PDA

View Full Version : Windows Fax & Scan

Androidpk
05-21-2012, 03:56 PM
Could someone explain to me how to set this up so I can send a fax? Or possibly recommend a free service? Trying to send out 1 fax with a picture but this shit is all greek to me.

Bhaalizmo
05-21-2012, 04:10 PM
Click the Start button , click All Programs, and then click Windows Fax and Scan.

To use Fax view, at the bottom of the left pane, click Fax.

On the toolbar, click New Fax.

Using the options provided in the New Fax window, create a new fax, and then click Send.

Androidpk
05-21-2012, 04:15 PM
It says I need to set up a fax server, and that's the part that I'm lost at.

Back
05-21-2012, 04:21 PM
Don't forget to wash your hands before handling any paper. You don't want eye liner smudges from wiping your eyes crying like a little bitch.

Bhaalizmo
05-21-2012, 04:25 PM
It says I need to set up a fax server, and that's the part that I'm lost at.

Yeah if you don't have a phone line connected to a modem in your computer, or have an external fax server you want to use... Windows Fax & Scan may not be for you.

Check out efax.com or faxzero.com

Androidpk
05-21-2012, 08:33 PM
Went with pamfax.biz and that worked fine. I'm still surprised people bother using faxes these days, I don't see the point in it.

Bhaalizmo
05-21-2012, 09:18 PM
Went with pamfax.biz and that worked fine. I'm still surprised people bother using faxes these days, I don't see the point in it.

Yeah it always feels like having to find an 8 track player or a betamax when I have to fax something.

Even worse. When someone makes you print the doc, sign it, and then use a fax or scanner to get it back to them. In this day and age... feels like writing a letter. By hand. And mailing it.

Androidpk
05-21-2012, 09:21 PM
Yeah it always feels like having to find an 8 track player or a betamax when I have to fax something.

Even worse. When someone makes you print the doc, sign it, and then use a fax or scanner to get it back to them. In this day and age... feels like writing a letter. By hand. And mailing it.

Is there a reason why it's still in use? I had to send a picture of my VA medical card to the insurance company, figured the dude was just trying to give me a hard time.

Bhaalizmo
05-21-2012, 09:40 PM
Is there a reason why it's still in use? I had to send a picture of my VA medical card to the insurance company, figured the dude was just trying to give me a hard time.

Fax is still in use because of businesses and government entities neglecting to upgrade their technology. Lots of county, state, and federal government entities still require fax. Luckily the DMV has been upgraded in most states, but just try paying a fine with a credit / debit card at your local court office. Cashier's check or cash only.

Asile
05-21-2012, 10:59 PM

We're lucky most of our employees can clock in on a computer; I actually had a manager tell me that he's got a mechanic (REAL old-timer) that can't even do this and the manager enters the guy's time for him. When I tell people they can scan the documents (doctors' notes, legal paperwork) and email them to me, or fax them in.. 49 times of 50 I get the fax.