PDA

View Full Version : Forger Needed for Perfect GOLVERN Lance

Pereus
04-14-2012, 06:35 PM
I have 2 heavy slabs and want to give the perfect lance a try. These things are extremely hard to come by and are expensive as all hell so I want to hedge my losses and find the best forger I possibly can to try and get this thing made with two slabs. They are both 24 pounds.

If anyone could do this or recommend someone I could get into contact with, please let me know. Thanks!

Gizmo
04-14-2012, 06:37 PM
I have 2 heavy slabs and want to give the perfect lance a try. These things are extremely hard to come by and are expensive as all hell so I want to hedge my losses and find the best forger I possibly can to try and get this thing made with two slabs. They are both 24 pounds.

If anyone could do this or recommend someone I could get into contact with, please let me know. Thanks!

A few of us can.

I'll charge you 2mil since you paid 8mil for the one slab.

Warriorbird
04-14-2012, 06:39 PM
Solid gold tank!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5ZvzIOO6aU

bluesmith
04-14-2012, 08:11 PM
Not to throw water on your plans -- I think perfect golvern anything would be awesome...but I'm guessing regardless of the forger's skill you're looking at 1 best piece in every 10 attempts. And then 1 best vise (putting the handle and head together) every 1 time in 20.

Good luck, but odd are you'll end up with 21 elegant golvern lances and 3 superiors (or there about)...guessing it's only 2 pounds a head and the slabs are 25.

Best of luck.

Pereus
04-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Not to throw water on your plans -- I think perfect golvern anything would be awesome...but I'm guessing regardless of the forger's skill you're looking at 1 best piece in every 10 attempts. And then 1 best vise (putting the handle and head together) every 1 time in 20.

Good luck, but odd are you'll end up with 21 elegant golvern lances and 3 superiors (or there about)...guessing it's only 2 pounds a head and the slabs are 25.

Best of luck.

That's what I was talking with Giz about. I still would like to try and get one, I would have no problem having some superior golvern lances lying around, hell a golvern weapon is a golvern weapon. But if a perfect one did make it out I would be thrilled.

Someone mentioned your name as a smith to check in with too. Interested?

senorgordoburro
04-14-2012, 09:16 PM
I would recommend that you actually hire them based on race/class, and one for the forging, and once for the vise to boost your chances.

Nordaak
04-14-2012, 11:40 PM
Yes its 2lbs/attempt for lance head(blade) piece.

My advice, if you want a chance at success, is find someone that has the required stats;

Forging: STR/DIS/CON maxed
Vise: DEX/DIS maxed
As well as highest possible enhansives for these as well!

For forging be: Dwarven/Elven/Dark Elf + Warrior

This will give you the best overall attempt at reaching your goal. Anything less and you are tossing your Golvern in the bin. (My opinion)

That is not to say you will not come away with some Exquisite through Superior items (4% DF/2AvD). You need all the luck you can get.

I wish you luck, be nice to see a Perfect Golvern Lance!

vamosj
04-15-2012, 12:36 AM
Good Luck Pereus... I would have loved to help but my forging stats are not up high enough for this task.. I'd try it for myself as I would have been my own money I'm blowing up, but I wouldn't put someone else in that predicament... Here's to saving for a fixstat..

Pereus
04-15-2012, 07:14 PM
I would recommend that you actually hire them based on race/class, and one for the forging, and once for the vise to boost your chances.

Just to clarify this post...

Are you suggesting have one person with maxed forging stats create the blades and another who is maxed for vising try to forge both together?

Ryvicke
04-15-2012, 07:35 PM
So back when your sig was just vague and weird I went to becauseracecar.org and was like 'um, ok. I guess the internet could have a site like this that someone in the world might care about.' But now that your sig is ridiculously large, vague and annoying you are pretty much ensuring that were I to meet any "becauseracecar" fans in the real world, I would immediately hate them.

Gizmo
04-15-2012, 07:36 PM
Just to clarify this post...

Are you suggesting have one person with maxed forging stats create the blades and another who is maxed for vising try to forge both together?

Yes, and it's a waste of time as I see it.

If anything, just find a dwarven etc warrior to make the pieces and vise them since luck still plays a huge role in things like vising.

Way too much effort for miniscule bonuses

Pereus
04-15-2012, 07:51 PM
So back when your sig was just vague and weird I went to becauseracecar.org and was like 'um, ok. I guess the internet could have a site like this that someone in the world might care about.' But now that your sig is ridiculously large, vague and annoying you are pretty much ensuring that were I to meet any "becauseracecar" fans in the real world, I would immediately hate them.

Well, aside from the size, because racecar is a saying on car forums, its a joke.

Yes, and it's a waste of time as I see it.

If anything, just find a dwarven etc warrior to make the pieces and vise them since luck still plays a huge role in things like vising.

Way too much effort for miniscule bonuses

Noted.

Androidpk
04-15-2012, 09:30 PM
I forget who made it but there is definitely at least 1 perfect golvern lance. Mikoguchi I think?

Pereus
04-19-2012, 12:28 AM
Bumpage, still looking for a smith.

Pereus
04-24-2012, 07:39 PM
No smiths? No recommendations?

Sav
04-24-2012, 09:36 PM
ask Szent, I just sold him my last lance glyphs