PDA

View Full Version : Know a cancer survivor or someone currently battling?

vamosj
04-15-2012, 08:35 AM
My friend made a website to kind of share what her battle is like. Some of the images are NSFW but this is a good site for those who wish go to it. This is also the place where she posts some of her artwork (makes her own coloring book images) that she hopes will help bring people to her site to donate.. (yes, this is a plug for her and also my way of helping her out).

She's had a double mastectomy along with a few other health issues.

www.cancervacation.com

Reltov420
04-15-2012, 08:45 AM
I myself am a survivor. Sending best wishes, hope, and luck to your friend. I know what a hard road it can be, I'm still on it. Be a good friend to her, she needs it.

Reltov420
05-16-2012, 11:30 AM
My recent EEG/MRI reveals that cancer has returned to my brain in the form of a glioblastoma multiforme, an extremely malignant and usually fatal form of brain tumor. My doctors said that it in inoperable, because any attempt to remove it surgically will only decrease the 'quality of life' that I still have. I've spoken in great depth to a multitude of medical professionals, and I've decided against chemo, and radiation therapy. Again, another 'quality of life' decision. I feel like shit all the time, and I'd really not like it to get any worse. I'm back at home, confined to a hospital bed, having hospice nurses come help every day, only comfort care now.

I probably won't post again, those of you who have been cool, long days and pleasant nights to you.

diethx
05-16-2012, 12:04 PM
Sorry, guy. Good luck and all that.

Showal
05-16-2012, 12:11 PM
My recent EEG/MRI reveals that cancer has returned to my brain in the form of a glioblastoma multiforme, an extremely malignant and usually fatal form of brain tumor. My doctors said that it in inoperable, because any attempt to remove it surgically will only decrease the 'quality of life' that I still have. I've spoken in great depth to a multitude of medical professionals, and I've decided against chemo, and radiation therapy. Again, another 'quality of life' decision. I feel like shit all the time, and I'd really not like it to get any worse. I'm back at home, confined to a hospital bed, having hospice nurses come help every day, only comfort care now.

I probably won't post again, those of you who have been cool, long days and pleasant nights to you.

Bad news man. Keep up the good fight and good luck.

vamosj
05-24-2012, 05:07 AM
Ugggghhhhh... Really don't have anything to say about this man but damn.. Hopefully you enjoy what you can while you can..

Warriorbird
05-24-2012, 07:03 AM

An old family friend had a similar one and made a similar decision. Good luck.

mgoddess
05-24-2012, 09:14 AM

Sucktastic. Keep up the fight and much good luck to you.

Androidpk
05-24-2012, 09:14 AM
You should look into the effects of THC on glioblstoma multiformes, I've heard really positive things.