PDA

View Full Version : New trap?

Mint
07-05-2004, 02:41 PM
Okay, is this a new type of trap? And if so, how do I go about disarming it? I had a friend cast 407 at it and although it was not disarmed it popped open easily without repercussions. My rogue tried using various implements to disarm it but without luck. Granted, I have not been playing a rogue much so it's possible it is a common trap I have not run into yet but if not, a little help would be appreciated.

disarm my trunkYou carefully begin to examine a scratched wooden trunk for traps...

There appears to be a plate over the lock, sealing it and preventing any access to the tumblers.

It looks like a very basic trap (-33).

You still have a good enough picture of the trap in your mind, that you could try to disarm it.

Roundtime: 5 sec.
R>You feel less drained.
>disarm my trunkHaving discovered a trap on the trunk you begin to carefully attempt to disarm it...

You don't seem to have any way to get through that metal plate covering the lock. Gonna chew through it?
Roundtime: 4 sec.

Back
07-05-2004, 02:42 PM
with lockpick

Bobmuhthol
07-05-2004, 02:42 PM
It's the trap equivalent of a lockless box. I think you might be able to disarm it with lock mastery.

Mint
07-05-2004, 02:44 PM
I tried it with both a lockpick and a dagger just to see and neither worked. I got the same chewing message with both implements. So I suppose I should get busy with the guild.

Back
07-05-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
It's the trap equivalent of a lockless box. I think you might be able to disarm it with lock mastery.

Bob probably knows more about this than me since all I ever played were bards and rangers.

[Edited on 7-5-2004 by Backlash]

theotherjohn
07-05-2004, 02:47 PM
yup plate is designed for lockmastery

also safe to bash

Bobmuhthol
07-05-2004, 02:47 PM
The only trap I can remember using a lockpick for is the small sphere (which, with lock mastery, you can remove and sell to the gemshop) that cast 435 when activated. If there's another, it's similar.

Nieninque
07-05-2004, 02:51 PM
I think that with LM you will be able to take the acid from the spore traps and burn the plates off.

Just a guess

Edaarin
07-05-2004, 02:56 PM
You can pop those boxes and bash them, they are indeed the new version of lockless boxes.

At rank 14 of lockmastery, you can create wedges to open them with as well as use trap components later on to eat the lock away.

Kitsun
07-05-2004, 03:02 PM
Can't you use a wedge on those suckers too? Still haven't fiddled with LM but I scanned something like that.