PDA

View Full Version : Thank You GMs Cyr, Stealth, Sirina, and GH KSomething

Bobmuhthol
07-01-2004, 11:07 AM
Last night, Sergey was having trouble with my stocks script, which happens to work fine for me. I logged on to Warcliadhm to get arrested and test it again, and while in stocks was pulled into the consultation lounge by Stealth. Warcliadhm was level 7 and existed for a while, but I still had to rename because Stealth "never saw my name before." GM Sirina was there, too, because I had to send a report since it still acted like I was in the stocks when I was in the rename pavilion.

That's fine, I can live with renaming Warcliadhm and making a serious character. I almost never make a character with my own name, but the ones from the character manager. I went through a few suggestions until I saw Slayerjrerdynn. Now that is a good name, so I took it and rerolled because I wanted a bard instead of a sorcerer. While rerolling, I actually made a typo so the name became Slayerjrerynn, but I'm okay with that.

So now I have a cool name and a potentially cool character. It's all good. Until I get a SEND from Cyr telling me to change my name because it has a phrase in it. My name changed from Slayerjrerynn to Slainninroy (also from the CM), and it's perfectly acceptable. I didn't realize Slayer was a phrase (it's a word, first of all) and Slain wasn't.

Assist time! And what do I get? "I can't help you, you need to write to feedback." I don't want to take the time to write to feedback when my name shouldn't have been changed at all. It's not my fault they hired Cyr.

They can fuck off.

Edaarin
07-01-2004, 11:12 AM
How about creating a character with a name that doesn't blow monkey spunk.

Bobmuhthol
07-01-2004, 11:13 AM
Says Edaarin and Edarin.

Edaarin
07-01-2004, 11:14 AM
Edarin's hardly been played in the last year, STFU

Wezas
07-01-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
Says Edaarin and Edarin.

pwned.

(and I'll do a preemptive pwn on myself for Wezas, Zezas, & Xezas)

Parkbandit
07-01-2004, 11:41 AM
Bitch and moan because the GMs are finally stopping people from using stupid names.

Warcliadhm was stupid (but funny) but Slainninroy is simply stupid.

Fight a fight worth fighting.. this one certainly isn't.

Bobmuhthol
07-01-2004, 11:46 AM
WTF? Yeah, fine, rename Warcliadhm. But when I take a name they suggest (and I like), why do I get renamed an hour later? I wish they fucking would rename Slaininnroy, because that would be fair. But to rename Slayerjrerynn and say "Oh Slaininnroy is a good name!!!111" makes them dumb. Multiple people on PsiNet reported Bonar as offensive and Cyr was like, "You may not like the name, but there's nothing wrong with it," so don't get your hopes up about them getting rid of bad names.

DeV
07-01-2004, 11:50 AM
I asked the GM's if I could rename my character when he was around level 6, but they wouldn't let me. Consider yourself lucky Bob.

Wezas
07-01-2004, 11:51 AM
Yeah, keep picking screwed up names, Bob. Then as you slowly gain levels, you can kill whomever you want and in a week or so they won't know you've changed names.

Kadumi
07-01-2004, 11:52 AM
doesn't the name generator tell you that not all the results are acceptable?

Soulpieced
07-01-2004, 11:54 AM
Bonar, LOL.

Parkbandit
07-01-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Kadumi
doesn't the name generator tell you that not all the results are acceptable?

Yes, yes it does.

Seriously Bob.. you are smarter than this. Let it go and move on.

Skirmisher
07-01-2004, 12:09 PM
Yes, that's nothing new. Its had the dislaimer on there for as long as I can remember.

I agree there are other crappy names. But using that as an excuse for you having one is like the person complaining about being caught speeding and pointing to everyone else.

Maybe the others are wrong too, but you got caught, change it and move on.

No biggie really, save your leeway for when you really need it Bob.

theotherjohn
07-01-2004, 12:18 PM
They found a way to fuck with you because of all the shit you do with Shay.

They will stop when they are bored so just do something else for now

StrayRogue
07-01-2004, 12:34 PM
I love your command of English Bob, lol.

07-01-2004, 01:45 PM
Um..

You can't have words in your name???

WTF, for example, is Hunterleigh doing with a name like hers, since it of course, has a word in it?

Bull-shit I say.

Artha
07-01-2004, 01:46 PM
She's a GM. They don't count. They're OOC, and should have OOC names.

Bobmuhthol
07-01-2004, 01:54 PM
<<but you got caught>>

Caught doing what, exactly? How is Slayerjrerynn not acceptable, yet Bonar, Slainninroy, Edwardbunyon, and countless others are? There's nothing wrong with the name.

07-01-2004, 01:55 PM
If I see a GM being OOC in a crowd bigger than 2 people (including the GM) I will cuss the fucking shit out of them.., with the swear verb.

Atlanteax
07-01-2004, 01:58 PM
<<but you got caught>>

Caught doing what, exactly? How is Slayerjrerynn not acceptable, yet Bonar, Slainninroy, Edwardbunyon, and countless others are? There's nothing wrong with the name.

Don't be such a...

:baby:

DeV
07-01-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Stanley Burrell
If I see a GM being OOC in a crowd bigger than 2 people (including the GM) I will cuss the fucking shit out of them.., with the swear verb. Is this something you see very often?

Bobmuhthol
07-01-2004, 02:01 PM
Hey, Atlanteax, shut the fuck up. I can't fucking wait to make fun of you every time you post now, bitch.

Skirmisher
07-01-2004, 02:01 PM
Bob relax yourself i didnt say you stole some kids candy.

I said you got caught with a crappy name and may not exactly be a GM favorite.

Like I said it really isnt a big deal...and it wasnt some great name either.

Bobmuhthol
07-01-2004, 02:02 PM
(13:53:16) Rachel Pwnz: Every day I'm even more shocked by how dumb people are.
(13:53:23) Rachel Pwnz: According to Skirmisher, "I got caught."
(13:53:24) Rachel Pwnz: OH SNAP.
(13:53:25) WTFL0LSTFU: lolz
(13:53:50) Rachel Pwnz: Which reminds me of 4th grade where the teachers were like, "You got caught.. BEING GOOD!!!"
(13:54:02) Rachel Pwnz: I apparently got caught WITH AN ACCEPTABLE NAME HOLY CRAP.
(13:54:15) WTFL0LSTFU: lolz

Hulkein
07-01-2004, 02:03 PM
lolz

07-01-2004, 02:11 PM
Is this something you see very often?

No. But I'd probably wtrick appraise them a couple of time. That really bothers the forces above, for, some, reason.

Parkbandit
07-01-2004, 02:14 PM
<<but you got caught>>

That stupidity would be equal to someone complaining : "OJ can kill people and get away with it.. why can't I!!"

Stealth > Bobmuhthol

Bobmuhthol
07-01-2004, 02:17 PM
What was I thinking? I'm sorry. I need to start acknowledging that the rules only apply to me and not the other thousands of people that play GemStone. Fuck, I'll shut up now. I'm so dumb.

theotherjohn
07-01-2004, 02:22 PM

How is Slayerjrerynn not acceptable, yet Bonar, Slainninroy, Edwardbunyon, and countless others are? There's nothing wrong with the name.

[/quote]

I have already told you the reason earlier.

Now I give you guidlelines

2. Names should not be phrases, nicknames or 'handles'

4. Names should not contain odd punctuation, numbers, or extra letters

Bobmuhthol
07-01-2004, 02:29 PM
It's not a phrase. It contains the word Slayer, but that doesn't mean anything to the name as a whole. Slainninroy would fall under the phrase category if Slayerjrerynn does, and Slainninroy happens to be acceptable.

Parkbandit
07-01-2004, 03:11 PM
Slayer can be a verb..

Slayer: v - To kill violently.

"Bobmuhthol, the slayer of roltons"

While I believe it to be a gray area.. it's a stupid name and thus a stupid argument.

Like I said.. save your energy for the good fight.

LordSagan
07-01-2004, 04:20 PM
You're not dumb.

You're simply a child.

Let the child throw his temper tantrum...

HarmNone
07-01-2004, 04:33 PM
I seem to remember something about a requirement that a name be possible to pronounce. Slayerjrerynn is not really pronounceable because of the "j". Without the "j", it should be fine. Of course, there is the problem of all the names that already exist that are not pronounceable but are not changed because they've been around for awhile. :rolleyes:

In honesty, the fact that it can't be pronounced is the problem I see with the name. I'd guess that's what Cyr was going on. It's just hard to make a case for that when others are allowed to exist just because they were already there. It's sorta like the argument you hear from people who complain that their name is rejected when Waldo2 roams the lands. Do it or don't do it, dammit.

HarmNone

Bobmuhthol
07-01-2004, 04:43 PM
I can pronounce it just fine.

<<I'd guess that's what Cyr was going on.>>

Wrong. He said the name was a phrase.

[Edited on 7-1-2004 by Bobmuhthol]

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-01-2004, 04:47 PM
Cry about it why don't you.

Bobmuhthol
07-01-2004, 04:49 PM
Okay.

Atlanteax
07-01-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
Cry about it why don't you.

Again...

Don't be a :baby:

HarmNone
07-01-2004, 04:52 PM
I do not see the name as a phrase. While it is not something I would choose to pursue, you probably have a case for feedback if it's that important to you. I'd be interested to know what phrase Cyr is finding in that name. I guess J.R. Erynn or J. Rerynn could be a person, but I've never heard of either of 'em. ;)

HarmNone, not advocating the name but wondering about the reason given for disallowing it

Nieninque
07-01-2004, 04:54 PM
well shit...Bobs 3 names he mentioned there are undoubtably not particularly good names...ok they are shit...but there are much worse.

Be consistent folks. Get rid of the lame names, but get rid of all of them (Snowdrop is not included in that - because its not a lame name), dont pick and choose which you get rid of...there is at least one thread here about bad names, lets do a blitz!

AnticorRifling
07-01-2004, 04:55 PM
Snowdrop is lame, sorry.

Skirmisher
07-01-2004, 04:58 PM
Yeah, its not very good, but its better than the one Bob had.
:bouncy:

Nieninque
07-01-2004, 05:00 PM
Snowdrop is not lame!
It was thought out and in genre for the character
I dont care if you dont like it but its not lame.

and it has nothing to do with cats

Bobmuhthol
07-01-2004, 05:01 PM
Sorry for having characters with names suited for an RPG. I guess I'm full of mistakes today.

Cunts.

Artha
07-01-2004, 05:03 PM
Snowdrop is not lame!

Yes it is.

DianaBanana
07-01-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Artha

Snowdrop is not lame!

Yes it is.

Gotta agree with this one. :yes2:

Atlanteax
07-01-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by DianaBanana

Originally posted by Artha

Snowdrop is not lame!

Yes it is.

Gotta agree with this one. :yes2:

Maybe not lame if you're Lisa Simpson. :smug:

CrystalTears
07-01-2004, 05:45 PM
Bob, stop being insulting to people who happen to disagree with you. Be just a tad more mature than that, please. Thanks.

Incidentally, I wouldn't have allowed that name simply because, as HarmNone said, it's not pronouncable. It's an odd name and it's just painful to look at.

Nieninque
07-01-2004, 05:54 PM
Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not!

Bobmuhthol
07-01-2004, 05:56 PM
<<Bob, stop being insulting to people who happen to disagree with you.>>

Just telling it like it is.

And Atlanteax is FUCKING ILLITERATE/STUPID.

Artha
07-01-2004, 05:58 PM
Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not! Not!

If you were a cat, maybe.

Nieninque
07-01-2004, 06:22 PM
It's a stupid name for a cat.

Great name for a really pale sylvan that was born in the winter

Artha
07-01-2004, 06:23 PM
No. No it isn't.

CrystalTears
07-01-2004, 06:30 PM
Shouldn't this be in the bad names thread? :D

Jonty
07-01-2004, 06:33 PM
No, in the denial thread.

HarmNone
07-01-2004, 06:34 PM
<<Bob, stop being insulting to people who happen to disagree with you.>>

Just telling it like it is.

And Atlanteax is FUCKING ILLITERATE/STUPID.

Actually, you are telling it as you see it, not necessarily as it is, Bob. Everything is not, by default, as YOU see it.

You are also NOT the authority on who is, or is not, stupid. There might just be those here who find you pretty stupid, at times.

HarmNone

Bobmuhthol
07-01-2004, 06:54 PM
Fine. He's illiterate.

Hulkein
07-01-2004, 07:06 PM
How can you say Snowdrop is a good name?

It doesn't even makes sense. It's either a snowFLAKE or a rainDROP... I've never heard anyone ever refer to a snowflake as a snowdrop.

It's like naming yourself HailFlake or something just as odd.

GSLeloo
07-01-2004, 07:15 PM
Exactly, snow falls in flakes or clumps, not drops.

HarmNone
07-01-2004, 07:20 PM
Fine. He's illiterate.

What brings you to that conclusion, Bob? Might it be spelling errors? We all make those from time to time, wouldn't you say?:whistle:

Pallon
07-01-2004, 07:21 PM
A snowdrop is a white flower

Bobmuhthol
07-01-2004, 07:23 PM
<<Might it be spelling errors?>>

Or maybe his inability to read.

Atlanteax
07-01-2004, 07:23 PM
Fine. He's illiterate.

Just because it obviously gets on the nerves of the teenager known as Bob...

Bob = :baby:

Of course, this is not much of a use for my literary genius... :saint:

Bobmuhthol
07-01-2004, 07:24 PM
Inability to read.

Atlanteax
07-01-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Pallon

Maybe that was the RP angle that Nieninque had in mind for her character.

Not a bad thought if that was the intent...

GSLeloo
07-01-2004, 07:46 PM
You RP a flower?

Blazing247
07-01-2004, 07:49 PM
The game is littered with stupid names. Bonehitter, Starsnuffer, Waldo2, and the list goes on for miles. In fact, I'd say more names are stupid and OOC than aren't.

I think what's bothering Bob is that he had to reroll a character, yet I bet if I made Slayerwhatever right now they'd let me go through with it.

This is just another instance of the GM's discriminating and bending policy to fit their whim. It's either not against policy, or it is. There are no 'exceptions'.

Technically, a name doesn't have to be pronouncable to be against policy. In fact, many TRUE tolkien elven names aren't easily pronouncable. Ah well, pretty much GM's = the sux0r.

Hulkein
07-01-2004, 07:55 PM

Is it really?

Well I retract my statement about it not making sense...

It's still a dumb name though.

CrystalTears
07-01-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Blazing247
I think what's bothering Bob is that he had to reroll a character, yet I bet if I made Slayerwhatever right now they'd let me go through with it.

Go and test that theory then. I doubt you'd last long before it became a problem.

Sometimes the names go by unnoticed. Sometimes they don't see it until it gets reported and they think it over as to whether it's legit or not. But oh well. You can't please everyone's perception of what good names are. :shrug:

Pallon
07-01-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Hulkein

Is it really?

Well I retract my statement about it not making sense...

It's still a dumb name though.

Agreed.

Galleazzo
07-01-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin
How about creating a character with a name that doesn't blow monkey spunk. Man, that's better than what I was gonna say.

Betheny
07-01-2004, 10:42 PM
isn't Snowdrop the crusty shit y ou get in your pubes if you don't wipe up after jacking off?

SpunGirl
07-01-2004, 10:55 PM
We bitch when they let people get away with stupid names and now there's bitching about stopping a stupid name? Whatever. Pick one and stop whining.

If you don't agree with the GM about the acceptability of the name, it's hardly something to get this worked up over. I've seen far worse things happen in the game. It's hardly the end of the world.

-K

SpunGirl
07-01-2004, 10:56 PM
Also, add my vote to the "snowdrop is a dumb name" bin. Though it's no worse than Silversoft or Amberain.

-K

HarmNone
07-01-2004, 11:25 PM
And one hell of a lot better than Sweetsugars or Kittenkisses! :barf:

HarmNone

07-01-2004, 11:38 PM
Hammerrhead is a horrible name fuckers.

HarmNone
07-01-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Stanley Burrell
Hammerrhead is a horrible name fuckers.

Nobody is talking about you, or Hammerrhead, Stanley. This should not surprise you. You are singularly uninteresting. :)

HarmNone

Galleazzo
07-02-2004, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
We bitch when they let people get away with stupid names and now there's bitching about stopping a stupid name? Whatever. Pick one and stop whining.Aw, m'dear, yer missing something important. We only whine when the GMs LCI someone for a stupid name when it's US who got pwned.

SpunGirl
07-02-2004, 02:35 AM
You're right, G, how silly of me. Thanks for setting me straight.

-K

Nieninque
07-02-2004, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
Also, add my vote to the "snowdrop is a dumb name" bin. Though it's no worse than Silversoft or Amberain.

-K

It's actually better than them.
It has meaning, even if people miss it.

Snowdrop
Botanical: Galanthus nivalis (LINN.)
Family: N.O. Amaryllidaceae
---Synonyms---Fair Maid of February. Bulbous Violet.

[Edited on 2-7-04 by Nieninque]

jabst192
07-02-2004, 04:11 AM
PS they still suck at names "Dawnquishane" i reported and hunterleigh said it was funny and okay.

boo

Sean
07-02-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Blazing247

I agree with you that the game is littered with shitty names, but Bob didn't have to reroll. He chose to reroll.

Bobmuhthol
07-02-2004, 12:37 PM
<<but Bob didn't have to reroll. He chose to reroll.>>

Right, but I rerolled with the same name I had before. They made me change it twice.

Blazing247
07-02-2004, 11:00 PM
Heh, we'll have to test this theory. It could be that Bob has earned the title of a HMC/A. Let's both roll up a character with variations of the same name, and see if one/both of us get plugged into LCI.

[Edited on 7-3-2004 by Blazing247]

Bobmuhthol
07-03-2004, 12:51 AM
It's because I got reported for killing Lycain the day before. In a week, I'd probably be able to roll Slayerjrerynn again without a problem.

Blazing247
07-03-2004, 12:58 AM
<It's because I got reported for killing Lycain the day before. In a week, I'd probably be able to roll Slayerjrerynn again without a problem.>

You'd hope, at least, but not always. Some GM's hold grudges for a long time. I killed a GM's PC many, many years ago and I was preyed on by him until he was fired. Not surprisingly, it was this GM who also issued my year long ban for unwarranted PvP on another not two months later. And no, it wasn't unwarranted. Give it a week and let me know what happens.

Bobmuhthol
07-03-2004, 01:01 AM
rofl, Kyalia gave me an official warning for unwarranted PvP, same situation. Ten minutes AFTER the warning is issued, I get pulled and have to sit there reading policy and talking to her for a good 45 minutes.

Blazing247
07-03-2004, 01:05 AM
Hah, you got PWN'd by a CE GM.

SpunGirl
07-07-2004, 09:48 PM
Haha, someone should make Kyalia read policy!!! Like... policy regarding alterations that are/are not allowed, policy regarding saying OOC things out loud...

Dayum. That's some fucked up stuff right there.

-K

100% Wool
07-07-2004, 10:35 PM
rofl did anyone read the posts on the official boards about how Kyalia is a professional interior designer and how she takes into consideration of every alter....etc..etc...rofl

You can find it in the events/ dhu gully whack folder

07-07-2004, 11:43 PM
I'm going to make the most unrealistic alter, added to those I already have, and give that broad some interior decoration traumatization.

How dare someone have the ovaries to actually spend time judging an alter for what it is, shit.

Nieninque
07-08-2004, 08:38 AM
:heart: Kyalia

DianaBanana
07-08-2004, 10:20 AM
I always liked Kyalia because she would make things not normally allowed. At the same time though, she has turned down ideas right after doing something that was against policy.

So, going to her with an idea was usually a crapshoot but worth a try.

SpunGirl
07-08-2004, 06:04 PM
Seriously.... she's the only GM that I have to wonder WHYWHYWHY they continue to allow to do alteration merchants. Let's take Bindi, for example. Yes, I know everyone loved Bindi, but I myself did not care to sit in a room full of people and listen to things like,

Bindi exclaims, "That's not 15/15/15 hun! Let's try again!" or

Bindi says, "If we do it like that it'll end up looking weird on the ground or in a backpack, let's get those characters down a bit."

I mean, honestly. I don't think GMs should be IC when they're in their GM personas, because GMs are OOC, but when they're a merchant !?!? I've been to dozens of merchants and all of them, with the exception of Kyalia's merchants, discuss OOC things in whispers.

The fact that she pwned Bob's name as being inappropriate is just irony at its best.

-K

Nieninque
07-08-2004, 07:17 PM
I have never seen her like that. Not saying she doesnt or hasnt been, but just I havent seen her be anything other than cool.

Also, Devishal broke his warn interact with me and then tried it again which I ignored. He reported me before I killed him and Kyalia watched me twice kill him without calling me on it.

When she eventually pulled me up for a chat ( for killing soffia, which was wrong) she told me to she had let as much go as she could...and that she hated the way he uses warn as a tool to be a twat.

Her Merchants that I have come across have been great too. She is beyond cool in my book.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Artha
07-08-2004, 07:27 PM
Kyalia's ok, but her merchants suck. She'll do just about anything, and she's pretty openly OOC. The best thing is that she'll do (or did, on the Dhu) as many people as she could, which is really cool.

Drinin
07-08-2004, 07:59 PM
Yah, she's very OOC, but it doesn't bother me. Hell, she was talking about taking her kids camping during the last run of the Dhu.

Bobmuhthol
07-08-2004, 08:00 PM
<<The fact that she pwned Bob's name as being inappropriate is just irony at its best.>>

She didn't. You obviously suck at reading the title of this thread.

SpunGirl
07-08-2004, 11:02 PM
rofl, Kyalia gave me an official warning for unwarranted PvP, same situation. Ten minutes AFTER the warning is issued, I get pulled and have to sit there reading policy and talking to her for a good 45 minutes.

That's what I meant. That she made you read policy.

Whatever.

-K

SpunGirl
07-08-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Drinin
Yah, she's very OOC, but it doesn't bother me. Hell, she was talking about taking her kids camping during the last run of the Dhu.

Are you fucking kidding me? See, these are the merchants who make it difficult for merchants who actually DO RP. People come to expect this kind of garbage, and then you get someone who actually RPs someone with a personality, and the reaction is a bunch of whiny-ass crybabies who would rather have 23948209348 things altered into pulsating glory sticks than an actual RPed interaction. Roleplaying, what a novel fucking idea.

-K

[Edited on 7-9-2004 by SpunGirl]