PDA

View Full Version : Prometheus

Androidpk
04-30-2012, 11:15 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/30/prometheus-international-trailer_n_1463995.html

Holy crap I can't wait to see this next month :D

Drew
04-30-2012, 11:16 AM
I love Ridley Scott and I love Aliens so I'm intentionally trying to avoid all the trailers/promo for this. I'm pretty sure I'll see it at Avengers this weekend but I'm hoping they don't run it.

Asha
04-30-2012, 11:25 AM
Been following this for a while now. This and Colonial Marines.

Asha
04-30-2012, 11:30 AM
Scott has been pushing for a PG-13 rating, saying recently that "Prometheus" needed a certification which would "allow it to make as much money as possible."

:|

Androidpk
04-30-2012, 11:42 AM
Been following this for a while now. This and Colonial Marines.

I like the idea of Colonial Marines but from what I have seen so far it looks like another Aliens game disappointment.

Drew
04-30-2012, 11:56 AM
The last good Aliens game was on the Atari Jaguar.

Tisket
04-30-2012, 12:04 PM
Holy shit that looks good.

Drunken Durfin
04-30-2012, 12:07 PM
They give away WAY too much in the trailer. I got burned at the theater because I didn't realize what I was watching until it was too late.

diethx
04-30-2012, 12:30 PM
I love Ridley Scott and I love Aliens so I'm intentionally trying to avoid all the trailers/promo for this. I'm pretty sure I'll see it at Avengers this weekend but I'm hoping they don't run it.

Yeah, same.

Back
04-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Haven't been to the movies in years. Prefer to wait and watch them at home without knuckleheads with noisy phones, screaming kids, over inflated food prices, no adult beverages, and people looking at you funny because you are in your boxers.

But I may have to see this one.

Tisket
04-30-2012, 12:35 PM
They give away WAY too much in the trailer. I got burned at the theater because I didn't realize what I was watching until it was too late.

I prefer to think of it as meaning the parts they showed aren't as good as the rest of the movie. They had to pick something so they picked the least interesting bits meaning the rest of the movie has to be that much more awesome. Right?

And don't give me any crap about the Easter bunny or Santa Claus. I will cut you.

Androidpk
04-30-2012, 12:40 PM
I don't think watching the trailer is going to ruin your experience when you watch the full movie.

Drunken Durfin
04-30-2012, 01:13 PM
I prefer to think of it as meaning the parts they showed aren't as good as the rest of the movie. They had to pick something so they picked the least interesting bits meaning the rest of the movie has to be that much more awesome. Right?

Remind me to respond to this after I see the movie.

crb
04-30-2012, 02:24 PM
I think it looks pretty flipping sweet. Sadface about the rating though. Some R ratings make bank, see 300, Terminators, etc.

Asha
04-30-2012, 02:32 PM
I like the idea of Colonial Marines but from what I have seen so far it looks like another Aliens game disappointment.

I know. I've been waiting for this game for so many years, through a couple huge delays and and all out stops.
I looked at the footage and they've fucked up the sound of the guns already.
If this film and this game fail then the nail is completely banged in on the franchise for good.

Asha
04-30-2012, 02:34 PM
I don't think watching the trailer is going to ruin your experience when you watch the full movie.

Agreed.
Look at Cabin In The Woods. That trailer told you fuck all about the film.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
04-30-2012, 03:08 PM
Agreed.
Look at Cabin In The Woods. That trailer told you fuck all about the film.

I normally hate, hate, hate horror movies and I loved that movie, so.. yeah, I agree.

4a6c1
04-30-2012, 03:17 PM
:spaz:

Will see. Will love. Will build multi-layered, allegorical personal holidays ment for the direction and sermon building of future civilizations.

SHAFT
04-30-2012, 05:21 PM

Don't watch the new international trailer then. They might be playing the new Dark Knight trailer too

I know this is a Prometheus thread, but this is cool

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x176/shaft4783/Screenshot2012-04-30at112239AM.png

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x176/shaft4783/Screenshot2012-04-30at112336AM.png

Androidpk
04-30-2012, 07:04 PM
I know. I've been waiting for this game for so many years, through a couple huge delays and and all out stops.
I looked at the footage and they've fucked up the sound of the guns already.
If this film and this game fail then the nail is completely banged in on the franchise for good.

I don't like how it looks like there is only aiming from the hip the whole time with a reticle in the center of the screen. Seems really arcadey to me. The animation seems off as well, clunky almost. After playing through games like Mirrors Edge and even Battlefield 3 with the way they've made motion seem very fluid like this game looks kind of weak in that department.

WRoss
04-30-2012, 07:16 PM
Everytime I see this post title, I expect it to be about Mayo Laboratories v Prometheus Laboratories.

SHAFT
05-15-2012, 03:44 PM
*** Spoiler below ***

Bunch of spoilers in this link too
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/55735

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x176/shaft4783/wDSOP.gif

StrayRogue
05-31-2012, 10:21 PM
Just done watching it. It's a good film, but not great. Doesn't make a whole deal of sense, even when Idris Elba is jizzing exposition juice everywhere. It's not scary, not really gross, lacks any sort of atmosphere or tension, but it does look fantastic, has a great cast (Fassbender and Rapace are especially on point) and sounds good too.

Worth a watch, but don't go in with super high expectations.

SHAFT
05-31-2012, 11:01 PM
But I have super high expectations! Fuck. A lot of the reviews have been meh. Sigh. We still have the dark knight rises

SHAFT
06-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Yeah just watched it and it doesn't make sense. So many things just do not make sense. Hated how they portrayed the space jockeys. Had really high hopes for this

Mighty Nikkisaurus
06-09-2012, 12:11 AM
I'm planning on seeing it tomorrow with some friends at a movie theater that sells wine and beer.

Will drinking while watching make the experience better or worse?!

Tisket
06-09-2012, 12:25 AM
I'm planning on seeing it tomorrow with some friends at a movie theater that sells wine and beer.

Will drinking while watching make the experience better or worse?!

Besides sex, what experience does drinking not enhance?

SHAFT
06-09-2012, 01:26 AM
Booze couldn't hurt

Androidpk
06-09-2012, 03:26 AM

Driving?

Gsgeek
06-09-2012, 06:32 AM
The odd thing is that Im actually seeing a lot of favorable reviews for the movie from the "critics". It'll be interesting to see how that stacks up when I see it. I havent spoken with anyone so far who's been to the movie, and I do admit I've been looking for ward to it.

With some of the posts from here earlier, I'll temper my expectations, but I know Scott cant screw this up like that one guy did to some/one of the later alien movies, uwe or whatever his name was. Ticked me off so bad, they had an interesting cast for the movie and his stupid directing and producing ruined it. Anyway. I hope it does turn out fairly good, even with some items/plot points not making sense.

Skeeter
06-09-2012, 09:08 AM

since when is sex not enhanced by drinking? I find the ladies get a big more uninhibited after a few adult beverages. If it wasn't for drinking women would never have anal.

Androidpk
06-09-2012, 09:28 AM
Psh, that's not true.

iJin
06-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Just keep an adequate amount of frozen pea bags handy as a goodbye gift.

Edit: I'm going to see this tomorrow. Free tickets rule. I think it sucks it was hyped up entirely too much and now I'm expecting something just as awesome as Battleship. Then again, I think anything is better than watching Rihanna attempting to act.

Warriorbird
06-09-2012, 10:27 AM
I liked it. The final seconds should have been post credits because they sort of cheapened the neat end, though I did like the Weyland Corp post credits bit.

SHAFT
06-09-2012, 11:17 AM
I liked it. The final seconds should have been post credits because they sort of cheapened the neat end, though I did like the Weyland Corp post credits bit.

The numerous plot holes and retarded decision making by the characters didn't bother you? I could've flown the doughnut shaped spaceship through each of the many plot holes.

If you're going to see this lower your expectations. It's eye candy, not intelligent sci fi.

Drunken Durfin
06-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Remind me to respond to this after I see the movie.

Okay, I saw the movie last night and I will now eat my words. Seeing the ship crash into the alien vessel in the trailor did not ruin the movie for me. The script ruined the movie for me. Piece of shit movie, if you think it was anything but you are deluding yourself because you had such high expectations and don't want to be dissapointed.

Plot holes.
Plot contradictions.
Poorly developed characters.

There be spoilers below here!

Schizophrenic writing

(I'm a bad-ass merc scientist just here for the money. I am a geologist, I LOVE rocks. I'm a pussy when I see dead bodies. I'm the guy you brought to survey and map this place, but I can't find my way out.)
High-school level cliches.

(But, I can't get pregnant)
General stupidity.

(If a large wheel-like object is barreling down on you MAKE A 90 DEGREE TURN YOU MORON!)
Did I mention plot holes?

(More than I feel like listing)
Lack of adequate Science Fiction continuity.

(Like the son I never had? Really? You are the head of the largest corporation in history with more advanced tech than you can shake your wrinkeled pecker at and you didn't have the son you wanted? You can select the sex of your child with TODAY'S technology, WTF?)

I could go on and on and on, but I already wasted several hours of my life waiting in line and watching this piece of shit. Ridley Scott should be ashamed of himself for releasing this half-baked movie.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
06-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Okay, I saw the movie last night and I will now eat my words. Seeing the ship crash into the alien vessel in the trailor did not ruin the movie for me. The script ruined the movie for me. Piece of shit movie, if you think it was anything but you are deluding yourself because you had such high expectations and don't want to be dissapointed.

Plot holes.
Plot contradictions.

Schizophrenic writing

(I'm a bad-ass merc scientist just here for the money. I am a geologist, I LOVE rocks. I'm a pussy when I see dead bodies. I'm the guy you brought to survey and map this place, but I can't find my way out.)

General stupidity.

(If a large wheel-like object is barreling down on you MAKE A 90 DEGREE TURN YOU MORON!)

(Like the son I never had? Really? You are the head of the largest corporation in history with more advanced tech than you can shake your wrinkeled pecker at and you didn't have the son you wanted? You can select the sex of your child with TODAY'S technology, WTF?)

I could go on and on and on, but I already wasted several hours of my life waiting in line and watching this piece of shit. Ridley Scott should be ashamed of himself for releasing this half-baked movie.

"We're half a billion miles from Earth"

cue internal seizure

Androidpk
06-10-2012, 02:09 PM

Plot holes.
Plot contradictions.

Schizophrenic writing
General stupidity.

Would you like a tampon to go with that wine? Whatever just happened to enjoying a movie for what it is? >_>

Tisket
06-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Would you like a tampon to go with that wine? Whatever just happened to enjoying a movie for what it is? >_>

Says the man who likes to kill jokes by asking the person telling one to explain it.

Androidpk
06-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Says the man who likes to kill jokes by asking the person telling one to explain it.

Are you having a senile moment again?

Tisket
06-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Are you having a senile moment again?

I don't know what you mean. Please explain.

SHAFT
06-10-2012, 02:41 PM
I'm with durfin. I guess that's what they get for having the writer of lost penning the script.

I do not want to see The Continuing Adventures of Dr. Shaw and Her Sidekick David, the Android Head in a Duffel Bag.

What adventures will they get into in the next chapter? Will she unzip the bag so David can have a peek? Find out next time!

SHAFT
06-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Who's excited for Ridley Scott to make a sequel to blade runner?!? After watching the mess that was Prometheus I know I am! It'll be so awesome to tarnish a second classic!

Androidpk
06-10-2012, 02:53 PM
Who's excited for Ridley Scott to make a sequel to blade runner?!? After watching the mess that was Prometheus I know I am! It'll be so awesome to tarnish a second classic!

It depends. I think what may have screwed them up is deciding to change course late in the game. It was originally supposed to be a Alien prequel but then they decided to move it away from the other Alien movies and only keep it roughly in the same universe.

Drunken Durfin
06-10-2012, 04:42 PM

I'm not entertained by sitting in a room and watching special effects. It was a bad movie, hands down. I went in expecting a good movie and was handed a half-done pile of shit. Suggesting that I enjoy it for what it is (a pile of shit) is rediculous. Perhaps if I had gone in there stoned I would have liked it better, but watching it as a sober adult with the ability to follow a storyline I was let down to say the least. The movie did not deliver anything except disappointment.

iJin
06-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Now I'm seriously reconsidering telling my date to go watch another movie, but then I remember that Michael Fassbender is in it then I want to watch it again. I'm in the same ropes as Durfin, I'm huge on storyline and other necessities that makes a movie watchable. I can't just be one of those people that shoot a load just based on FX itself. Though, I will shoot one with Fassbender in anything--and I mean anything. Heh.

Sushi before Prometheus today. Maybe I will get some wine to lessen my excitement.

Drew
06-10-2012, 05:25 PM
I don't know what kind of crack some of you are smoking. I thought it was an awesome movie. I didn't need to enjoy it "for what it was". It passed all standards of a good move: it had a good script, it had interesting characters, it was shot very well and Ridley Scott is the master of tension and pacing. I will agree about the ginger geologist/security, he was a bit schizophrenic.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
06-10-2012, 06:36 PM
I'm with durfin. I guess that's what they get for having the writer of lost penning the script.

I do not want to see The Continuing Adventures of Dr. Shaw and Her Sidekick David, the Android Head in a Duffel Bag.

What adventures will they get into in the next chapter? Will she unzip the bag so David can have a peek? Find out next time!

Well we know how well the one engineer reacted to that small group of people, giving them an explanation and all. So level-headed and willing to communicate. It should go stunningly well to go find a whole fucking planet of them and see if that works out.

SHAFT
06-10-2012, 06:56 PM
How come the people wearing the decontamination suits didn't follow Shaw into the room with the surgery pod? I kept waiting for someone to burst into the room and witness the surgery. She attacks them and they don't follow? "Well, she hit us with a metal object and fled. We didn't feel the need to pursue, even though we knew she was carrying a squid in her babymaker. Sorry."

How come no one thought to check on the squid she just gave birth to? Wtf? A woman just had a squid pulled from her uterus and no one even mentions it! Wtf?

How can a woman who just had a baby squid pulled from her stomach be running and jumping for the last 40 minutes of the film? How is that humanly possible?

Why did David put the drop of the black ooze in Hollaways drink? Was he curious? We see David on his virtual reality headset taking orders, did the other person tell him to do that?

The guy who was in charge of the mapping probes, Fifeld I believe, he was at one point leading the group around the tunnels. How come the guy who had the map got lost? Also, Fifeld and his pal were both scared shitless of the possibility of encountering aliens. How come one of them feels the urge to get friendly with the alien cobra? Was I the only person who could sense hostility from the creature?

Am I the only person who thought of Venom in Spider-Man 3 when the xenomorph-looking creature crawls from the space jockeys stomach? It was Venom is Spider-Man 3 bad.

Why was Guy Pearce's old-man makeup so bad?

After a while, Fifeld's camera turns on and lo and behold, he's right outside the door of the ship! We better just open the door and let him in! When the door opens, a security guy walks up to the crab-like-Fifeld and stands directly in front of him. Did he wonder what this man was doing with his body bent backwards and his legs in front of his head? Did this not seem questionable? Walking right up to the zombieman in a crab-like yoga position was probably the best idea.

Perhaps I'm wrong on this point, but during the fight with the security guys and the zombiefied Fifeld, someone drove off in one of the truck vehicles. What happened to him? Did he ever come back?

During the surgery sequence, after Shaw has the little squid yanked from her stomach, the machine is holding the alien above her and the thing burst open and a good amount of liquid falls right into the open wound on Shaw's stomach. Am I the only person that thought that was bad? That probably wasn't very sanitary.

Why does Shaw feel the need to travel to another of the engineer's planets after one just tried to murder her? Hell, not just her, but one tried to fly a doughtnut-shaped-ship-of-death to Earth to wipe out everything. Seeking out these engineers seems like the best direction.

Androidpk
06-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Yo man, post them spoilers elsewhere.

Fallen
06-10-2012, 07:27 PM
I don't know what kind of crack some of you are smoking. I thought it was an awesome movie. I didn't need to enjoy it "for what it was". It passed all standards of a good move: it had a good script, it had interesting characters, it was shot very well and Ridley Scott is the master of tension and pacing. I will agree about the ginger geologist/security, he was a bit schizophrenic.

You thought the ending of ME3 was perfect, therefore your opinion is invalid.

Drunken Durfin
06-10-2012, 09:56 PM
it had a good script

You were obviously high when you saw the movie. There were more holes in that plot than the prairie dog enclosure at the zoo.

Drew
06-11-2012, 12:04 AM
Why does Shaw feel the need to travel to another of the engineer's planets after one just tried to murder her? Hell, not just her, but one tried to fly a doughtnut-shaped-ship-of-death to Earth to wipe out everything. Seeking out these engineers seems like the best direction.

She was going to set their weapon off on their planet, but she didn't want to tell David that.

droit
06-11-2012, 03:20 AM
I'm with shaft and durfin. This movie was so poorly written, it's a shame that it's now a part of the Alien canon. Such terrible writing, and the direction was ham-handed as fuck. If you ignore the execution of the movie, some of the big-picture story is kind of neat, but even that was kind of cliche in its own way (SPOILER - zomg, they created us, then made a weapon of mass destruction to destroy us, but they were killed by their own creations!).

Androidpk
06-11-2012, 03:29 AM
It was only supposed to be loosely related to Alien cannon anyways, it's not a direct prequel.

Warriorbird
06-11-2012, 03:38 AM
It was only supposed to be loosely related to Alien cannon anyways, it's not a direct prequel.

I would've been happier without the last sequence.

Warriorbird
06-11-2012, 03:41 AM
The numerous plot holes and retarded decision making by the characters didn't bother you? I could've flown the doughnut shaped spaceship through each of the many plot holes.

If you're going to see this lower your expectations. It's eye candy, not intelligent sci fi.

People are stupid. I had the idea that they were all a bunch of morons, and lucky, considering that. I felt the point was they all drastically underestimated what they were dealing with.

Barring "Alien" I don't consider this a particularly intelligent series and that movie was filled with dumb people too.

droit
06-11-2012, 03:42 AM

How so? Its clear that they intended the ending as the setup for the first Alien movie.

Warriorbird
06-11-2012, 03:44 AM
How so? Its clear that they intended the ending as the setup for the first Alien movie.

It wasn't originally supposed to have that tacked on nonsense, because THAT makes it not make sense at all, given a lot of established canon. I wouldn't consider it part.

Androidpk
06-11-2012, 03:45 AM
That's according to Ridley Scott. He intends to have 2 or 3 movies that build up towards the first Alien movie.

Warriorbird
06-11-2012, 03:46 AM
Really? Ugh.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
06-11-2012, 08:28 AM
She was going to set their weapon off on their planet, but she didn't want to tell David that.

Why though?

He's the one who was like "Doesn't everyone want to see their parents die?" I mean shit, we don't even get to see what the hell he said to the engineer before it went totally ape shit. It could have been anything. He could have provoked it.

So of everyone, he's the one who would get it. She has no reason to mislead him. Instead she's all "hurr durr my cross where is it? I have faith!1" and spouting off a bunch of useless nonsense about needing answers, like it matters. Even if they (it?) had said "Humans are petty and shitty creatures that create endless suffering and harm for other creatures, human and non-human alike" is that going to really make her all, "Well then I guess I can see why you'd want to exterminate us! Go right ahead guys!". It was just a bad ending.

I found the movie entertaining and I don't regret seeing it but I felt like they just kept falling short.

SHAFT
06-11-2012, 01:36 PM

You're assuming the 2nd ship they found and flew away in had the ooze-of-death inside them. We never saw if that 2nd ship had a payload.

SHAFT
06-11-2012, 01:42 PM
I don't usually nit-pick movies like this, but as I was sitting there watching it I kept asking myself all these questions. Poor writing is what it boils down to.

Delarock
06-11-2012, 01:45 PM
This was the first movie that, as far as I can remember, I told people not to see. It was promising until right after they sucked the squid out (someone else spoiled this one, but sry anyways). Way downhill after that.

iJin
06-11-2012, 02:09 PM
My only favorite part of this entire movie was the cesarean surgery.

SHAFT
06-11-2012, 03:41 PM
I haven't even gotten into how illogical the engineer's behavior was when David woke him up and spoke to him. This intelligent being who's been asleep for two thousand years is greeted by visitors and he just starts attacking?

Maybe he was giving them his best Incredible Hulk impersonation.

Atlanteax
06-12-2012, 08:56 AM
Heh, Penny Arcade gave the movie a thumbs-down:

http://penny-arcade.com/2012/06/11

Oh, and there were only like seven people in the theater! I don’t know why, but those nonexistent viewers had the right idea. If I tell you that it is bad, which is something I genuinely believe, it will inoculate you against it; no matter how bad it might be, it won’t be as bad as I said it was, and your moviegoing experience will be improved. I’m only too happy to provide this service, as someone should be able to enjoy this movie, even if it’s only as a result of these quantum-cinematic abstractions. Gabriel and I tried to figure it out most of the flight home, only to realize that even if it we did figure it out, what would we have then? Sometimes you get to The Emerald City, like, all the way there, but it is only a Sizzler someone has painted green.

Drunken Durfin
06-12-2012, 04:25 PM
TheGuardian UK

Prometheus: What was that about? Ten key questions

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/jun/08/prometheus-ten-key-questions

Warriorbird
06-12-2012, 04:40 PM
I haven't even gotten into how illogical the engineer's behavior was when David woke him up and spoke to him. This intelligent being who's been asleep for two thousand years is greeted by visitors and he just starts attacking?

Maybe he was giving them his best Incredible Hulk impersonation.

David in Engineer speak, "Kill my Dad."

Engineer to himself, "Must stop Skynet!"

Drew
06-12-2012, 05:07 PM
TheGuardian UK

Prometheus: What was that about? Ten key questions

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/jun/08/prometheus-ten-key-questions

9. Why did the engineers change their minds and decide to destroy life on earth?

This is certainly one of the known unknowns that Scott and Lindelof are concealing in expectation of a sequel. If we're right that the engineers created life on earth, why would they now want to destroy it? Could it be that old chestnut about mankind evolving to the stage of being a threat to other lifeforms in the universe? A friend of mine suggests that the engineer from the prologue was in fact a rogue operator whose fellow engineers are belatedly trying to undo his handiwork – a neat theory that resonates with the original Prometheus myth.

My friend suggested this after the movie and I totally think that it's the correct interpretation. This is the first article I've read that has picked up on what seemed rather obvious.

Drunken Durfin
06-12-2012, 05:16 PM
My friend suggested this after the movie and I totally think that it's the correct interpretation. This is the first article I've read that has picked up on what seemed rather obvious.

I wonder if that was Scott's intention, or if he is just sitting back taking notes from all of the speculation in order to write a sequel. This is like releasing software that is still beta. You hit your advertised release date, but there are tons of bugs. The end-users complain and you remedy the problem, but you still got their money when you wanted to.

Atlanteax
06-12-2012, 06:29 PM
I wonder if that was Scott's intention, or if he is just sitting back taking notes from all of the speculation in order to write a sequel. This is like releasing software that is still beta. You hit your advertised release date, but there are tons of bugs. The end-users complain and you remedy the problem, but you still got their money when you wanted to.

You mean like Blizzard-Activison?

droit
06-12-2012, 10:16 PM
This is pretty much how I felt after watching Prometheus. Spoiler alert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-x1YuvUQFJ0

WRoss
06-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Cheesy as fuck

SHAFT
06-12-2012, 11:49 PM
Prometheus = terminator salvation

SHAFT
06-13-2012, 12:05 AM
Excellent droit. He asks many a good question. And just like the movie, we are left with zero answers. I guess Ridley Scott and those guys want us to assume. It's a like a do-it-yourself movie, we decide the plot details.

FlayedAngel
06-13-2012, 12:44 AM
Prometheus = terminator salvation

Oh DEAR GOD, no.

Atlanteax
06-13-2012, 09:14 AM
Heh, Penny Arcade gave the movie a thumbs-down:

http://penny-arcade.com/2012/06/11

and today...

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-LZg3Rz5/0/L/i-LZg3Rz5-XL.jpg

Gnome Rage
06-13-2012, 10:37 AM
Saw it yesterday. I still don't understand why the dude had to get infected man. I don't get what it added. Other than a dead guy, and everyone DOES love dead guys

Androidpk
06-13-2012, 10:56 AM
and today...

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-LZg3Rz5/0/L/i-LZg3Rz5-XL.jpg

It's called panic, something that makes you do irrational shit, nothing new there.

Drew
06-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Saw it yesterday. I still don't understand why the dude had to get infected man. I don't get what it added. Other than a dead guy, and everyone DOES love dead guys

I was surprised to figure out that the guy was Trey from the OC and not Tom Hardy.

Androidpk
06-13-2012, 11:07 AM
Logan Marshall-Green, and yes.

SHAFT
06-13-2012, 12:32 PM
Oh DEAR GOD, no.

Both were hyped to no end, both looked fantastic in the trailers, both started off ok but turned out to be piles of shit. They seem similar in those regards.

Gnome Rage
06-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Doesn't help me with my issues.

Androidpk
10-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Finally watched this last night for the first time and rather enjoyed it. The giant octopus-like face hugger at the end was awesome. Elizabeth Shaw completely reminds me of Ellen Ripley.

Back
10-06-2012, 02:58 PM
I liked it over all but was disappointed with the shallow characters. The most interesting person was the andriod. I like all the effects, how it tied everything together, the visual aesthetics, but I couldn't give a fuck about any of the characters. Even Theron's character was cardboard.

Androidpk
10-06-2012, 03:22 PM
I think they did a great job with the casting and for the amount of time they did have to flesh out characters it was pretty good.

Gsgeek
10-07-2012, 07:52 PM
I think most issues people had with the movie dealt with continuity and story line than the characters and visuals/special effects, though some were answered by director in some conversations after the movie ran in theatres. Overall though, I thought the movie was fairly decent/enjoyable too, especially on the big screen.

4a6c1
10-07-2012, 08:23 PM
Has anyone else mentioned the color scheme? It was harsh on my eyes and I didnt realize it until I left the theatre. In other words I enjoyed the limited colors of the film but when I walked out into the sunlight there seemed a painful lack of blue in the world.