PDA

View Full Version : Is It Roleplaying Or Rollplaying?

Bobmuhthol
08-14-2003, 10:25 PM
You hear the ghostly voice of Murkul say, "just mailed the note I swear"

Do people ever even attempt to roleplay? I can live with not roleplaying all the time and occasionally saying AS/DS, stuff like that, but when you try to mask what I believe to be an e-mail as "I just mailed the note" you should be shot in the face. Any other ridiculously stupid "roleplaying" welcome.

Scott
08-14-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
You hear the ghostly voice of Murkul say, "just mailed the note I swear"

Do people ever even attempt to roleplay? I can live with not roleplaying all the time and occasionally saying AS/DS, stuff like that, but when you try to mask what I believe to be an e-mail as "I just mailed the note" you should be shot in the face. Any other ridiculously stupid "roleplaying" welcome.

It's better then him saying "I emailed him at whatever@whatever.com."

Bobmuhthol
08-14-2003, 10:31 PM
Lisu [subdued]: "A 'noob' is a derogatory term for an individual who refuses to learn. While it's origins are mysterious, in general a 'noob' is someone who refuses to accept that the world is the way it is, attempting to use ignorance as an excuse for poor behavior. The difference between a 'beginner' and a 'noob' is that a 'noob' never learns."

Bobmuhthol
08-14-2003, 10:34 PM
Warclaidhm [subdued]: "Brimzstone: A stone located on teras, usually limestone, found near lava."

Dighn Darkbeam
08-18-2003, 03:43 PM
Any idiot that says he has however many pages left until he train.

Anyone that says they just got back from their trainer. Exceptions are if you do RP with someone you call trainer, or are doing guildwork.

There are alot of other things that bug me, but are probably acceptable.

peam
08-18-2003, 04:10 PM
"ies"

Bobmuhthol
08-18-2003, 05:53 PM
<<Anyone that says they just got back from their trainer.>>

But they did! Because there's a trainer in their room! You must be stupid or something. There's no chance in hell that the person just trained themselves at the Inn. They need a trainer to do it for them.

Back
08-18-2003, 08:04 PM
Heard Ardwen on the net say something about 'being stuck in a room with Warclaidhm and 10 actioned items would be hell".

Someone of that stature saying things like that, to my mind, is far more harmful than any newbie who doesn't know better. People like Ardwen are to blame for not setting the example.

Solkern
08-18-2003, 10:21 PM
I HATE it when people do actions over the net like *laughs and kick you**
*Slap yous*
*giggle madly*
Shit like that
It's the most annoying thing in the world..It's the most annoying thing in the world

Solkern
08-18-2003, 10:23 PM
And bobmuthol..how it's suppose to work..is as you hunt and do various skills, you learn and advance your skills and ablitites, you get better at what your doing...if simu was smart, they would change that whole checking in thing and make it a script, where when you have enough exp, you simply level yourself without going to an inn

Halfsilver
08-18-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Solkern
simu was smart, they would change that whole checking in thing and make it a script, where when you have enough exp, you simply level yourself without going to an inn

i'm guessing they made the checking-into- the-inn-to-level system with the idea that you have to rest and meditate on what you've learned so that you can apply it to what you do in the future...kinda like you do in morrowind, if anyone has played.

-grays

Artha
08-19-2003, 12:36 AM
Morrowind kicks ass.

I hate 'e-scroll', 'e-address', etc. Why not just call it 'e-mail'? Mail is just as IC as a scroll, and the e stands for electronic...so it's crap.

'TTM, OMW, BRB, etc'

'Portal spell' - someone's account got hacked, and the next hour or two was spent talking about 'portal spell's...I wanted to shoot all of them in the face.

GS4Gurl
08-27-2003, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
<<Anyone that says they just got back from their trainer.>>

But they did! Because there's a trainer in their room! You must be stupid or something. There's no chance in hell that the person just trained themselves at the Inn. They need a trainer to do it for them.

I have always wondered what a trainer is doing at the local inn? It is so lame. Why dont they have schools instead.