PDA

View Full Version : 1025...

Makkah
05-19-2003, 10:38 PM
Just curious what you all think 1025 should be able to do for ya?

Me? I just think it should stay by my side and get my back. Swing independantly... and NOT take orders... give our weapons some life.

Should Sonic weapons be animate-able?

rht

Parkbandit
05-20-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Makkah
Just curious what you all think 1025 should be able to do for ya?

Me? I just think it should stay by my side and get my back. Swing independantly... and NOT take orders... give our weapons some life.

Should Sonic weapons be animate-able?
rht

I can't imagine how it will be different than simply swinging it yourself. Maybe it will allow a bard to be in guarded stance, while the singing sword is attacking at full offensive stance. Maybe some additional crits. Maybe a lower rt.. to like 3. Maybe it will keep attacking for a time period without you having to command it to do so like a familiar.

If it's just prep 1025, sing and the sword starts hacking away as normal at the target with no true benefit to the bard other than looking cool.. it will be a waste of a song slot.. especially a level 25 one.

[Edited on 5-20-2003 by Parkbandit]

Warriorbird
05-20-2003, 09:42 AM
I'd almost lay money that it won't be out in GS4.

Makkah
05-20-2003, 11:18 AM
<<If it's just prep 1025, sing and the sword starts hacking away as normal at the target with no true benefit to the bard other than looking cool.. it will be a waste of a song slot.. especially a level 25 one.>>

I'm curious why you think this wouldn't be beneficial? Two heads is better than one!

Say you're hunting some Illoke... oops, you get caught in offensive stance and a shaman chops your leg off... you're stunned for 12 rounds on the ground.
Up flies your Singing Lance and begins hacking at the Shaman, chopping IT'S leg off, then proceeding to decapitate it, thus saving you from dying.

I think it'll be awesome... will definitely make me consider developing a... ahem... relationship with my lance.

rht

PS: I hope you're wrong, Conan... but I sense the same thing.

Warriorbird
05-20-2003, 12:29 PM
It's not beneficial for most Bards, because an unaimed, non strength boosted, non society boosted, weapon attack...with a one handed edge...

is pure crap.

For polearm users? Sure, it might be real nice.

Soulpieced
06-28-2003, 12:27 PM
It was a stupid song anyway.

Makkah
06-28-2003, 04:33 PM
<<It was a stupid song anyway.>>

So what would YOU like to see, mister high and mighty?

rht

Soulpieced
06-29-2003, 03:35 PM
Nothing, bards suck thx

Soulpieced
06-29-2003, 03:37 PM
PS:

Soulpieced be godly, thx

Ilvane
06-29-2003, 04:21 PM
At Simucon we were told that 1025 would not be in Phase 1, anyway.

They are still taking suggestions, I gather.;)

-A

Makkah
06-29-2003, 04:33 PM
Well we've been told multiple times that coding has started for 1025: Singing Sword. So I doubt they're still looking for ideas for it. The reason it keeps getting pushed back is that the GMs coding it keep leaving and taking their notes with them, etc.

rht