PDA

View Full Version : Thread for those "learn the hard way" moments

Luftstreitkräfte
05-10-2012, 11:56 AM
My mother always told me to check the tag when I iron clothes. Today I melted a $50 shirt (apparently it's dry clean only, oops, didn't check the tag)

My example is boring but it prompted this idea, so here goes:

What is your latest "learned the hard way" moment?

Please don't post anything too personal, like a married man saying "too much hookers and blow, have an STD now, doh!"

Looking forward to some interesting responses, or perhaps "posted thread, it died in 3 days, got 7 red reputation comments, back to lurking. Learned the hard way!"

Update: 3 so far, can you pledge 4 more red rep comments to support future public broadcasting? With your pledge we will ship you this top of the line snow globe with a miniature Eiffel tower. Who could resist?

Update 2: For the haters..

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p525/vonshroeder/callout.jpg

Mighty Nikkisaurus
05-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Screw your rules.

It doesn't matter what a stripper tells you- there is no sex in the champagne room, none.

Liagala
05-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Shin vs desk is not a fair contest. Desks fight dirty.

Allereli
05-10-2012, 02:41 PM
when setting up Windows, leaving a blank administrator password will disable the administrator account, not give you an easy way into the computer when things go wrong.

Drunken Durfin
05-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Screw your rules.

It doesn't matter what a stripper tells you- there is no sex in the champagne room, none.

Lies. I got a really nice blow job in the champagne room at a club in Dallas, TX and she told me for $300 she would climb on board.

Bhaalizmo
05-10-2012, 05:51 PM

It happens. Especially if you haz coke.

Delias
05-10-2012, 06:41 PM
I learned the hard way that I really don't want to earn 14 bucks the hard way.

Luftstreitkräfte
05-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Speaking of learning the hard way..

http://www.esreality.com/files/placeimages/2011/83686-cocaine%20is%20hell%20of%20a%20drug.gif

Tisket
05-11-2012, 01:45 AM
My "learn the hard way" episodes are legion. Is there really any other method of education?

My most recent turned out okay so not sure it counts: I was loading the car at the grocery store and I set my purse on the trunk, finished loading my groceries, put the cart in the cart parking thing, and proceeded to drive off with the purse still on the trunk. Luckily the parking lot had a lot of people in it and a nice man waved his arms and got my attention before I lost the purse. I tried to give him some cash but he wouldn't take it.

Tisket
05-11-2012, 01:56 AM
Also I learned not to make eye contact with Rojo. If you do she breaks out the Youtube links and starts talking like SB (on one of his unintelligible days.)

Stanley Burrell
05-11-2012, 05:27 AM
I learned that on my less intelligible days, don't try and get everyone in the entire department food from the drive-thru to try and pretend to be nice as an excuse as balking out of morning work. All the world is a blur and you don't understand why people are upset you ordered the lobster bisque and Twizzlers from Dunkin Donuts.

Still trying to figure that one out myself.

Delias
05-11-2012, 10:38 AM
I learned that on my less intelligible days, don't try and get everyone in the entire department food from the drive-thru to try and pretend to be nice as an excuse as balking out of morning work. All the world is a blur and you don't understand why people are upset you ordered the lobster bisque and Twizzlers from Dunkin Donuts.

Still trying to figure that one out myself.

I'm telling ya man, start your drinking after work and not before,