PDA

View Full Version : Forging Questions

nocturnix
05-29-2012, 09:10 AM
I am considering to start forging. I read the kraki article and could not see anywhere that level affects success of forging, or limits progression of the forging skill.

The reason I ask, is I would imagine to create a forging alt just for the purposes of forging. Any ideas on this? Obviously I wouldn't level him unless I had to.

Nephelem
05-29-2012, 09:29 AM
Level has no effect directly on forging. Having said that there are considerations involving level, mostly centered around your stats. You need to make enough levels to allow all forging related stats to reach 100s. You also might need levels for things like surge of strength. Assembling +40 to each relevant stat with enhancives would also be tough at too low of a level. Seems to me the sweet spot is around level 30 or so. You will make most around 20 levels just mastering the first few forging skills so it is really not much more past that.

nocturnix
05-29-2012, 09:33 AM
Level has no effect directly on forging. Having said that there are considerations involving level, mostly centered around your stats. You need to make enough levels to allow all forging related stats to reach 100s. You also might need levels for things like surge of strength. Assembling +40 to each relevant stat with enhancives would also be tough at too low of a level. Seems to me the sweet spot is around level 30 or so. You will make most around 20 levels just mastering the first few forging skills so it is really not much more past that.

OK thanks, so maybe it would make sense to at least level up my forger to 20 during the 30 day period. Was planning to max out relevant stats just for forging purposes anyways.