PDA

View Full Version : New Proof of Global Warming!!!!1111

Parkbandit
04-30-2012, 12:43 PM
If you missed it over the weekend, during the Brewers-Cardinals game, Tim McCarver — winner of the Ford Frick Award for Broadcasting Excellence — offered a an explanation for why there are more home runs hit these days than back in his day.

Smaller parks? Worse pitching? A lively ball? Bulked up hitters? Nah. Global warming:

“It has not been proven, but I think ultimately it will be proven that the air is thinner now, there have been climactic changes over the last 50 years in the world, and I think that’s one of the reasons balls are carrying much better now than I remember.”

Joe Buck, somewhat amused at this, made an Al Gore joke, but McCarver didn’t really lighten up, saying “I think they’re going to find that out one of these days, yes I do … that’s a theory, but we’ll see.”

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/30/quote-of-the-weekend-tim-mccarver-explains-increased-home-run-rates/

The science is settled people. Now go out there and hit homers while you still can.

Androidpk
04-30-2012, 12:45 PM
I've noticed lately that I can jump higher, maybe this dude is on to something..

Tisket
04-30-2012, 12:46 PM
He makes beauty queens sound positively brilliant.

Parkbandit
04-30-2012, 01:10 PM
I've noticed lately that I can jump higher, maybe this dude is on to something..

This will change later on.. which obviously means that there is global warming for some people but global cooling for others.

Androidpk
04-30-2012, 01:14 PM
This will change later on.. which obviously means that there is global warming for some people but global cooling for others.

/insert obligatory ice age comment towards PB.

Parkbandit
04-30-2012, 01:23 PM
/insert obligatory ice age comment towards PB.

:fu: :fu: :fu:

Back
04-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Or it could be that other wacky theory of human evolution. Ya know... slowly evolving, getting smarter, stronger, more beautiful, and charming. Like myself.

Tisket
04-30-2012, 01:43 PM
Or it could be that other wacky theory of human evolution. Ya know... slowly evolving, getting smarter, stronger, more beautiful, and charming. Like myself.

Well you have managed to singlehandedly disprove Darwin's theory so I guess anything is possible.

Back
04-30-2012, 01:48 PM
God help us!

Parkbandit
04-30-2012, 01:55 PM
Well you have managed to singlehandedly disprove Darwin's theory so I guess anything is possible.

Are you sure?

Darwin's theory accounts for undesirable mutations.. stating that they would be hard pressed to mate and produce offspring and therefore be eliminated due to natural selection.

Tisket
04-30-2012, 02:00 PM
Are you sure?

Darwin's theory accounts for undesirable mutations.. stating that they would be hard pressed to mate and produce offspring and therefore be eliminated due to natural selection.

So he proves Darwin's theory?

I just want my insult to carry the maximum sting. Facts interfere once again.

Parkbandit
04-30-2012, 02:20 PM
So he proves Darwin's theory?

I just want my insult to carry the maximum sting. Facts interfere once again.

It does. It's all proven false though if he does another dumpster chick and she becomes pregnant with his spawn.

But come on.. what are the chances of him finding TWO women that will let him do that to them?

Nieninque
04-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Just point out that he is a stupid cunt. That usually works

Back
04-30-2012, 02:51 PM
Ok, Tisket wins this round with her witty retort.

Nien comes in second for the use of the word "cunt".

PB last for trying way to hard. Remember, less is more.

Thanks for playing.

Deathravin
04-30-2012, 03:58 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/aa/MLB_runs.png
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/95/Global_Temperature_Anomaly_1880-2010_%28Fig.A%29.gif

I don't personally see a correlation. Maybe I'm wrong. Also that's just runs, not homeruns... But you'd think runs would rise if homeruns rose.

Tgo01
04-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Jesus what kind of "thick" air did we have 50 years ago? If baseballs are flying through the air easier now shouldn't cars have better gas mileage too? Y'know less drag and all that shit?

I may or may not have any idea what I'm talking about.

Latrinsorm
04-30-2012, 04:13 PM
Tools of ignorance, folks, tools of ignorance.

Did you know his first name isn't even Tim? His name is James Timothy McCarver. I bet on Earth-2 he goes by Jim. Keep an eye on that if you ever suspect yourself of Crisis-skipping.

Latrinsorm
04-30-2012, 04:16 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/aa/MLB_runs.png
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/95/Global_Temperature_Anomaly_1880-2010_%28Fig.A%29.gif

I don't personally see a correlation. Maybe I'm wrong. Also that's just runs, not homeruns... But you'd think runs would rise if homeruns rose.Consider that Barry Bonds, the career leader in home runs, is lower on the list when it comes to runs and RBIs.

Consider also how WAY MORE home runs were hit in the steroid era, come on man.

Deathravin
04-30-2012, 04:21 PM
I heard something somewhat funny a bit ago... If we don't want to include people in the hall of fame that used steroids, or put an asterisk by their names, then maybe we should put an asterisk by the names of players in the hall of fame before racial integration.

Latrinsorm
04-30-2012, 04:23 PM
I heard something somewhat funny a bit ago... If we don't want to include people in the hall of fame that used steroids, or put an asterisk by their names, then maybe we should put an asterisk by the names of players in the hall of fame before racial integration.Everyone except Lou Gehrig and Walter Johnson, because come on, they were good guys.

Parkbandit
04-30-2012, 04:33 PM
I don't personally see a correlation. Maybe I'm wrong. Also that's just runs, not homeruns... But you'd think runs would rise if homeruns rose.

Way to make Tim McCarver look less dumb. Let me guess... you didn't play much baseball when you were younger....

Parkbandit
04-30-2012, 04:34 PM
Ok, Tisket wins this round with her witty retort.

Nien comes in second for the use of the word "cunt".

PB last for trying way to hard. Remember, less is more.

Thanks for playing.

But we all agree on who the real loser is.. don't we...

Rinualdo
04-30-2012, 06:42 PM
I heard something somewhat funny a bit ago... If we don't want to include people in the hall of fame that used steroids, or put an asterisk by their names, then maybe we should put an asterisk by the names of players in the hall of fame before racial integration.

Daniel Tosh's Happy Thoughts thanks you for using his joke.

Stanley Burrell
04-30-2012, 07:05 PM
I still think it's 99% bullshit, but global whatever aside, people have mentioned that the baseball in Colorado gets replaced more often because it will become more dense due to the atm. pressure and cold air, which will allow easier HRs. I think I remember hearing about a ball warmer (lolololololol) that the Rockies use to put in play. Now I'm sort've, but not at all curious whether or not any of this is true.

Deathravin
04-30-2012, 07:15 PM
I think I remember hearing about a ball warmer (lolololololol) that the Rockies use to put in play.

There's a 'your mom' joke in there somewhere...