PDA

View Full Version : Help with 1106/Healer Hybrid by Cap

MMA RLZ
05-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Current Skills:

XXXXXXXX (at level 28), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 20 4
Physical Fitness...................| 156 56
Arcane Symbols.....................| 114 28
Magic Item Use.....................| 114 28
Harness Power......................| 156 56
Mental Mana Control................| 114 28
Spirit Mana Control................| 114 28
Mental Lore - Transformation.......| 114 28
Climbing...........................| 40 8
Swimming...........................| 40 8
First Aid..........................| 156 56

Spell Lists
Major Spirit.......................| 25

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 9

Spell Lists
Empath.............................| 35

Training Plan:

The goal is to make a 1106 Empath that is entirely survivable on his own but can be a Healer for my other characters. I'm thinking about dropping FA and PF to 1x and picking up some more Empath spells. Could anyone help me out here? I'm trying to get an idea of what I'll need by cap. My current thoughts:

| Bonus Ranks
Physical Fitness...................| 201 101
Arcane Symbols.....................| 150 50
Magic Item Use.....................| 150 50
Harness Power......................| 201 101
Mental Mana Control................| 201 101
Spirit Mana Control................| 201 101
Mental Lore - Transformation.......| 160 60
Mental Lore - Manipulation.........| 201 101
Perception..........................| 150 50
Climbing...........................| 130 30
Swimming...........................| 150 50
First Aid..........................| 201 101

Spell Lists
Major Spirit.......................| 50+

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 50+

Spell Lists
Empath.............................| 100+

I also hope to pick up some Blessing Lore for Trolls Blood and Manna, and eventually Spell Aim. Questions or comments? Thanks!

Kitsun
05-09-2012, 02:50 PM
It is pretty cheap to 2x PT and fairly worthwhile for the maneuver protection.

You don't need both MMC and SMC to 1x if you don't want it. Some empaths even get by with 30 ranks in each.

Do you actually use magic items and scrolls? If not you can drop those down as well.

Looks fine otherwise.

MMA RLZ
05-09-2012, 03:07 PM
What do you suggest getting MMC and SMC to by cap? And why?

And no, I don't plan on really using much of either MIU or AS. Is 40 total for each going to cut it?

Kitsun
05-09-2012, 03:12 PM
All those answers really depend on how much you will use the skills. 24 in each will allow you to share with anyone else with 24 ranks in MMC and SMC. 30 in each will give you the +1 boost to mana return.

If you don't use any wands or scrolls, you can cut them out completely.

khorpulent
05-09-2012, 03:19 PM
MMC does affect 1106, though I don't know how exactly. KP just says it "plays a significant role". Anyone know exactly what that role is?

Also, it looks like you're using a runestaff. At 0/2 the MIU and AS are both pretty cheap spells for boosting runestaff defense.

And in the spiritual circles, is it really necessary to go beyond 140/240? You could trade those in for empath ranks for a bit more CS.

Beguiler
05-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Yeah, for runestaff defense you're going to need minimun 8 ranks of magical skills...

1x as
1x miu
1x mmc
1x smc
1x hp
1x mlm
.6x mlt
2x spells

give you 8.6 ranks for runestaff.

Jace Solo
05-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Mana controls effect mana regen in the form of +1 per 10 for primary and +1 per 20 for secondary. My empath has 40 MMC for help with boneshatter. I plan on having 24 Spiritual and maybe 24 Elem eventually and would end up with 60 or so MMC to round out a 1x in controls. This would also return me +8 mana regen per pulse.

You may also find that you want spell aiming. I've been using just 1106 for most hunting but there are a lot of mobs that you can't hunt because of that. At 45 I'm only going to be losing 10 CS to pick up 2x SA..completely worth it to me.

khorpulent
05-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Yeah, I think SA is totally worth it. Relying solely on 1106/1115 is way too limiting -- especially in areas with a fairly heterogeneous mix of creatures.

On top of that, 1110 is pretty badass (against living stuff at any rate). Hard to pass up a fairly hard-hitting bolt spell that also gives multiple warding checks, and only for 10 mana. Plus, it gives your transformation lore some additional use.

And if you're in sunfist (which you probably should be as an empath), your bolts can be HCW against hated foes.

You can use wizard wands too.

Luftstreitkräfte
05-10-2012, 06:34 AM
I heal my alts during resting, and I have not trained in any lores to speed up healing. I rigged up this very poorly designed script but it serves the function of dropping off my boxes, eating mana bread, visiting the bank after hunting, and then once my mana has recovered a bit, healing my allies. It's nice because it lets you rest down a little before healing so you can stay fried on the node longer. I'm sure someone with some basic programming skills could greatly improve it. Note, you must run "waggle" first for this to work, otherwise just take out the first waitfor line entirely.

waitfor "[waggle: done]"
fput "get my strongbox"
fput "drop my strongbox"
sleep 1
fput "get my box"
fput "drop my box"
sleep 1
fput "get my coffer"
fput "drop my coffer"
sleep 1
fput "get my trunk"
fput "drop my trunk"
sleep 1
fput "get my chest"
fput "drop my chest"
sleep 1
fput "get my strongbox"
fput "drop my strongbox"
sleep 1
fput "get my box"
fput "drop my box"
sleep 1
fput "get my coffer"
fput "drop my coffer"
sleep 1
fput "get my trunk"
fput "drop my trunk"
sleep 1
fput "get my chest"
fput "drop my chest"
sleep 1
start_script "go2", ['bank']
sleep 2
fput "depo all"
start_script "go2", ['restingroom']
sleep 5
start_script "go2", ['restingroom']
sleep 30
fput "sit"
wait_until {checkmana >=3}
fput "prep 203"
fput "cast"
pause 2
fput "gob my cak"
fput "gob my bread"
fput "gob my loaf"
pause 2
fput "gob my cak"
fput "gob my bread"
fput "gob my loaf"
pause 2
fput "gob my cak"
fput "gob my bread"
fput "gob my loaf"
pause 2
start_script "shattered_empath"
sleep 180
stop_script "shattered_empath"
sleep 3
wait_until {checkmana >=9}
fput "prep 202"
sleep 1
fput "cast at friend1"
fput "cast at friend2"
sleep 1
fput "cast"
sleep 3
fput "prep 204"
sleep 4
fput "cast at friend1"
fput "cast at friend2"
sleep 1
fput "cast"
sleep 4
fput "prep 103"
fput "cast at friend1"
fput "cast at friend2"
sleep 1
fput "cast"

Ugly, I know. But it works.

PeppyLePew (at level 45), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
| Bonus Ranks
Combat Maneuvers...................| 120 30
Physical Fitness...................| 192 92
Arcane Symbols.....................| 146 46
Magic Item Use.....................| 146 46
Harness Power......................| 146 46
Mental Mana Control................| 192 92
Spirit Mana Control................| 111 27
Mental Lore - Manipulation.........| 162 62
Perception.........................| 145 45
Climbing...........................| 78 17

Spell Lists
Major Spirit.......................| 19

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 7

Spell Lists
Empath.............................| 68

PeppyLePew, your Combat Maneuver training is as follows:

Skill name Mnemonic Ranks
Disarm Weapon disarm 2
Cunning Defense cdefense 3

Strength (STR): 92 (26) ... 92 (26)
Constitution (CON): 85 (17) ... 85 (17)
Dexterity (DEX): 91 (20) ... 91 (20)
Agility (AGI): 91 (20) ... 91 (20)
Discipline (DIS): 76 (13) ... 76 (13)
Aura (AUR): 86 (18) ... 86 (18)
Logic (LOG): 82 (21) ... 82 (21)
Intuition (INT): 85 (22) ... 85 (22)
Wisdom (WIS): 71 (10) ... 71 (10)
Influence (INF): 69 (9) ... 69 (9)

My advice is to focus on 1106 if you know the right hunting areas to transition into. Having the right MMC and lores will speed up your hunts by giving you more damage on each cast. Lores also increase your chance for an instant kill. Don't waste TPs speeding up healing because you can just heal while you're absorbing exp anyway. Make sure to set up shattered_empath so it will "stop healing others when fried," and make sure you DON'T click "heal everyone!" as to not bother others resting in your node who may not wish healing. Also, keeping 1125 running during your rest will heal off wounds and scars to aid in wound recovery before the next hunt. The best thing is, if you happen to start your hunt with a bunch of scars left over from the healing, you can still cast 1100s spells. Keep this in mind, because you can hunt with a bunch of head / hand / nerve wounds with 1106, but not with 111.

End note: I am open to suggestions on my build, this is my first empath as well. I only did 1x HP because my healer is in CoL and I have a vibe flaring runestaff. Mana is never an issue.

ashronsjunky
05-20-2012, 12:17 PM
Here is my Hybrid training build... I was a pure 1106 caster prior to the skill set i have right now. I was skilled for max damage and crit using only 1106. I then decided to fix skill into pure healing. (so i can be lazy in town and fry my head in no time and just be a lazy ass exp sponge) After a while though that gets extremely boring. So i came up with this Hybrid empath build im waiting to try. (Waiting for fixskills to implement it) It is based for balance between healing and 1106 casting..

Karlite (at level 65), your base skill bonuses, ranks and goals are:
Skill Name | Actual Actual
| Bonus Ranks Goals In-Game Time to Goal
Armor Use..........................| 130 35 35
Physical Fitness...................| 165 65 65
Magic Item Use.....................| 58 12 12
Harness Power......................| 172 72 80 ASAP (will rise when points are available)
Mental Mana Control................| 141 41 65 ASAP (will rise when points are available)
Spirit Mana Control................| 162 62.534 24 18 days, 3 hours, 7 minutes
Spiritual Lore - Blessings.........| 231 131.384 67 150 days, 6 hours, 54 minutes
Mental Lore - Manipulation.........| 0 0 67 ASAP (will rise when points are available)
Mental Lore - Transformation.......| 231 131.384 67 150 days, 6 hours, 54 minutes
Perception.........................| 120 30 33 ASAP (will rise when points are available)
Climbing...........................| 150 50 50
Swimming...........................| 150 50 50
First Aid..........................| 208 108.975 50 13 days, 1 hour, 1 minute

Spell Lists
Major Spirit.......................| 25 30 ASAP (will rise when points are available)

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 30 35 ASAP (will rise when points are available)

Spell Lists
Empath.............................| 64 85 ASAP (will rise when points are available)

Explanation on the training...

Armor use- 35 ranks of armor use for wearing FGB 7% hindrance isn't bad when your using only 6 mana per spell and have a 200+ mana pool

Physicle Fitness- im gonna start off with 1x per. i might go 2x per just for the help on maneuvers. Hopeing that the HCW of the FGB should pull the slack. If not ill prob 2x it cause its cheap..

Magic Item Use- im gonna train this to 50 for statue, wand magic item spellup items. 50 ranks should cover the majority of items

Harness Power- dump all you can in it cause mana is everything!

Mental mana control- Now i will have 85 ranks in this reason being that MMC "plays a significant roll" on the spell 1106 according to krakii. It doesnt explain how but i have reason to believe that it helps with the infusing of extra mana into the spell for higher damage when channeled. And besides mental being your main mana supply... You gain significantly more mana per pulse to make the hunting trip last longer.

Spirit mana control- i put 24 ranks here to share mana with my ranger and wizard for spell ups

Spiritual lore Blessings- Im going for 1x+ in this cause blessing assists in healing the scars under wounds when healing down. This results in less mana spent healing down and if I dont feel like hunting and want to sit in TSC and heal, Im not dealing with large scar RT's Ill probably stop around 120 ranks for the lore needed for organ Type 3 scars if i do more than 1x per level. Also helps with trolls blood.

Spirit lore manipulation- This skill is your instant death crit skills. I am only doing 1x+ in this only because the stuff i pick to hunt i have a 50-100+ CS over their TD so hitting them isnt a struggle. Training in this just gives me a better chance at a instant death which in turns saves mana. But i also feel shouldnt be a dependent due to low mana cost of the spell and high mana pool.

Mental lore transformation- 1x or so in this also again this is a hybrid build and it reduces the RT of healing down wounds and scars and gives me the option to TSC heal when i dont feel like hunting..

Perception- max out at 50 ranks. Aids in finding passage ways, hidden people, ect...

Climbing and swimming- Max at 50 to help climb GY gate, getting to stronghold, darkstone, ect...

First aid- 1x in this to assist with skinning for bounties and herb eating when you dont want to waste the mana to heal down

Spell circles- for empath circle im going to keep trained 20 spells above level. for max CS with out over doing it. For my Minor and Major spirit im going to 1x one per level and 2x the other and switch between em each level.

So thats an explanation to what i have up to now. Here is the skills im going to train into later on when the skills im gonna max out early raches their max point...

Arcane symbols -50 to read all spells on scrolls and get into broken lands ect..

Spell aiming- 2x bolt spells to attack critters without bones like insect type critters and undead ghost type

Thats about it! with today being fixskill im eager to try out this new hybrid build and see how it works. If i can remember ill post progress and tweeks on it as i test it out the next few weeks.

ashronsjunky
05-20-2012, 12:56 PM
Here is my Hybrid training build... I was a pure 1106 caster prior to the skill set i have right now. I was skilled for max damage and crit using only 1106. I then decided to fix skill into pure healing. (so i can be lazy in town and fry my head in no time and just be a lazy ass exp sponge) After a while though that gets extremely boring. So i came up with this Hybrid empath build im waiting to try. (Waiting for fixskills to implement it) It is based for balance between healing and 1106 casting..

Karlite (at level 65), your base skill bonuses, ranks and goals are:
Skill Name | Actual Actual
| Bonus Ranks Goals In-Game Time to Goal
Armor Use..........................| 130 35 35
Physical Fitness...................| 165 65 65
Magic Item Use.....................| 58 12 12
Harness Power......................| 172 72 80 ASAP (will rise when points are available)
Mental Mana Control................| 141 41 65 ASAP (will rise when points are available)
Spirit Mana Control................| 162 62.534 24 18 days, 3 hours, 7 minutes
Spiritual Lore - Blessings.........| 231 131.384 67 150 days, 6 hours, 54 minutes
Mental Lore - Manipulation.........| 0 0 67 ASAP (will rise when points are available)
Mental Lore - Transformation.......| 231 131.384 67 150 days, 6 hours, 54 minutes
Perception.........................| 120 30 33 ASAP (will rise when points are available)
Climbing...........................| 150 50 50
Swimming...........................| 150 50 50
First Aid..........................| 208 108.975 50 13 days, 1 hour, 1 minute

Spell Lists
Major Spirit.......................| 25 30 ASAP (will rise when points are available)

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 30 35 ASAP (will rise when points are available)

Spell Lists
Empath.............................| 64 85 ASAP (will rise when points are available)

Explanation on the training...

Armor use- 35 ranks of armor use for wearing FGB 7% hindrance isn't bad when your using only 6 mana per spell and have a 200+ mana pool

Physicle Fitness- im gonna start off with 1x per. i might go 2x per just for the help on maneuvers. Hopeing that the HCW of the FGB should pull the slack. If not ill prob 2x it cause its cheap..

Magic Item Use- im gonna train this to 50 for statue, wand magic item spellup items. 50 ranks should cover the majority of items

Harness Power- dump all you can in it cause mana is everything!

Mental mana control- Now i will have 85 ranks in this reason being that MMC "plays a significant roll" on the spell 1106 according to krakii. It doesnt explain how but i have reason to believe that it helps with the infusing of extra mana into the spell for higher damage when channeled. And besides mental being your main mana supply... You gain significantly more mana per pulse to make the hunting trip last longer.

Spirit mana control- i put 24 ranks here to share mana with my ranger and wizard for spell ups

Spiritual lore Blessings- Im going for 1x+ in this cause blessing assists in healing the scars under wounds when healing down. This results in less mana spent healing down and if I dont feel like hunting and want to sit in TSC and heal, Im not dealing with large scar RT's Ill probably stop around 120 ranks for the lore needed for organ Type 3 scars if i do more than 1x per level. Also helps with trolls blood.

Spirit lore manipulation- This skill is your instant death crit skills. I am only doing 1x+ in this only because the stuff i pick to hunt i have a 50-100+ CS over their TD so hitting them isnt a struggle. Training in this just gives me a better chance at a instant death which in turns saves mana. But i also feel shouldnt be a dependent due to low mana cost of the spell and high mana pool.

Mental lore transformation- 1x or so in this also again this is a hybrid build and it reduces the RT of healing down wounds and scars and gives me the option to TSC heal when i dont feel like hunting..

Perception- max out at 50 ranks. Aids in finding passage ways, hidden people, ect...

Climbing and swimming- Max at 50 to help climb GY gate, getting to stronghold, darkstone, ect...

First aid- 1x in this to assist with skinning for bounties and herb eating when you dont want to waste the mana to heal down

Spell circles- for empath circle im going to keep trained 20 spells above level. for max CS with out over doing it. For my Minor and Major spirit im going to 1x one per level and 2x the other and switch between em each level.

So thats an explanation to what i have up to now. Here is the skills im going to train into later on when the skills im gonna max out early raches their max point...

Arcane symbols -50 to read all spells on scrolls and get into broken lands ect..

Spell aiming- 2x bolt spells to attack critters without bones like insect type critters and undead ghost type

Thats about it! with today being fixskill im eager to try out this new hybrid build and see how it works. If i can remember ill post progress and tweeks on it as i test it out the next few weeks.

Well i just used my fix skills and did two hunts. My CS went from a 303 to a 322. Im frying off troll kings at about 300-350 mana. Im hunting them in guarded so i havent seen much from the manipulation insta death yet. About once per 15 casts. Its more effective in a more offensive stance. So far very pleased with the hunting side of the build. Now im gonna try the healing side.

ashronsjunky
05-20-2012, 01:05 PM
I am also gaining about 40 mana out of nodes and 60 on nodes. My rt for healing rank 3 organ scars is physicle 5 seconds which is very reasonable so i might toss in a few more ranks to get it down to just 3 sec casting then stop transformation and put the extra points into manipulation and blessing lores.. So the mana gain per pulse is more than sufficent to sustain active TSC healing and hunting.

subzero
05-20-2012, 03:43 PM
fput "prep 203"
fput "cast"
pause 2
fput "gob my cak"
fput "gob my bread"
fput "gob my loaf"

fput "prep 204"
sleep 4
fput "cast at friend1"
fput "cast at friend2"
sleep 1

Ugly, I know. But it works.

Just a couple suggestions:

multifput "prep 203", "cast"

or, better yet, figure out what the summon commands are for the bread you can make and you can code the script to prep 203, summon bread, and do away with the multiple eat commands.

For the spells, why not: start_script "waggle", ['friend1'];wait_while { running? "waggle" };start_script "waggle", ['friend2'];wait_while { running? "waggle" }

If you want different spells/durations for the other characters, just make a copy of waggle (say, wagalts or whatever) and set that up and use that rather than waggle.

Gibreficul
05-24-2012, 04:38 PM
1 trick pony Boneshatter builds are stupid.

Sheep follow the herd... keep being sheep.

Gelston
05-24-2012, 04:43 PM
Nice, it only took you four days to come up with this.