll likely result in a Russia veto. That'll mean any action needs to go through NATO. Now, USA, UK, and France have to figure this out. Hollande will likely refuse action. It's an election year in the US. It's hard to say what would happen should Obama decide to take action. If anything, it can be assured that the US would take a back seat role. That leaves the UK, who is in a severe financial crisis. Any action to mitigate the conflict in Syria will likely be bogged down by the House of Commons.

The reality is that the US will continue to pay the opposition forces covertly, which are vastly outnumbered. We'll focus on that and appease our nation. Iran knows they can't move. Russia will make sure of it. There is way too much to lose if a proxy war breaks out. This will be another conflict in which we have to stand by and watch. Unless Syria becomes an aggressor, this is just another non-issue to those in power.

Androidpk
06-19-2012, 05:40 PM
We will always need fewer politicians who think like Ron Paul.

:lol2:

Spoken like a true idiot.

Androidpk
06-19-2012, 05:46 PM
His speech makes sense, but consider this for a second:

Any action to intervene in Syria will go through the UN first. Looking at the UNSEC veto possibilities, it'll likely result in a Russia veto. That'll mean any action needs to go through NATO. Now, USA, UK, and France have to figure this out. Hollande will likely refuse action. It's an election year in the US. It's hard to say what would happen should Obama decide to take action. If anything, it can be assured that the US would take a back seat role. That leaves the UK, who is in a severe financial crisis. Any action to mitigate the conflict in Syria will likely be bogged down by the House of Commons.

The reality is that the US will continue to pay the opposition forces covertly, which are vastly outnumbered. We'll focus on that and appease our nation. Iran knows they can't move. Russia will make sure of it. There is way too much to lose if a proxy war breaks out. This will be another conflict in which we have to stand by and watch. Unless Syria becomes an aggressor, this is just another non-issue to those in power.

When you have multiple opposition forces some of whom are questionable you have to ask if the long term risks are worth it. It certainly didn't work out to our advantage when we supported the mujahideen in Afghanistan against the Russians.

Bobmuhthol
06-19-2012, 05:58 PM
:lol2:

Spoken like a true idiot.

You know you idolize someone who wants to remove the Federal Reserve Bank, right?

You are supporting a man who would have this country on a gold standard, and that's so fucking retarded that I can't begin to take you seriously.

Hoo ha cherry soda.

Androidpk
06-19-2012, 06:02 PM
You know you idolize someone who wants to remove the Federal Reserve Bank, right?

You are supporting a man who would have this country on a gold standard, and that's so fucking retarded that I can't begin to take you seriously.

Hoo ha cherry soda.

That's your whole basis for wanting less politicians like him? And don't worry, you not taking me seriously isn't even a blip on my radar of shit I care about.

Bobmuhthol
06-19-2012, 06:03 PM
One reason I do not want to see people like Ron Paul in office is that he wants to ruin the economy, yeah. I guess that's a pretty dumb reason now that you've pointed it out.

Parkbandit
06-19-2012, 07:46 PM
One reason I do not want to see people like Ron Paul in office is that he wants to ruin the economy

Do you have a quote of Ron Paul stating this? That he "wants" to ruin the economy?

Bobmuhthol
06-19-2012, 07:48 PM
One reason I do not want to see people like Ron Paul in office is that he will foolishly attempt to fix the economy while making it worse.

(I can't believe that's your response.)

Warriorbird
06-19-2012, 07:57 PM
(I can't believe that's your response.)

Yes you can.