PDA

View Full Version : Boo-Hoo

SpunGirl
06-28-2004, 02:55 AM
So I made a post on the official boards yesterday as a courtesy to a friend. You can set sigs there the same way you can here, as I'm sure most of you know. My sig is as follows:

"The saying 'it takes all kinds to make a world' will be amended this week to exclude you."

I think I even had that as my sig here for a few weeks. Anyway, this is the response I got:

>The saying "it takes all kinds to make a world" will be amended this week to exclude you.

See, even though I completely disagree that a character like that should exist in Gemstone, I was going to keep that opinion to myself until I saw that line above. That's just not cool to say.

-Serescion

Set me free, your Heaven's a lie.

WTF? It's a joke. It's from a horoscope in The Onion. Am I just crazy, or is it *really* that uncool and offensive?

-K

P.S. I also feel offended by HIS sig line. My heaven is LIE?!?!? That's just not cool to say :sniffle:

[Edited on 6-28-2004 by SpunGirl]

Artha
06-28-2004, 03:01 AM
You should respond in a very whiney manner about his signiture. Make sure to compare him to Hitler or a KKK member.

SpunGirl
06-28-2004, 03:08 AM
LOLZ.

Actually, considering TOJ's experience with harassment, I think I'll just request to have it pulled on the grounds that I feel harassed by the response to my signature.

-K

Numbers
06-28-2004, 03:39 AM
Are you sure he realized that your signature was, in fact, your signature, and not a part of the post?

The official boards don't have that little line break that separates the signature from the post, so it's sometimes hard to tell whether it's the signature, a part of the post, or a post-script. Once or twice I've seen people get angry at others because they thought their signature was a part of their post, and after reading the original post, I could see how they could come to that conclusion.

Mint
06-28-2004, 03:40 AM
Some people just need to lighten up. Serescion sounds like he falls in that category.

06-28-2004, 03:46 AM
:foshizzle::monkey: :foshizzle::monkey: :foshizzle::monkey: :foshizzle::monkey: :foshizzle::monkey: :foshizzle::monkey:
Sorry. Just had to add a few emoticons to spice up this ridiculously boring thread. Much love to the forces above, which are a lie.

[Edited on 6-28-2004 by Stanley Burrell]

SpunGirl
06-28-2004, 03:50 AM
Yeah, I can see how they might've thought it was part of the original post. But it came AFTER I signed the post for one, and for another, I'd sure at least ask someone before jumping their shit over a tag line.

-K

Rhynik
06-28-2004, 06:55 AM
Maybe a complete hijack but...

"Set me free, your Heaven's a lie. "

Lacuna Coil?

SpunGirl
06-28-2004, 10:03 AM
I don't know. Whatever it is, I'm offended by it.

-K

DeV
06-28-2004, 11:56 AM
He need's to chill out, and lighten the fuck up.

Serescion
09-13-2004, 11:52 AM
Isch, I'm kinda behind a few months in this forum, eh?

I didn't realize at first it was your sig, it seemed like a rather inflammatory post-script to your post. After your reply, I got in a prideful snit and didn't back down.

I hope you still poke around and check this folder out, SpunGirl, and realize I wasn't trying to be an ass.

Oh, and that sig line at the time was Lacuna Coil, for whoever asked.

-Serescion

HouseofElves
09-13-2004, 12:11 PM
Heh, someone is REALLY bored at work.

And Kristin reads these boards a decent amount, I'm sure she'll come across this.

Serescion
09-14-2004, 12:40 PM
S'what happens when your clients don't know what the hell they're doing. You sit around getting paid to play GS and read the forums a good bunch; not to mention reflect on how I can be an ass sometimes.

:) Good to know she'll read it, thanks for the reply!

-Serescion