PDA

View Full Version : Love and Marriage...

Shari
06-26-2004, 04:33 AM
Does anyone else find it HIGHLY annoying when a couple (who has reasons unbeknownst to me) spent real money for an in-game wedding and then ALWAYS smooches, tickles, snuggles, etc so those REDICULOUS actions come up onto the screen?

I mean yeah its one thing to give your beloved a kiss, but must you snuggle, lean, cuddle, etc EVERY TWO MINUTES? Really...I have been with my boyfriend for 6 years in rl and if I was that affectionate throughout the day with him we would end up killing each other.

Numbers
06-26-2004, 04:35 AM
I hate public displays of affection anywhere, whether it's in real life or in the game.

Holding hands is fine, leaning on eachother is fine, snuggling is fine.

But when you start licking eachother, get a damn room.

Celexei
06-26-2004, 04:46 AM
as long as its tasteful i see it as okay, or cute....but i believe the wedding verbs...at least the kissin and such get a bit outta hand, but honestly they don't bother me

Shari
06-26-2004, 04:47 AM
I have seen two couples so far on the Dhu that wont stop TOUCHING each other, kissing, snuggle, licking, tickling, etc.

NOBODY WANTS TO SEE THAT SHIT SO CUT IT OUT.

Pallon
06-26-2004, 05:16 AM
Ask if they have room for a third

Back
06-26-2004, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by Jesae
Does anyone else find it HIGHLY annoying when a couple (who has reasons unbeknownst to me) spent real money for an in-game wedding and then ALWAYS smooches, tickles, snuggles, etc so those REDICULOUS actions come up onto the screen?

I mean yeah its one thing to give your beloved a kiss, but must you snuggle, lean, cuddle, etc EVERY TWO MINUTES? Really...I have been with my boyfriend for 6 years in rl and if I was that affectionate throughout the day with him we would end up killing each other.

It must be those people who don't have a real life someone to do all those things with. Nothing wrong with that. Chalk it up as what they would do if.

Wha, you never been with someone you couldn't keep your hands off of?

Edaarin
06-26-2004, 12:12 PM
Just set your thing to squelch whatever wedding verbs annoy you.

Shari
06-26-2004, 12:25 PM
How do I do that, squelch the person?

Bobmuhthol
06-26-2004, 12:26 PM
That, or you could use a method that actually works, like squelching the verb messaging.

Artha
06-26-2004, 12:26 PM
You can also squelch the 'doesn't seem to want to stop' part. Or you can highlight it black, and know that they're kissing or whatever.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
06-26-2004, 12:43 PM
6 years, get married already!

Atlanteax
06-26-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
6 years, get married already!

Yea really...

Unless it's a situation where you don't want to get married?

Shari
06-27-2004, 01:32 AM
Umm..not really. We're waiting until I graduate (this year). Why waiting? No idea. He wants my dad's permission and he knows my dad wont give it until I have my degree.

He already knows what kind of ring I want so we're not doing too bad so far!

Atlanteax
06-27-2004, 01:34 AM
He already knows what kind of ring I want so we're not doing too bad so far!

So he's already broken-in and trained?

Congrats! :saint:

CrystalTears
06-27-2004, 01:45 AM
The problem is when one person kisses, hugs or whatever and the other reciprocates with the exact same thing. I can deal with one kiss, one smooch, one snuggle every few minutes. The problem is that it's TWO hugs, smooches and snuggles consecutively. If someone kisses you, well uh, chances are you were kissing them too. Why the need to repeat the same action? Cut it out! Talk to each other! :soapbox:

Atlanteax
06-27-2004, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
The problem is when one person kisses, hugs or whatever and the other reciprocates with the exact same thing. I can deal with one kiss, one smooch, one snuggle every few minutes. The problem is that it's TWO hugs, smooches and snuggles consecutively. If someone kisses you, well uh, chances are you were kissing them too. Why the need to repeat the same action? Cut it out! Talk to each other! :soapbox:

That reminds me of something I once saw on TV...

I think it was used as material in Sitcoms too...

Anyhow, the "joke" is that a couple runs out of things to say to each other, so they just "make-out" and "fool around" all the time instead.

Or the "joke" is that they have no idea what to say to each other, so they just (repeat as above).

So maybe that's what you're seeing in the Lands... they got nothing to say to each other anymore? :?:

CrystalTears
06-27-2004, 01:50 AM
Then go hunt together and do the kissing and petting out in the fields so that people don't puke in their mouth watching. Bah.

Betheny
06-27-2004, 02:28 PM
PDA's are just bad policy all around. Yeah, it's great you're horny or whatever, but not everybody wants to see that.

I've never really been a PDA person, more because I just think some things should be private. And I know I hate it when other people do it.

A kiss is one thing, hugging, or holding hands... but other than that? Unless you're going to get naked and do it right then and there (for free) nobody wants to see it.

In conclusion, you ought to just get naked and do the nasty where everyone can see instead of making out. :axe:

Caramia
07-10-2004, 11:52 AM
There's a difference between being affectionate and being inappropriate in public, and if you can't handle the former, the person with issues is you, not the couple. Besides, perhaps they were newly married and still in love, instead of jaded like the rest of you curmudgeons.

Waiting to graduate and for your father's permission? Does that mean from high school and dating since you were 12? Way too young, and way too inexperienced to know what real love is, and also explains the adversion to public affection. Or does it means from college, in which case, you'd be of legal age and screw Dad. You'll be an adult, go make your own mistakes without his permission!

Caramia
07-10-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Maimara
In conclusion, you ought to just get naked and do the nasty where everyone can see instead of making out. :axe:

Like at SimuCon.

DCSL
07-10-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Caramia
There's a difference between being affectionate and being inappropriate in public, and if you can't handle the former, the person with issues is you, not the couple. Besides, perhaps they were newly married and still in love, instead of jaded like the rest of you curmudgeons.

Waiting to graduate and for your father's permission? Does that mean from high school and dating since you were 12? Way too young, and way too inexperienced to know what real love is, and also explains the adversion to public affection. Or does it means from college, in which case, you'd be of legal age and screw Dad. You'll be an adult, go make your own mistakes without his permission!

......... Seriously, being a bitch is not 'cool'. She's graduating from college, as indicated by the way she said 'degree' instead of 'diploma', yes? And she's not waiting for her father's permission, her boyfriend is. Is it so wrong to want your future in-law's approval? It makes the family reunions alot smoother.

I don't know when it became 'cool' to not care about what anyone thinks, but it's something that's starting to bug me. Yes, there are times when it's appropriate, when it expresses self-reliance and inner strength.

But there are inappropriate times as well. When you're about to marry, you get the person's family as well as the person. It won't hurt to go an extra inch to be considerate of the family's feelings.

And when you're in public, it won't break your bond of love to consider everyone else's sensibilities before you hump your partner's leg in front of them. Is it really so important for you to make-out in public? Do you feel that your day is incomplete without a little public tongue action? Probably not. So why is it so imperative that you do it, at the expense of politeness and consideration for your fellow man?

I'm just getting so tired of the juvenile 'I don't care about other people!' attitude I see everywhere these days. Sorry for the rant.

Souzy
07-10-2004, 04:50 PM
Actually the kissing, hugging, snuggling, ect. verbs don't bother me much. The only God damn thing I hate is when they do this, "So and So smiles and walks up to XXX, slowly leaning over and whispers something corny in XXX's ear and softly kisses his ear." I HATE THAT SHIT. That's when you tell them to get a room. Saw someone do that a couple days ago when I was resting on the hunting grounds. I wanted to boil them.

Caramia
07-11-2004, 02:00 AM
Oh please, that's so funny. I'm hardly a bitch, compared to some of the pros here that make a living out of it. I agree that it's not "cool" to be a bitch all the time, like the way some of the juveniles in the game think it is and try to act it, but they'll outgrow that phase soon enough.

I also think having such an adverse reaction to a silly thing is a demonstration of maturity... so the verbs are gag-me sweet and some couples go overboard with them, but they're hardly humping and overtly sexual, unlike some of the smiles and acts and other innuendo that people perform without those verbs. Those with them seldom seem to abuse them.

[Edited on 7/11/2004 by Caramia]

07-11-2004, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Caramia

Originally posted by Maimara

Like at SimuCon.

more info plz

Shari
07-14-2004, 03:41 AM
Oookay. I haven't been here awhile, I'm on vacation. I'll post details about it later.

First of all, Caramia, every response you have given me to posts I've made now and in the past has reflected a serious bitch-tone from you. I don't like it, but hey...I suppose its something that I'll have to deal with.

This whole subject got blurred with the issue of in-game PDA and rl PDA. In real life, typically I don't care because I hardly pay attention to it. In a text game, you can't get away from it unless as others have suggested, to squelch it.

Furthermore, and since I really DON'T need to be sharing this but since Caramia had to throw her snotty-ass response into it and being as immature as she suggests I am, I will reply.

Hi, my father pays for college. I have been EXTREMELY fortunate to not have to pay a cent in order to do so. My dad seems a bit squeamish about me getting distracted with planning a wedding before I have that stupid little piece of paper, and so out of respect, I will wait until I have aquired it. My boyfriend and I are quite happy the way we are and again...I don't find it absolutely necessary to have another stupid little piece of paper and a ring on my finger to be in love.

Well I'm sure I'm missing a lot of other stuff I would have like to said but the sunburn is aching and I need to get to bed.

[Edited on 7-14-2004 by Jesae]

Apathy
07-14-2004, 06:31 AM
Anyhow, the "joke" is that a couple runs out of things to say to each other, so they just "make-out" and "fool around" all the time instead.

Or the "joke" is that they have no idea what to say to each other, so they just (repeat as above).

So maybe that's what you're seeing in the Lands... they got nothing to say to each other anymore? :?:

I don't think that's so much a joke as the man training the woman. ;)

Caiylania
07-14-2004, 08:23 AM
Hi, my father pays for college. I have been EXTREMELY fortunate to not have to pay a cent in order to do so. My dad seems a bit squeamish about me getting distracted with planning a wedding before I have that stupid little piece of paper, and so out of respect, I will wait until I have aquired it. My boyfriend and I are quite happy the way we are and again...I don't find it absolutely necessary to have another stupid little piece of paper and a ring on my finger to be in love. [Edited on 7-14-2004 by Jesae]

You

Rock.

:D