PDA

View Full Version : DHU GILLYWACK TO FLY THIS WEEKEND

theotherjohn
06-24-2004, 03:17 AM
Dateline 6/23/2004: DHU GILLYWACK TO FLY THIS WEEKEND

Noting an increase in ticket sales for the Dhu Gillywack, Captain Urgweld Flunkenzaq stated, "We shall fly this weekend. Let all who bought a ticket board my marvelous ship on the Day of the Huntress, at 9:30 Elven Time. I look forward to welcoming you all on board." Urgweld went on to add, "The Dhu Gillywack will be leaving from the Landing first, so anyone who wishes to be first aboard should make their way to the Landing before 9:30pm Elven time on the Day of the Huntress."

From the GemStone IV staff: Please note, Run 3 of the Dhu Gillywack will not be taking place unless ticket sales for that Run exceed 150. We cannot guarantee that they will do so. Additionally, there will be no special gift given due to the second run occuring on schedule. The shopping week for Run 2 will be extended one extra day, Saturday, due to the game outage next Tuesday.

---

Note, please contact billing if you are on the third run and want to go on the second run.

Skirmisher
06-24-2004, 05:00 AM
From the GemStone IV staff: Please note, Run 3 of the Dhu Gillywack will not be taking place unless ticket sales for that Run exceed 150. We cannot guarantee that they will do so. Additionally, there will be no special gift given due to the second run occuring on schedule. The shopping week for Run 2 will be extended one extra day, Saturday, due to the game outage next Tuesday

I guess thats because the incredibly high labor costs of all those GM's make it unviable.

:whistle:

fallenSaint
06-24-2004, 07:17 AM
Well they have to fly them all into landing and have them setup their big ol shops ... And we all know how stressful this text is on their server. Heh.

Wezas
06-24-2004, 10:40 AM
So let me get this straight.

They cancel the 2nd run, but tell people they can be on the 3rd run, and get a gift (people change their schedules)

Then 2 days later they say "Oh, well how bout we run the 2nd run, fuck up everyone's schedule again, no gift, and anyone who scheduled time off to do the 3rd run might not get to do it"

I'm so glad I don't go to those things.

Trinitis
06-24-2004, 10:54 AM
Heh, sounds like they threw this out to promote buying tickets, knowing all along they would hit the mark before the Du would fly the tickets would be sold. They always sell out, no matter what.

This just screams "Money scam"

SpunGirl
06-24-2004, 10:59 AM
They actually didn't hit the mark that they said they needed to make the run... last time I checked they were about 50 tickets short of said mark.

I don't think it's a money scam, but I think the whole debacle was lame. Props to Melissa for doing the right thing and running it anyway, however.

-K

Kitsun
06-24-2004, 11:02 AM
If they always sell out no matter what, then why would they piss people off and pull a stop-and-go?

And Wezas the cancellation and then 'maybe' came during the same night.

fallenSaint
06-24-2004, 11:09 AM
:wtf:

Wezas
06-24-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Kitsun
If they always sell out no matter what, then why would they piss people off and pull a stop-and-go?

And Wezas the cancellation and then 'maybe' came during the same night.

I saw the cancellation was on the 21st, and the go ahead was yesterday. Was there a maybe sometime on the 21st?

Artha
06-24-2004, 11:12 AM
So let me get this straight.

They cancel the 2nd run, but tell people they can be on the 3rd run, and get a gift (people change their schedules)

Then 2 days later they say "Oh, well how bout we run the 2nd run, fuck up everyone's schedule again, no gift, and anyone who scheduled time off to do the 3rd run might not get to do it"

I'm so glad I don't go to those things.

No.

They say "We don't have enough people going. We're going to cancel the second run, and transfer your tickets to the third run. We'll refund the difference and you get a gift. Or you can get your money back and not go."

Then people are like "*CRIE CRIE CRIE*"

Then they say "Our bad d00dz, IT FLIES"

Wezas
06-24-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Artha
No.

They say "We don't have enough people going. We're going to cancel the second run, and transfer your tickets to the third run. We'll refund the difference and you get a gift. Or you can get your money back and not go."

Then people are like "*CRIE CRIE CRIE*"

Then they say "Our bad d00dz, IT FLIES"

So what was the time frame from the cancellation to the maybe. It didn't look like the full go-ahead was until yesterday.

Artha
06-24-2004, 11:17 AM
The sales extension was announced at 10 on the 21st. The cancellation was announced at 7:45 on the 21st.

Numbers
06-24-2004, 02:17 PM
It was definitely handled poorly.

If you're going to cancel something that people have scheduled their lives around, you've gotta give more than four days warning to your customers. People on the boards were complaining that they'd already paid for day care centers for their kids, had decided not to go on trips to Florida, and so on. Of course, there's the fact that if you're actually throwing your kids into a day care center and forgoing a trip to Florida with your friends/family for GEMSTONE, something's seriously wrong in the priority department... but I digress.

They decided to go ahead with it a couple days later, after saying that "If this amount of tickets are sold, it'll go forward," and that seems very fishy. Make a decision and stick with it... don't yo-yo back and forth. And now that they've cancelled the third run, I'm sure there'll be just as many people who are annoyed that they can't attend.

Kitsun
06-24-2004, 02:28 PM
The third run is NOT cancelled. There is the chance it can be if not enough tickets are sold. But it is not officially cancelled.

As for the priority thing... Gemstone is a hobby. People do many strange things and sacrifice for their hobby.

CrystalTears
06-24-2004, 02:34 PM
Heh, if you're going to spend a monthly expense on a hobby, and more on a paid event no less, you're going to dedicate time to it. At least people are thinking of the kids by getting them babysitters or whatnot. Better than letting them run amock while you're playing. :D

Shari
06-25-2004, 05:32 PM
Four hours left...

*twitch*

I know I'm a looser, nobody needs to tell me that.

Sean
06-25-2004, 05:35 PM
Loser

AnticorRifling
06-25-2004, 05:41 PM
I need:

1 collapsing lance
1 alter for my naginata
1 polearm harness
1 conversion on polearm harness to make it pin worn

Shower me with these gifts.

Stunseed
06-25-2004, 05:48 PM
I'm aiming to pick up one < or 10 > of said Lances, I'll see if I can hook you up, Anticor.

Mistomeer
06-25-2004, 06:23 PM
I got a collapsable lance in my locker if you want it.

Mint
06-25-2004, 06:30 PM
Who sold collapsible lances? I missed that shop.

Artha
06-25-2004, 06:34 PM
Omg omg omg 3 hours.

Kitsun
06-25-2004, 06:36 PM
Poke Yer Brain Out. It was in the same shop but a different room as Poke Yer Eye out.

Bobmuhthol
06-25-2004, 06:37 PM
[Poke Yer Brain Out]

A colorful tapestry hung on the far wall draws the attention. The artwork is hung at eye-level to a gnome, forcing others to stoop down to get a good view. Beneath the tapestry is a tiny wrought iron table, with four tiny wrought iron chairs drawn up to it. A tray of delicious-looking snacks lies invitingly on the table. Incongruously, on either side of the table, some small wooden racks display a collection of lances, each one stretching nearly from floor to ceiling and dwarfing all other items in the area. You also see a vultite reinforced hatch.

Obvious exits: none

>l tap

The skillfully woven tapestry depicts a battle scene that might be comical if it weren't so gruesomely detailed. A small contingent of gnomes have girded themselves for war, and each is armed with a viciously spiked lance nearly triple his height. They carry their oversized weapons skillfully however, as they march to the battle raging below them on a bloody field.

>l on rack

You see some small wooden racks. Looking at the racks, you see an oak display and a pine display.

>l in disp

In the oak display you see a sea green vultite lance, a blood red vultite lance, a twilight blue vultite lance, a royal purple vultite lance, a gold-edged crimson vultite lance, a silver-edged black vultite lance, a vivid yellow vultite lance, a rust-colored vultite lance, a snow white vultite lance and a shockingly pink vultite lance.

>l in other disp

In the pine display you see a thin vultite lance, a shining silver vultite lance, a granite grey vultite lance, a coppery brown vultite lance, an aquamarine vultite lance, a violet vultite lance, a fiery orange vultite lance, a frosty blue vultite lance, a vermilion vultite lance and a twisted vultite lance.

Bobmuhthol
06-25-2004, 06:41 PM
I'd appreciate it if anyone would get me a composite bow and light crossbow from Shoot Yer Eye Out.

Mint
06-25-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
I'd appreciate it if anyone would get me a composite bow and light crossbow from Shoot Yer Eye Out.

I am compiling a shopping list. No markup on items. Anyone else put your requests in here or U2U them to me.

Stunseed
06-25-2004, 06:59 PM
Where is a list of stuff from the Dhu?

I'm slow and confused. :?:

Mint
06-25-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Stunseed
Where is a list of stuff from the Dhu?

I'm slow and confused. :?:

I am not sure...Kitsun might have a link somewhere.

Bobmuhthol
06-25-2004, 07:02 PM
http://www.brighnasa.com/DhuItems.htm

Kitsun
06-25-2004, 07:22 PM
The Wiki has it too, plus a map by Agenais for anyone attending

http://www.gs4.org/index.php?pagename=Dhu04&op=modload&name=pnPhpWiki &file=index

It depends which format you prefer, I guess. I made my own damn list so I wouldn't miss anything so I can't comment on how full either of those are.

Bobmuhthol
06-25-2004, 07:41 PM
Too bad the Wiki is the gay.

Kitsun
06-25-2004, 07:43 PM
It's better in some cases where staring at a 50 page wall of text isn't very fun.

Anebriated
06-25-2004, 07:59 PM
its 6 in one half dozen in the other. Personally I use the one bob posted as well because I found it to be more complete. The wiki has a good purpose but its just blocks from the 'wall of text' cut and pasted into the wiki shop links. Neither has prices of items and neither gives you much info about the items so its all personal preference.

Edaarin
06-25-2004, 08:02 PM
Sometimes I think Mint comes across too nice on the boards.

I bet she kills stray cats and lights birds on fire in her spare time.

I'll be posting my shopping list in a bit. :socool:

Drew
06-25-2004, 08:07 PM
I want a 4x maul that is blessable. Not much in the way of Mauls on the Dhu, anyone got an idea about this one?

----------
Lookie here people! All me weapons are like vultite enchantment, even if thar not vultite.
Each weapon gots either an elemental trapped in it or is blessable, ye kin tell which is which:

Red - Fire
Green - Acid
Blue - Ice
Yeller - Lightning
Black - Earth
Silver/White - Bless

You carefully inspect a massive glaes maul etched with gold sigils along the haft.
-------

What's the deal, anyone think that the gold = yeller = lightning flares?

Mint
06-25-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin
Sometimes I think Mint comes across too nice on the boards.

I bet she kills stray cats and lights birds on fire in her spare time.

Yeah, I am trying to be more obnoxious. And cats need to be killed, it is a well known fact. They are evil.

Kitsun
06-25-2004, 08:27 PM
*whines at Mint*

:help:

Mint
06-25-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Kitsun
*whines at Mint*

:help:

er...uh...LOVE you Kitsun. You and your kitties are the exception to the rule.

Bobmuhthol
06-25-2004, 08:53 PM
Mint, WTF are my weapons?!

Mint
06-25-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
Mint, WTF are my weapons?!

It hasn't STARTED yet! Quit whining. Patience is a virtue and all that crap.

Edaarin
06-25-2004, 08:56 PM
Heh man there's a lot of fluff they're selling...appreciate if you could pick up the following items for me though. Sure you won't take a tip?

Contraptional Cases, South
an antique gold lockpick case

The Toolbox (NE from entrance)
a golvern half-diamond lockpick (2x)
a vaalin half-diamond lockpick (2x)

Frumpleguts' Private Chambers
a golden key-clasped belt

Mint
06-25-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin
Heh man there's a lot of fluff they're selling...appreciate if you could pick up the following items for me though. Sure you won't take a tip?

Contraptional Cases, South
an antique gold lockpick case

The Toolbox (NE from entrance)
a golvern half-diamond lockpick (2x)
a vaalin half-diamond lockpick (2x)

Frumpleguts' Private Chambers
a golden key-clasped belt

Got it. I don't know when the airship will land in Landing again, do you need the stuff ASAP? I am going to be shopping in between merchant hunting so if I am in an alterer I won't leave to deliver but will try to get them to you as soon as I can. And negative to the tip.

Mint
06-25-2004, 09:19 PM
Crap it IS open already.

Bobmuhthol
06-25-2004, 09:20 PM
Has been for 20 minutes.

Mint
06-26-2004, 01:51 AM
Well, I am about to get your bows Bob but which ones?

>l on table
On the table you see a blue tanik composite bow, a black willow short bow, a dark cherrywood bow, a deringo short bow, a ruic short bow, a silver beech light crossbow, a golden mesille light crossbow, a ruic light crossbow, a hoarbeam light crossbow, a pale linden composite bow, a carmiln composite bow and a deringo composite bow.
>read sign
In the Common language, it reads:
Many of these wares offer more than meets the eye. Please be sure you know what you're purchasing by making careful INSPECTion of the items. ALL of the weapons are the equivalent in power of ruic, though the strength of the woods they're made from has not been fortified.

>inspect bow
You carefully inspect a sapphire-nocked blue tanik composite bow.

After a careful inspection you determine that a sapphire-nocked blue tanik composite bow requires skill in ranged weapons to use effectively.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
R>
* Ceranus just bit the dust!
R>l on table
On the table you see a blue tanik composite bow, a black willow short bow, a dark cherrywood bow, a deringo short bow, a ruic short bow, a silver beech light crossbow, a golden mesille light crossbow, a ruic light crossbow, a hoarbeam light crossbow, a pale linden composite bow, a carmiln composite bow and a deringo composite bow.
>inspect other bow
You carefully inspect an onyx-inlaid black willow short bow.

After a careful inspection you determine that an onyx-inlaid black willow short bow requires skill in ranged weapons to use effectively.
R>inspect third bow
You carefully inspect a gold-nocked dark cherrywood short bow.

After a careful inspection you determine that a gold-nocked dark cherrywood short bow requires skill in ranged weapons to use effectively.
R>inspect fourth bow
You carefully inspect a deringo short bow etched with a howling wolf silhouette.

After a careful inspection you determine that a deringo short bow etched with a howling wolf silhouette requires skill in ranged weapons to use effectively.
R>inspect fifth bow
You carefully inspect a ruic short bow.

After a careful inspection you determine that a ruic short bow requires skill in ranged weapons to use effectively.
R>inspect sixth bow
You carefully inspect a silver-nocked pale linden composite bow.

After a careful inspection you determine that a silver-nocked pale linden composite bow requires skill in ranged weapons to use effectively.
R>inspect seventh bow
You carefully inspect a carmiln composite bow inset with a stylized ruby flame.

After a careful inspection you determine that a carmiln composite bow inset with a stylized ruby flame requires skill in ranged weapons to use effectively.
R>inspect eighth bow
You carefully inspect a deringo composite bow.

After a careful inspection you determine that a deringo composite bow requires skill in ranged weapons to use effectively.
R>inspect ninth bow
I could not find what you were referring to.
>inspect crossb
You carefully inspect a lustrously polished silver beech light crossbow.

After a careful inspection you determine that a lustrously polished silver beech light crossbow requires skill in ranged weapons to use effectively.
R>inspect other crossb
You carefully inspect a topaz-studded golden mesille light crossbow.

After a careful inspection you determine that a topaz-studded golden mesille light crossbow requires skill in ranged weapons to use effectively.
R>
Hapilot just came through an oak-banded hatch.
R>inpsect third crossb
Please rephrase that command.
>inspect third crossbow
You carefully inspect a ruic light crossbow carved with a thorny rose pattern.

After a careful inspection you determine that a ruic light crossbow carved with a thorny rose pattern requires skill in ranged weapons to use effectively.
R>inspect fourth crossbow
You carefully inspect a hoarbeam light crossbow.

After a careful inspection you determine that a hoarbeam light crossbow requires skill in ranged weapons to use effectively.
R>inspect fifth crossbow
I could not find what you were referring to.

Bobmuhthol
06-26-2004, 09:40 AM
a carmiln composite bow inset with a stylized ruby flame, a ruic light crossbow carved with a thorny rose pattern

Nieninque
06-26-2004, 10:02 AM
Are they selling arrows on there Mint?

Mint
06-26-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Nieninque

Bolts and arrows in various shops. I have to go to work right now but will look around later.

AnticorRifling
06-26-2004, 08:04 PM
I don't know if anyone is still shopping but I could use a bow for my gnome ranger. So something gnomily rangerish would be appreciated. 4x preffered but I'm not super picky with this cast.

Base of the bow you ask? How the hell should I know I don't know anything about archery. If it has a string and goes twang I'll be happy, if you find an archer and he/she tells you the best base go with that and I'll be all happy and stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Mint
06-27-2004, 12:06 AM
I will pick something up for you if you want but I don't want to be responsible for picking the wrong bow so can someone tell me what to get him?

And the thing goes all week so you don't need to rush a decision at all.

Anebriated
06-27-2004, 12:10 AM
get em a composite.

Pallon
06-27-2004, 01:48 AM
Could anyone please hook a brother up with the thunderstone pommeled vultite hook-knife on the rack at Blade and Brawl

edit: thanks Mint

[Edited on 6-27-2004 by Pallon]

Mint
06-27-2004, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Pallon
Could anyone please hook a brother up with the thunderstone pommeled vultite hook-knife on the rack at Blade and Brawl

[Edited on 6-27-2004 by Pallon]

I will grab one later.

An RP sample for your reading delight while I sit in a merchant:

Liquidfyre says, "YAYYYYYYYYY."
Liquidfyre says, "BEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMMMM."
Liquidfyre says, "EEEEVIL Mr fluffums of doooooooom."
s>
(Liquidfyre drools at xavienael)

Hips
06-27-2004, 02:49 AM
Heh, should have seen Nalina and Michiko ripping on that moron. It was incredible. :D

Stunseed
06-27-2004, 03:00 AM
He better hope I don't see him around. He might slip and fall while I'm carelessly swinging Betsy. :whistle:

Mint
06-27-2004, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Nieninque

Found some:

>read sign
In the Common language, it reads:
The magical bolts in the pail are for use with clunkier crossbows, while the bolts in the crate are made for the more reasonably-sized ones.
>l in pail
In the deep pail you see a bundle of fiery crimson bolts, a bundle of pale golden bolts and a bundle of deep azure bolts.
>l in crate
In the stout wooden crate you see a bundle of fiery red bolts, a bundle of pale yellow bolts and a bundle of deep blue bolts.
>l on table
On the sturdy steel table you see a leaf-etched green ora bolt case, an acid-pitted imflass bolt case, a plain white steel bolt case, a gold-streaked vultite bolt case and a haon-banded silver bolt case.

The bolt cases are 30k each, waistworn and hold a medium amount.

The bundles of bolts are 3k each.

Keeping an eye out for arrows still.

And Anticor is an onyx lover is he not? One of the bows is: an onyx-inlaid black willow short bow.

Latrinsorm
06-27-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Mint
Liquidfyre says, "YAYYYYYYYYY."
Liquidfyre says, "BEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMMMM."
Liquidfyre says, "EEEEVIL Mr fluffums of doooooooom."
s>
(Liquidfyre drools at xavienael) Looks like Bob bought another character.

Shari
06-27-2004, 07:50 PM
Yeah me and Michiko are bad when we're together.

Stunseed
06-27-2004, 07:52 PM
Nah, Liquidfyre's just that bad. Wish I wasn't stuck at work right now.

Artha
06-28-2004, 05:48 PM
One of the more amusing things that's happened today:

[Dirigible Ramp]
The entrance to the immense dirigible is dark, its floor a ramp that leads into the gloom at a moderate cant. Above, the ceiling is covered with a maze of wheels, levers and pulleys. Ropes as thick as a halfling's thigh snake down on either side, then disappear beneath the ramp through portholes. A huge rope ladder hangs off the edge of the ramp, growing tiny as it nears the ground below. You also see a flight schedule.
Also here: Shaey, Bskins
Obvious exits: southeast, southwest
>jump
You jump carelessly off the edge of the dirigible and begin a rapid descent to the ground below. As the ground nears, you realize this wasn't really such a good idea.

Your slam headfirst into the ground with a loud **CRACK**!
... 44 points of damage!
Strike to your temple cracks open your skull!

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

...departing in 14 mins...
DEAD>
* Aone just bit the dust!

Latrinsorm
06-28-2004, 08:53 PM
You would have survived if you weren't wussified by that purse.