PDA

View Full Version : So out of curiosity...

Disrupture
07-03-2004, 05:57 PM
How many people here have Livejournals? How often do you write? How personal do you get with the stuff you write in it?

Personally, I write in mine on average once a day. Sometimes I'll make several entries in a day, and sometimes I'll go for long periods of time without writing in it at all. I tend to be very personal in mine, but that's because I'm the kind of person who doesn't mind being open with people about stuff. There isn't much in there I wouldn't put in a public entry.

Mine is in my website link, if you are curious.

Artha
07-03-2004, 05:59 PM
I have a blogspot blog. I write every time I feel like it...that started out as an almost daily thing, but now it's more seldom (mostly because I'm not going to school now, so there's not much to write about). Mine's pretty basic...nothing too personal, but I don't mind writing about most stuff.

Ravenstorm
07-03-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Disrupture
How many people here have Livejournals?
Mine is in my website link...

Yes.

I don't update every day though. Some things I post are duplicates of what I post here. Some are things I won't post here because they're more in the nature of rants and would quite definitely offend someone. Other things are items that I know people on my friend's list are interested in. The final category are more notes to myself to keep me honest and motivated on such things losing weight and exercising. Unlike with a New Year's resolutions, having it in 'print' makes it harder to forget one's good intentions.

Raven

Disrupture
07-03-2004, 06:18 PM
If I posted here more often I'd probably write in my journal less often. As it is, I don't feel like i'm part of the "group" on these boards, so I usually don't post in the social or off topic forums and usually just post when I feel that something I have to see is really important. I just lurk, mostly.

Anyway, alot of what I post on livejournal falls in that "stuff people on my friends list would be interested in" category, too.

HarmNone
07-03-2004, 06:23 PM
Heh. There is no "group" here, Disrupture...at least, not one that you are not welcome to be a part of! Just jump on in! We'd love to get to know you better! :)

HarmNone, always ready to make a new friend

Betheny
07-03-2004, 06:35 PM
I have a LJ, I update it sometimes, but I generally leave things vague.

Mistomeer
07-03-2004, 06:39 PM
Livejournals are dumb.

Disrupture
07-03-2004, 06:41 PM
Well Harmnone, I'll certainly try. I've had bad message board experiences in the past, but the people here do seem really cool.

HarmNone
07-03-2004, 06:45 PM
We're a pretty good group, Disrupture. Of course, one cannot be overly sensitive. There is a barracuda influence that surfaces every now and then, but as long as you don't take things too personally, you'll get along just fine.:bouncy:

HarmNone says Welcome!

CrystalTears
07-03-2004, 06:46 PM
I have a Xanga site that I make entries for when I remember that I have one and feel like venting about things that happen in my life. What I vent about there is very different than what I discuss here. It's not even very private but I'm not overly vocal about everything either. Strange, since I'm pretty much an open book and have nothing to hide. :shrug:

Souzy
07-03-2004, 06:46 PM
I have one on Xanga. Haven't done any entries for a while though, meaning about a year.

Ravenstorm
07-03-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone
There is a barracuda influence that surfaces every now and then, but as long as you don't take things too personally, you'll get along just fine.

And Harmnone is the biggest fish in the pond. Watch out for pagans. They're ruthless and go straight for the throat.

Raven

HarmNone
07-03-2004, 06:58 PM
Heee!:moon2:

What pagan? Where?

Ravenstorm
07-03-2004, 07:02 PM
HarmNone
Resident Pagan Nun
Staff Leader

Raven

HarmNone
07-03-2004, 07:10 PM
It's a mirage, Raven. A mere figment of your imagination. A chimera. Pay it no mind. There are no evil pagans here.:whistle:

As I was walking up the stair
I met a pagan who wasn't there....

Ravenstorm
07-03-2004, 07:20 PM
...she wasn't there again today...

Raven

Edaarin
07-03-2004, 08:12 PM
I keep a xanga, it's a good way to stay updated on what's going on in my friends' lives who I don't have a chance to talk with as much as I would like to. I don't update mine that often, maybe about once a week for the last few months.

Back
07-03-2004, 08:24 PM
I do not have an L J. The PC is the only time-stamped evidence of my opinions. I used to keep a journal though. Very revealing actually when you go back and read it.

PS. What Harm-nun said.

Sean
07-03-2004, 09:55 PM
I signed up for one and never made an entry. I just don't the desire to keep it updated.

GSLeloo
07-03-2004, 09:57 PM
I have a LJ that a friend made me write and I like it cause now the people I liked in high school have ones and we can stay connected.

Wolfmage
07-07-2004, 02:58 PM
I have a LJ. However, since I think most of the stuff I post would be of interest to the people on my friends list, I have it set up for friends to be able to view only. It's not as if I have anything to hide...hell, the skeletons in my closet are so loud, I wouldn't be able to keep a secret anyway. Makes for an awful racket when trying to sleep, though...

Czeska
07-07-2004, 03:54 PM
GAH HARMNONE!

You never told me there were pagans here.....

Red Devil
07-07-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Mistomeer
Livejournals are dumb.
AGREED