PDA

View Full Version : SPOILER Game of Thrones Season 2 WITH SPOILERS

Liagala
05-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Listen. Why not just make a thread specifically FOR spoilers instead of this cloak and dagger shit.
This, x2.

Proceed.

Back
05-07-2012, 04:19 PM
They all die.

Some Rogue
05-07-2012, 04:25 PM
They all die.

This isn't the "What happens to Back's hookers" thread.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
05-07-2012, 04:29 PM
This isn't the "What happens to Back's hookers" thread.

It's still pretty accurate, though.

Kitsun
05-07-2012, 04:32 PM
The most hilarious transformation from the show to the book has been with the way they deal with 'rumors'. Essentially if it was a whispered rumor in the book, the show will just remove all doubt and show it up front.

It was hinted that Stannis Baratheon and Melisandre had a fling in the book but they had war table nookie in the show. It changes how Stannis is perceived because he keeps on prattling on about right, justice, and stuff. He's just another damn hypocrit if he's banging the priestess and ignoring his own vows.

I didn't even catch that there was a thing between Renly and Loras Tyrel. It makes Loras' reaction to Renly's death make more sense now. I was in full blown WTF mode when they showed them first getting it on though.

There's more but I can't recall them immediately.

Liagala
05-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Also, Diethx, to back up what Nikki said about Cat - Not only does she go all "ZOMG my daughters" after she dies, she also pretty much betrays Robb for them during her life. In the next episode or two you'll see Theon (supposedly) kill Bran and Rickon. When Cat finds out they're (supposedly) dead, she sets Jaime free on nothing but his word that he'll go to Kings Landing and set her girls free. Obviously she knows her own son won't execute her for a betrayal like that, but anyone else would. Right now she's putting her head before her heart, and doing what needs to be done despite her worry for her girls. After the 2 younger boys (supposedly) die, that stops.

Liagala
05-07-2012, 04:36 PM
It was hinted that Stannis Baratheon and Melisandre had a fling in the book but they had war table nookie in the show. It changes how Stannis is perceived because he keeps on prattling on about right, justice, and stuff. He's just another damn hypocrit if he's banging the priestess and ignoring his own vows.
On this note, I really hope they keep the part in where Stannis is going on and on about how people should support their rightful king no matter what, and Davos says something along the lines of, "Like you did when you rebelled against Aerys?"

Keller
05-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Also, fuck the writers for cutting the Reeds out of the story.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
05-07-2012, 04:39 PM

In the book, Stannis at least keeps up a very strong appearance of having no clue about the shadow thing Mel births. To the point that I didn't think he actually knew about that. I felt like it cut down his character a bit to make him all "Oh yeah I went ahead and banged Melisandre to get her pregnant with a shadow assassin because as much as I'm a hard ass about honor and pride this is totally okay with me".. it just rubs against the hardassed, hard to like but hard to hate character they portray in the book.

Androidpk
05-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Not looking forward to the red wedding.

Androidpk
05-07-2012, 04:43 PM
Also, fuck the writers for cutting the Reeds out of the story.

GRRM is heavily involved FYI.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
05-07-2012, 04:46 PM
Also I am disappointed at how they present Margaery.

Her whole thing towards Renly and getting an heir and not particularly caring that he preferred men basically blew open her character as being politically aware/shrewd.. in the books I really appreciated the subtleness about her character's political mastery. She's kind of a mystery as you slowly pick up through the various other characters/story threads that she knows her shit and is basically 100 times the queen Cersei could ever be. The fact that it is so subtle and well done to me is just a testament to her approach. I get that a lot of times that's lost in translation when bringing a story to a TV show or film but they could have still followed the basic formula laid out for her in the books where she starts off looking entirely like a pawn and becomes everything but.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
05-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Not looking forward to the red wedding.

I'm a bad person because I absolutely am.

The reaction of everyone at Ned's beheading was totally priceless. I pretty much threw my book across the room when I got to reading about the red wedding so I can only imagine the amount of fan pandemonium and anger when it's finally shown on TV. It'll be interesting to see after that who people hate more- Freys, Boltons, or Lannisters?

Androidpk
05-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Or George Martin!

Mighty Nikkisaurus
05-07-2012, 05:02 PM
Or George Martin!

It goes without saying everyone who follows the series hates him

Revalos
05-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Yeah, the red wedding is going to blow some minds. The killing of Bran and Rickon will be difficult to mindfuck as much as it was in the books though unless they are really careful with how to portray the corpses.

I was kind of feeling blah about the changes they have made from the book to the show until the "anyone can be killed" scene that they added...I felt like that actually provided some depth for Arya that will be explored to an extensive degree later...

Kitsun
05-07-2012, 07:42 PM
Also I am disappointed at how they present Margaery.

Her whole thing towards Renly and getting an heir and not particularly caring that he preferred men basically blew open her character as being politically aware/shrewd.. in the books I really appreciated the subtleness about her character's political mastery. She's kind of a mystery as you slowly pick up through the various other characters/story threads that she knows her shit and is basically 100 times the queen Cersei could ever be. The fact that it is so subtle and well done to me is just a testament to her approach. I get that a lot of times that's lost in translation when bringing a story to a TV show or film but they could have still followed the basic formula laid out for her in the books where she starts off looking entirely like a pawn and becomes everything but.

I didn't think her presentation there was bad. Margery demonstrated she was perceptive enough to know what was going on and open enough with her husband/king that she didn't mind whatever he did as long as she got to be queen.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
05-07-2012, 07:54 PM
I didn't think her presentation there was bad. Margery demonstrated she was perceptive enough to know what was going on and open enough with her husband/king that she didn't mind whatever he did as long as she got to be queen.

Her overriding veneer of innocence was kind of destroyed, though, which is one of her big characteristics and shields in the book. I dunno.

Kitsun
05-07-2012, 08:21 PM
I may be biased. Seeing her boobies in season two versus waiting years...

Tenlaar
05-07-2012, 11:11 PM
Her overriding veneer of innocence was kind of destroyed, though, which is one of her big characteristics and shields in the book. I dunno.

I absolutely agree. It was, what, at least well into book three before I started really getting the feeling that she might be more puppeteer than puppet. And I have never imagined her being so...crass. Do you want me to turn over so you can pretend I'm my brother? Really?

Kitsun
05-08-2012, 08:29 AM
Was it in book 4 there were rumors that Margery had orgies with her cousins or something?

Atlanteax
05-08-2012, 09:52 AM
I absolutely agree. It was, what, at least well into book three before I started really getting the feeling that she might be more puppeteer than puppet. And I have never imagined her being so...crass. Do you want me to turn over so you can pretend I'm my brother? Really?

Not to be apologetic on behalf of the writers/producers ... but at least they demonstrated her political acumen during her time with Renly & other characters (very discrete/quiet when it's not one-on-one with Renly in private).

Tenlaar
05-08-2012, 11:24 AM
But that's exactly the point. She is demonstrating her political acumen long before I feel like we are supposed to have any inkling that she even possesses any. In the books she just seems to be a womb being traded around by the heads of powerful houses for political gain for a good while still.

And yeah, that was book 4 with the orgy plot.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
05-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Was it in book 4 there were rumors that Margery had orgies with her cousins or something?

Started by Cersei and those rumors were Cersei's undoing precisely because Margery had such an unblemished reputation for being appropriate.

Androidpk
05-08-2012, 12:08 PM
I prefer tv show Margery over book Margery.