PDA

View Full Version : Stupid work music...

Edaarin
07-01-2004, 12:49 AM
At work they continuously play either classical or some new age crap all over the store. I like classical as much as the next person, but there's only so many times I can hear Humoresque, The Four Seasons, or Clair de Lune before I want to put my fist through whatever's closest to the station I'm working at.

No real point to this thread, I've just had Eine Kleine Nachtmusik stuck in my head for about 8 hours.

Bobmuhthol
07-01-2004, 12:51 AM
I burn CDs for my dad to play at work, and I thank God every day that he has excellent taste in music.

Stunseed
07-01-2004, 12:56 AM
While working overnights at my job, I knew when it was exactly 3:53 a.m. every single night. Station would play the exact same song. Monday through Friday, 3:53 a.m. After 3 weeks, I was pulling my hair out.

Same thing as classical, I'm fine with Jazz music. But over and over again really burns me out.

Shari
07-01-2004, 01:05 AM
I used to work in a BBQ restraunt. Same country songs running over and over and over and over and over.....

and over and over and over again.

Latrinsorm
07-01-2004, 01:32 PM
I'd take classical, jazz, or country any day over what they had on the University station. Oh boy! The same crappy reggae songs we heard yesterday!!! I wonder if they got any better?!?!?!?

Sean
07-01-2004, 01:37 PM
I provide my own music at my workstation .. ala headphones.

Souzy
07-01-2004, 05:39 PM
I remember when I was 15 or 16 I had a job at this party favor store. Every damn season they'd play these freakin' songs 24-7, repeatively! 'Til this day, I hate monster bash and frosty the snowman. Sing it and I will stab you. I mean it. Thank God I get to listen to what ever I want at my job, which reminds me I forgot to bring my damn CD.

Marl
07-01-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Jesae
I used to work in a BBQ restraunt. Same country songs running over and over and over and over and over.....

and over and over and over again.

I run my inlaws BBQ rest. and yup it is either top 40 or country all the time, they wont let me change between the 2 but once every2 months

Wolfmage
07-08-2004, 02:33 AM
Okay, since we're talking about music at work, and I'm there now, here's MY rant. I'm weird, or so I've been told, I like anime music. Yes, that means I'm listening to them sing in Japanese. So anyway, I have headphones. And one of my co-workers likes to bitch and moan because she can hear my music through my headphones...occasionally, if I get drowsy, I try to sing along so I can wake up. I do so with one ear off, so I'm not singing way off key and louder than the law allows. So she rants, and I have to go without. I could do lower volumes, yes, but I don't enjoy it as much (no, it's not necessarily blaring, but I like to know I'm listening to it, and not listening to a faint whisper of it.) Okay, I'm off my soapbox now. Have at it...

DianaBanana
07-08-2004, 10:51 AM
I once worked in a financial office where all day they would play the COUNTRY MUSIC STATION. I wanted to be :shoot: it was that bad.

Mind you, I live in NJ and this office wasnt even near the hick county...sussex county.

07-08-2004, 11:04 AM
So, Your pissed that somebody doesn't appreciate you signing retarded songs in Japanese where you work? Intestesting. Have you always been a schizo?

Carl Spackler
07-08-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Wolfmage
Okay, since we're talking about music at work, and I'm there now, here's MY rant. I'm weird, or so I've been told, I like anime music. Yes, that means I'm listening to them sing in Japanese. So anyway, I have headphones. And one of my co-workers likes to bitch and moan because she can hear my music through my headphones...occasionally, if I get drowsy, I try to sing along so I can wake up. I do so with one ear off, so I'm not singing way off key and louder than the law allows. So she rants, and I have to go without. I could do lower volumes, yes, but I don't enjoy it as much (no, it's not necessarily blaring, but I like to know I'm listening to it, and not listening to a faint whisper of it.) Okay, I'm off my soapbox now. Have at it...

sounds like something out of office space... lumberg said i could listen to my radio at a reasonable volume from 8 to 10...

Czeska
07-08-2004, 11:19 AM
I worked at Gap for a few years, and after listening to the same loop tapes, over and over, it didn't matter whether or not there were good songs.

Skirmisher
07-08-2004, 11:24 AM
I like country music...

Skirmisher
07-08-2004, 11:29 AM
Heh that reminds me...when i first started working in a bank i was a teller in a drive up window and we listened to the radio ALL the time and after many months I had heard everything the pop and hip hop and oldies and classic stations had i started listening to country just for a change and found out i liked it.

DeV
07-08-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Skirmisher
I like country music... No comment.

Skirmisher
07-08-2004, 11:39 AM
:rant: Don't hate country music singers just cause they can actually sing.:rant:

[Edited on 7-8-2004 by Skirmisher]

Zentoph
07-08-2004, 11:48 AM
At my first job it was sort of a 'bring your own music' type thing. However, LadyA was the first person to bring in her radio so she was sort of the master control for people who didn't have a cd player.

Starting the day after Thanksgiving LadyA would put on her Christmas CD every morning.. Listen to all of the songs on it three times, and then put it on country. During the middle of the day she did it again, and then at evening three times more. I asked her why she was blaring that shit so repetitevly and she goes "We all need the spiritual boost of Santa Clause!"

I wish I'd known MP3 players don't get as loud as CDs when I went out and spent 100 dollars for one:(

longshot
07-08-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Wolfmage

So, you need anime at work?

I smell cheetos...

Latrinsorm
07-08-2004, 12:42 PM
I like Big O's soundtrack. Everything else is pretty hit or miss.

DianaBanana
07-08-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Skirmisher
:rant: Don't hate country music singers just cause they can actually sing.:rant:

[Edited on 7-8-2004 by Skirmisher]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, that's a good one.

Wezas
07-08-2004, 04:29 PM
Grew up listening to country w/ my dad.

Then started listening to 80's rock (Slippery When Wet and the like)

Jr. High started listening to Heavy Metal

High School started listening to Alt Rock

When I got my car i listened to rap for a few months (good bass for my newly aquired stereo system).

Now I listen to pretty much anything.

In my cd case in my car right now:

NIN (3 or 4 cd's)
Phil Collins
Billy Joel (2 cd best of)
Various Rap mix CD's made by a friend
Garth Brooks (1 or 2 cd's)
Eminem (2 earlier albums)
80's new wave cd
old rock cd I made (Sister Christian, Jessie's Girl, etc)

But for the most part I just listen to Stern, Don & Mike, and Ron & Fez (local DJ's)

But at work I just have my headphones on with no music so that people will not bother me.

AnticorRifling
07-08-2004, 04:31 PM
I'm lucky, everyone here in the office has decent taste in music. We randomly switch as to who's machine is the jukebox and we just let it play, plus we have the 100+ GB of MP3's to pick from so if you don't like what's playing you can toss on headphones.

Wezas
07-08-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
I burn CDs for my dad to play at work, and I thank God every day that he has excellent taste in music.

That's probably because he's our age and not Weedie's.