> General Reminder:
> Please remember you agree to abide by the Rules for Posting and
> the Terms of Service each and every time you log into the
> services. If you need to review these items they can be found on
> the message boards log in page, and the website log in page,
> respectively.
> Also, please keep in mind that though this is only a notification
> of removal, continual violations can and will lead to Terms and
> Conditions Warnings, which may hamper your account status and usage.
>
> Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. If you have further
> questions, please feel free to contact me at MOD-GSZILANA@play.net.
> A copy of your post is included for your reference, below.
>
> Zilana
> Board Moderator
> Mod-GSZilana@play.net
> ==== BEGIN COPY OF POST ====
> Forum: GemStone IV
> Category: GemStone Promotions
> Topic: Hot Summer Nights 2004
> Msg#: 419
> Subject: Re: HSN Week 3: Gnome Pageant Schedule
>
> deleted my own post
>
> only thing I will keep is
>
> I didnt say anything about icehell and giants is because I do not
> have an interest in it.
>
> It will be several RL years before the bad Thurfel quest taste is
> gone and I even consider Icehell part of the game
>
>
>
> "The world needs anger. The world often continues to allow evil
> because it isn't angry enough."
> -Bede Jarrett
> ==== END COPY OF POST ====

Edaarin
06-23-2004, 12:51 PM
A little more clarification..?

Artha
06-23-2004, 12:52 PM
I'm thinking Iscikella reported your post.

theotherjohn
06-23-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin
A little more clarification..?

dude you got all I got

I posted asking why the g Nome festival was in RR

second post you see

Kitsun
06-23-2004, 12:53 PM
Was that your post at the bottom? It was pulled because of Icehell? Huh?

theotherjohn
06-23-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Kitsun
Was that your post at the bottom? It was pulled because of Icehell? Huh?

yes that is my post at the bottom. Simu's crappy boards do not have an edit function so I had to delete and repost.

No it was not removed for Icehell (which I would have no problem with because it is masked vulgarity)

but for harassment of another player

Edaarin
06-23-2004, 12:56 PM
I've never heard of that MOD. She new?

Sean
06-23-2004, 12:57 PM
To answer your 1st question probably because RR blows and they want events to bring people there so its not some forgotten about piece of shit.

As for why your post got pulled? No idea.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
06-23-2004, 01:01 PM
RR hates anyone that comes there anyway, fuck em.

Artha
06-23-2004, 01:25 PM

Untrue. If you don't act like an idiot, you're fine.

CrystalTears
06-23-2004, 01:55 PM
If they hadn't made getting to RR so complicated and time consuming, people would have no problem going there. Spending thousands on a boat that may kick you off at any time gets old really fast.

Parkbandit
06-23-2004, 01:59 PM
Sorry I did not put in the reason when I deleted your post. I hit the e-mail button too fast. I received a request from another poster that felt your post was harassment. My apologies for not including this in the original message.

Dear idiot poster;

You actually believe that post was HARASSMENT? Do you have that thin of skin and a complete lack of understanding what Harassment really is? I ask that you follow go to

http://forum.gsplayers.com

Ask for the Parkbandit. He will give you a lesson in harassment. By the way.. I find your request to be dumber than any other request I have received to date, so I am asking that you kill yourself. Thanks.

Signed,

Falgrin-Simu

Reason 945,540 why I do not post on the official message boards. They cater to idiots who email off to the MOD whenever someone posts anything remotely bothersome to them. She should be banned for being a big ass crybaby.

Edaarin
06-23-2004, 02:06 PM
The only annoying thing about the boards now (situations like this with whiners and crybabies have rarely come up for me) is that in the last year with so many changes there are some posters in every profession that cries and whines about unbalance. It's true for every profession.

Warrior: u tOOk away our REDUX!
Rogue: Weapon precision was ridiculously overpowered but YOU SUCK COASE FOR TWEAKING IT DOWN EVEN THOUGH ITS STILL BETTER THAN IT WAS ANNOUNCED TO BE.
Pures: CML's are overpowering! NOW PVP ISNT A ONE SIDED BATTLE ANYMORE!
Rangers: We want spells AND CMLs damn it.
Bards: We just suck.

Gets boring sifting through bullshit posts sometimes.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
06-23-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Artha

Untrue. If you don't act like an idiot, you're fine.

So, either you are implying I acted like an idiot the 5 times I went there (twice with Tayvin, 3 other times with 3 seperate characters) after the boot was removed, or you are wrong.

I have supreme confidence that I don't act like an idiot 100% the time, so I'd say you are wrong. Fuck RR, and their "we are the elite of rpers". They aren't. Matter of fact, I get more rping in the landing than there.

Parkbandit
06-23-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
I have supreme confidence that I don't act like an idiot 100% the time

25%? :no:

50%? :no:

75%? :no:

95%? :yes:

:smilegrin:

Skirmisher
06-23-2004, 02:15 PM
They screwed up with that whole change from the boot to the current crap system.

I simply do not have enough time in game to be wasting it in attempting and failing to get to a town for goodness sakes.

Parkbandit
06-23-2004, 02:16 PM
I should move my ranger over there... that would get things interesting there. :saint:

Artha
06-23-2004, 02:20 PM
So, either you are implying I acted like an idiot the 5 times I went there (twice with Tayvin, 3 other times with 3 seperate characters) after the boot was removed, or you are wrong.

I have supreme confidence that I don't act like an idiot 100% the time, so I'd say you are wrong. Fuck RR, and their "we are the elite of rpers". They aren't. Matter of fact, I get more rping in the landing than there.

If the shoe fits. I've been down there a few times with Aone and never had a problem.

edit: I'd also have to say you guys are overestimating the difficulty of getting there. It costs what amounts to pocket change, and I've gotten dumped once out of all the times I've travelled there.

[Edited on 6-23-2004 by Artha]

Suppa Hobbit Mage
06-23-2004, 02:21 PM
I'll accept your insult, thats fine.

Artha
06-23-2004, 02:34 PM
It wasn't intended as an insult, though I can easily see how it could be taken as such.

Galleazzo
06-23-2004, 09:37 PM
I don't get it. TOJ, was that the post that was deleted? everything in it? I didn't see any players mentioned by name or even implied there.

theotherjohn
06-24-2004, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Galleazzo
I don't get it. TOJ, was that the post that was deleted? everything in it? I didn't see any players mentioned by name or even implied there.

yes you see the entire email and post

and then you ask in another thread why I would out her

Fuck her

HarmNone
06-24-2004, 03:08 AM
Hmm. My guess would be that the mod intended to hide your original post, before you edited it. She did not make a copy of the original, unedited post. Then, when she realized she had forgotten to include a copy of the post in her email to you, she went back to copy the post but you had already edited it.

No way to know for sure without knowing the content of your original, unedited, post. That, however, is the only thing that makes sense to me. :?:

HarmNone

theotherjohn
06-24-2004, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by HarmNone
Hmm. My guess would be that the mod intended to hide your original post, before you edited it. She did not make a copy of the original, unedited post. Then, when she realized she had forgotten to include a copy of the post in her email to you, she went back to copy the post but you had already edited it.

No way to know for sure without knowing the content of your original, unedited, post. That, however, is the only thing that makes sense to me. :?:

HarmNone

Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:45:36 -0600
Subject: Re: THEOTHERJOHN, your post has been hidden. Notification: Unspecified
To: "john green" <theotherjohn@yahoo.com>
CC: GS4-Mignon@play.net

My supervisor is Mignon - GS4-Mignon@play.net.

I did read your post. I did not personally see anything wrong with the
post but someone did and sent in a request to have it deleted.

Zilana

----- Original Message -----
Date: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 10:34 am
Subject: Re: THEOTHERJOHN, your post has been hidden. Notification:
Unspecified

> harassment? Did you even read my post.
>
> I did not mention a single person.
>
> Who is your supervisor now?

Warriorbird
06-24-2004, 07:20 AM
That's messed up. I dealt with a little campaign of idiots pulling that kind of thing a while back. You're not the most tactful person in the world, but that certainly doesn't seem to fit under any definition of "harassment."

HarmNone
06-24-2004, 07:29 AM
That is really weird. If what you posted is all that was said, there was absolutely no reason to hide the post. Moreover, there was no reason to ASK that the post be hidden. Sounds like those folks need to get together and figure out what they're doing. ;)

HarmNone, confuzzled

SpunGirl
06-25-2004, 10:34 AM
What. The. Fuck.

The moderator said she didn't see anything wrong with the post, but someone else requested to have it deleted. Isn't her job to... MODERATE? If she misses something that someone else points out to her, fine. But there was nothing wrong there, no one mentioned by name except for Thurfel... who isn't a player. I don't think Krash is even a GM anymore.

LameZ0r. I'll bet Artha is right.

-K

CrystalTears
06-25-2004, 10:55 AM
Since when are posts deleted simply because someone complained? :?: If she didn't see the reason to delete it, why do it? :wtf:

SpunGirl
06-25-2004, 11:16 AM
CT, I find all of HarmNone's posts to be harassing. Plz remove them from these boards.

-K

Demonea
06-25-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
Since when are posts deleted simply because someone complained?

I've got a huge list of folks who's posts I'm going to bitch about then! :lol:

Because the player annoys me, THEY SHALL NOT POST!

Caramia
07-10-2004, 12:01 PM
My guess is that someone thought it was flaming or would lead to flaming, and rather than incite a thread that would only spiral downhill, wanted it nipped in the bud.

Ilvane
07-10-2004, 12:10 PM
I would say that too, because every time some idiot brings up Thurfel and how it 'ruined' Icemule, etc..etc..ad nauseum, it goes into a flame war.

I think, John, that it's time you got over it, and let it go without trying to set it off all over again.

I can see why she would remove the post.

-A

theotherjohn
07-10-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Ilvane
I would say that too, because every time some idiot brings up Thurfel and how it 'ruined' Icemule, etc..etc..ad nauseum, it goes into a flame war.

I think, John, that it's time you got over it, and let it go without trying to set it off all over again.

I can see why she would remove the post.

-A

I think since you called me an idiot. I should show you how I feel about you and your opinion.

You are a dumb bitch and to make you feel at home I will say Shut up and suck.

Ilvane
07-10-2004, 12:33 PM
Angry much? :loveu:

-A

P.S. Edited to add this.

Personal note: After the Thurfel quest, I got involved in the Griffin sword quest, and I was harassed by people via e-mail and in game, telling me that I was a quest hog, and I didn't belong in the quest. My character is Ronan devotee, and there was a central character that was Ronan centered. Now, I can see why that post would be hidden, because who wants to bring up the old quest, and rehash all the old feelings that went along with it?

And as for what you think of me John, I've never had a problem with you, you have no need to get nasty.

[Edited on 7-10-2004 by Ilvane]

Edaarin
07-10-2004, 01:52 PM
I never understood the quest hog moniker. Why does it matter that someone likes to participate in quests? I'm sure everyone prefers them to the prep <spell>, cast <target>, hide, ambush thing that we've all done ad nauseum. I've heard Kadesha's name dropped in this instance like a thousand times, and honestly I don't really see what it is about her taking a role in a quest that incites so much animosity.

Unless it's how she behaves in said quest, but I don't think I've even seen any significant in-game events since the Jantalarian thing.

theotherjohn
07-10-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin
I never understood the quest hog moniker. Why does it matter that someone likes to participate in quests?

I lot of it has to do with people that feel when something happens in a certain area it should be the people that are always there and not people that move there and justl log into the game when the staff member is shown as active and/or the NPC logs in

HarmNone
07-10-2004, 07:26 PM
I hear what you're saying, TOJ, and I empathize with the feeling. It is difficult to take when people who don't even live in an area come racing in to "defend the homefront" just because an NPC has logged in and the grapevine has told them what's happening where.

The problem is, I fear, that to let it get to you is to tilt at windmills. There is really nothing that can be, or will be, done about it. There does not exist the staff nor the motivation to do so. :(

HarmNone

[Edited on 7-10-2004 by HarmNone]

07-10-2004, 07:34 PM
So why the fuck would you report the post as harassment, just because "It might incite violence" Thats fucking retarded.

SpunGirl
07-12-2004, 11:18 PM
Meh, TOJ, this could have been a halfway decent discussion about official board politics. Telling someone to "shut up and suck" kind of degrades the conversation.

I don't agree that the post should have been pulled. If every post that "might" turn into a flame war was pulled, the official boards would get even less play than they do now. If someone takes it personally that people didn't like the Thurfel quest, they should try to be a little less sensitive.

-K

Numbers
07-13-2004, 12:24 AM
I never understood the quest hog moniker. Why does it matter that someone likes to participate in quests?

Most likely because the people who don't get to have a starring role in the quest are jealous. A lot of people want to be the star of a quest. They feel it'll make them famous (which isn't always true,) and they get annoyed when the same people end up starring in different quests time and time again., even if they're not great roleplayers.

To be honest, it used to bug the hell out of me. Back when I was able to play a lot and the population was relatively small, I'd always wanted to be in the center of some big, game-wide storyline. And I'd get pissed off that, whenever a new storyline started up, it involved people who had already participated in a previous one.

Nowadays? Couldn't give two shits about it. Most storylines are bland, boring, unoriginal, and cliched. They're simply, "GM NPC shows up, a hundred of people follow said NPC around, said NPC ignores 98 of those people." Many of the central players involved are overdramatic and there's nothing really special about their roleplaying (which is probably why most storylines come and go without most of the population even knowing or caring about them.) And besides, even if I did happen to become the center of a storyline, I wouldn't have nearly enough time to make it enjoyable, which isn't a bad thing.

As for the "quest hogs," let'em do what they do. Most of them are harmless. The only one who's ever bothered me was Isickella, who suddenly thought she was instantly the most important player ever to play the game because of the half-assed and boring Thurfel storyline, and she was never shy about trying to demonstrate that to anybody who would listen.

07-13-2004, 03:55 AM
I fucking hate those 100 people who follow around a gmc and collectively suck his\her dick.

SpunGirl
07-13-2004, 06:06 AM
Sometimes, the reason the same people participate in a quest over and over is because they truly enjoy the roleplay and are willing to put forth the time and effort to insinuate their character deeply into the storyline. In fact, I think that's the reason most people get uber involved. However, *some* people cross the line when they insist on being involved no matter what the scenario, and wind up being so obnoxious that people who are giving a quest a first-time shot get frustrated, fed up, and quit.

-K

DianaBanana
07-13-2004, 10:22 AM
I've never been able to get involved in a Quest. Most of the time it's impossible to figure out whats going on and the brown nosers arent willing to help you out. Bitches.

Artha
07-13-2004, 10:27 AM
The one quest I was heavily involved with never got finished :-\

I did get a mystery pendant that loresings as magic but doesn't do anything as a souveneir, though.