PDA

View Full Version : Fred v. Jason

theotherjohn
08-15-2003, 03:43 PM
anyone else seen it so I can bitch about it?

Scott
08-15-2003, 04:00 PM
There isn't any chance I would go see that movie, it looks horrible.

Tendarian
08-15-2003, 04:30 PM
I would go see it,growing up i musta seen friday the 13th 1-4 or 5 twenty some times each. All i know is Jason better win!

godShell
08-15-2003, 05:23 PM
I bet they'll both die from some humans.

08-15-2003, 10:12 PM
I saw the sneak preview last night.

It was simply awesome.

If you really wanna know what happens, then IM me at TheParkQuaker.

***SEMI-SPOILERS FOLLOW***

But they did it true to both characters and neither intelligent Freddy fans like me, nor the bastard Jason fans should be upset at the end of this movie, because what happened is what shoulda happened... and in the end, it's fair to say that both Jason and Freddy came out of it with their heads above water.

***SEMI-SPOILERS END***

***MASSIVE SPOILERS HERE***

You can't kill something that's immortal. Both Freddy and Jason are. But based on how much damage they each inflicted, the clear winner by decision is Freddy.

***MASSIVE SPOILERS END***

Taernath
08-15-2003, 10:46 PM
Jason would win, because Freddy is a cocky bastard.

imported_Kranar
08-15-2003, 10:48 PM
<< Jason would win, because Freddy is a cocky bastard. >>

Isn't Jason alive in a spaceship in the year 2400? Jason X or something?

08-15-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Kranar
<< Jason would win, because Freddy is a cocky bastard. >>

Isn't Jason alive in a spaceship in the year 2400? Jason X or something?

Yep, though that's an alternate time line.

- --[ Klaive ]-- -

Jenisi
08-16-2003, 12:08 AM
I was cracking up through most of it. It was pretty much what I exspected, it wasn't like really bad or anything.

Edaarin
08-16-2003, 01:26 AM
I said it when I saw Holy Man. I said it when I saw Dude Where's My Car. I said it when I was dragged to see American Beauty. And I'll say it again.

I want my damn $8.75 back.

Scott
08-16-2003, 01:27 AM
$8.75? Where the hell do you live? :lol:

CrystalTears
08-16-2003, 09:46 AM
Putting American Beauty in the same sentence as Holy Man as being a bad film is blasphemy.

Dude Where's My Car was actually funny in it's own stupid way. I'm afraid of what they're going to do with the sequel.

$8.75 is what we pay here too. So when a movie sucks it just makes it that much more painful to bear.

08-16-2003, 10:08 AM
Damn. In Reno it's $5.25 for a matinee. I don't go to the later ones, cause why pay an extra $2 just to sit in a more crowded theatre and miss the movie due to long consession lines?

Anyway, it doesn't matter what they charge at the door. Popcorn is $5, drinks are $3.75 each... nachoes are $4.50.

It's silly.

- --[ Klaive ]-- -

08-16-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Edaarin
I said it when I saw Holy Man. I said it when I saw Dude Where's My Car. I said it when I was dragged to see American Beauty. And I'll say it again.

I want my damn $8.75 back.

I liked all three of those movies.

Holy Man most.

Dude, Where's my Car? next.

and

American Beauty least, but it was still good.

- --[ Klaive ]-- -

08-16-2003, 10:18 AM
Also, the only way to get your money's worth when going to the movies these days is to get a large popcorn and a large drink (two drinks if you're going with someone.)

Go to your movie, eat all the popcorn you can and drink your whole drink.

Go pee hard.

Go get refills since you get them when you buy larges.

Go see another movie for free.

If you stop there, the movie cost around $3 and the popcorn/drinks cost about $4 per fillup of both.

I prefer to make a day of it. In one day, I saw Pirates of the Carribean for the 3rd time, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Terminator 3, Finding Nemo for the 2nd time and Legally Blonde 2. I was gonna watch Bad Boyz II, but it never started in time.

I ate all the popcorn I could stomach, drank tons of drink... I got out of there feeling like I made up for every time I've ever been ripped off at the movies.

- --[ Klaive ]-- -

peam
08-16-2003, 06:45 PM
Anyone who goes to a Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street movie expecting a cinematic masterpiece is a fucking moron.

Neither of these series contain dynamic pieces, nor any works of theatrical art. They're dumb slasher flicks...

...and I like it that way.

[Edited on 8-16-2003 by peam]

Lord Deprav
08-16-2003, 07:53 PM
The Big Lebowski makes every movie "Dead in the Water" ~Donny~

Deprav
"The rug really ties the room together"