PDA

View Full Version : Obama (regularly?) skips out on check @ restaurant(s)

Atlanteax
06-15-2012, 12:15 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/14/obama-skips-out-on-check-restaurant_n_1597776.html

President Barack Obama briefly left a D.C. barbecue restaurant hanging on Wednesday, when he and his entourage left the establishment without paying the check.

ABC News reports on the meeting at Kenny’s BBQ on Capitol Hill:
As the group chatted about fatherhood, the president enjoyed a steaming plate of pork ribs with hot sauce, collard greens, red beans and rice and cornbread.
The bill for the president and his four guests was $55.58, but was left unpaid at the point of sale, according to pool reports.Obama was holding the early Father's Day luncheon with members of the military and barbers to tout a new parenting initiative called "Fatherhood Buzz." The program is meant to provide dads with child rearing advice at local barbershops.
While the White House was quick to rectify the mistake, the momentary lapse contains a bit of unassociated irony, as just a day earlier the president sought to make a restaurant analogy to criticize Republicans.
“It’s like somebody goes to a restaurant, orders a big steak dinner, martini, all that stuff,” Obama told a crowd gathered in Baltimore. “And then, just as you’re sitting down, they leave, and accuse you of running up the tab!”

Heh @ the irony part.

I included (regularly?) as I would consider the behavior of skipping out on a check is formulated by prior habits (ie staff advisers paying, hosts paying, etc ... resulting in the expectation that you no longer have to pay it yourself).

Seems emblematic of an attitude of "lol, someone else will pay the bill" that contributes to his apparent inability to comprehend why he is perceived as spending-happy president.

Rinualdo
06-15-2012, 12:24 PM
Really reaching here.

Back
06-15-2012, 12:31 PM
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web03/2012/6/15/11/anigif_snap-on-smile-4475-1339775888-4.gif

AnticorRifling
06-15-2012, 01:33 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/14/obama-skips-out-on-check-restaurant_n_1597776.html

Heh @ the irony part.

I included (regularly?) as I would consider the behavior of skipping out on a check is formulated by prior habits (ie staff advisers paying, hosts paying, etc ... resulting in the expectation that you no longer have to pay it yourself).

Seems emblematic of an attitude of "lol, someone else will pay the bill" that contributes to his apparent inability to comprehend why he is perceived as spending-happy president.

Your entire post is pretty much retarded.

Tisket
06-15-2012, 01:46 PM

Heh @ the irony part.

I know you aren't stupid, so why do you keep posting like such a drone?

Gelston
06-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Well, most of the time the President DOES have a lot of other people doing even the most mundane things for him, I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone else's job to pay for it with a Government Charge Card. Perks of being the President.

leifastagsweed
06-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Sounds like an episode of Veep.

ravashaak
06-15-2012, 02:27 PM
Next time just make shit up. It wouldn't be much less retarded than this post.

Back
06-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Sounds like an episode of Veep.

That show is growing on me. Fairly shallow but then so is DC.

Jarvan
06-15-2012, 04:59 PM
Why would the Pres ever have to pay for anything, these people should be HONORED he even graces them with his presence.

Gibreficul
06-15-2012, 06:34 PM
I'd ask... no I'd ORDER that piece of shit to leave if he entered an establishment I owned. I don't want him chasing off my regulars... You know, CONSERVATIVE HARD WORKING patrons.

TheEschaton
06-15-2012, 06:37 PM
yeah, but you're a moron.

Tisket
06-15-2012, 06:38 PM

^

Latrinsorm
06-15-2012, 07:17 PM
How has no one made a joke about not letting a black man leave a tip yet?

Gibreficul
06-15-2012, 07:39 PM

Coming from an idiot liberal like you, that's a compliment. THANK YOU.

How has no one made a joke about not letting a black man leave a tip yet?

That's cause he only plays the "black" card when it benefits him. He's not black, he's biracial. Also, that would be totally racist.

Back
06-15-2012, 07:43 PM
That's cause he only plays the "black" card when it benefits him. He's not black, he's biracial. Also, that would be totally racist.

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal05/2012/6/15/17/anigif_enhanced-buzz-29463-1339795341-0.gif

Tisket
06-15-2012, 08:59 PM

I'm not liberal and yet I am in total agreement with TheE here. The commonly held belief that you are indeed a moron has nothing at all to do with political ideology.

TheEschaton
06-15-2012, 10:15 PM

If George Bush was still President and walked into a restaurant I owned, I'd welcome him with open arms because HE'S THE FUCKING PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. I might verbally disagree with him on some issues if he tries to be all down homey with me and say something like "small business owners like you sure could use a tax cut in the middle of a multi-billion dollar war, donchya think?" but I wouldn't kick him out of my restaurant.

Again, you're a fucking moron.

Gelston
06-15-2012, 10:16 PM
Yes Gib, you are being pretty fucking stupid there. Regardless of WHERE you live, having had a President eat at your establishment is a plus. Hell, I live in Louisiana, we always go Republican in the Presidential elections, but Clinton stayed a night at a hotel here... Yeah... They still harp on that to this day.

Also, you ask people to respect you for writing scripts for a text based RPG that less that .000000001% of the population of the US plays. This guy is the President of the fucking United States. How about respecting him a little? Even if you don't agree with his stance on certain issues, he still has a tough fucking job.

Reliel
06-15-2012, 10:22 PM
I'm with the others. Sorry Gibreficul.

The president doing business anywhere is a big deal.

TheEschaton
06-15-2012, 11:24 PM
LOL has he actually called hockey civilized? I love hockey, but hockey is far from civilized. Some of the dumbest people I've ever known have been hockey players.

Reliel
06-15-2012, 11:26 PM
What's that old saying?

"I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out." or something like that?

Jarvan
06-16-2012, 01:14 AM
LOL has he actually called hockey civilized? I love hockey, but hockey is far from civilized. Some of the dumbest people I've ever known have been hockey players.

Well.. this can be said of any sport. So that's not much of an statement really. A dumb jock is a dumb jock.

I wouldn't call hockey civilized either. Fun game to play though.

TheEschaton
06-16-2012, 01:59 AM
I played goalie when I was a kid. Of course, when I was a kid, Dominic Hasek was our goalie and everyone wanted to be the fucking Dominator.

Gibreficul
06-16-2012, 05:01 AM
You people really need to look up the definition of hyperbole.

Atlanteax
06-18-2012, 01:48 PM
http://media.caglecartoons.com/media/cartoons/127/2012/06/14/113476_600.jpg