PDA

View Full Version : A veil iron barbed gorget - +3 DEX Bonus, Disintegration Flares, Persists

Kronius
05-06-2012, 12:16 PM
You are holding a veil iron barbed gorget in your right hand.

The first thing that strikes you about the gorget is the weight, which is about 2 pounds.

The harmonics generated tell you that the gorget has been infused with a disintegrating substance. The magical harmonics reveal that the neck is better protected when wearing the barbed gorget.

The gorget resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
It provides a bonus of 3 to Dexterity Bonus.
This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 13 times.
The gorget looks to have quite a few charges remaining.

You sense that the barbed gorget will persist after its last enhancive charge has been expended.

A gnomish thug swings a broadsword at you!
AS: +511 vs DS: +473 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +43 = +114
... and hits for 4 points of damage!
Close shave!
You take a quick step back.

** Your barbed gorget releases a shimmering beam of disintegration at the gnomish thug! **

... 20 points of damage!
Blast tears across back leaving a nasty disintegration slash.
The gnomish thug is stunned!
The guiding force leaves a gnomish thug.

Edrelsk takes your gorget and peers at it through a large green crystal lens. He hands it back, saying, "I can charge this up a bit. It'll cost 3960 of your bounty points, though."

CB: Sold on very generous buyout offer

SHAFT
05-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Wearing this with augmented chain makes it hauberk huh?

Kronius
05-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Wearing this with augmented chain makes it hauberk huh?

It is armor, so I'm guessing it'll move you up AsG wise, but I'm not 100% sure so don't quote me on it. I'm sure someone will chime in soon enough.

However, you should always heed the advice of The RZA, The GZA, Ol' Dirty Bastard, Inspectah Deck, Raekwon the Chef, U-God, GhostFace Killah and the Method Man and Protect Ya Neck. Word, son.

SHAFT
05-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Kronius, I'm not gonna lie. I like it. I like it a lot.

Gizmo
05-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Great item for casters too, who get their neck slit....May wanna try getting it to flare for that manuever to make sure.

Definitely a good selling point

brolinc
05-06-2012, 08:22 PM
I start off the min 5 mil.

bluesmith
05-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Is this a neck slot just like a medallion or a torc?

Kronius
05-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Yes, but offers protection to the neck, unlike medallion or torc. When you get hit in the neck, it flares and strikes the critter back.

Kronius
05-07-2012, 09:11 AM
Updated

Kronius
05-07-2012, 08:08 PM
Last call, this will end in the morning pending further bids...