PDA

View Full Version : Photo editing, software advice

Delias
03-30-2012, 07:40 PM
What would you recommend for free photo editing? I have never really had an interest, but now something too fun to pass up has arisen, and I must edit some pictures. Currently running windows 7 but am willing to dual boot with ubuntu if your suggestion is a linux based one.

Back
03-30-2012, 08:01 PM
Photoshop is the best thing going if you can get your hands on a copy. If you are semi-computer literate it is not to hard to figure out what all the tools do through experimentation.

Delias
03-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Photoshop is the best thing going if you can get your hands on a copy. If you are semi-computer literate it is not to hard to figure out what all the tools do through experimentation.

Yeah, I know it's the best thing. I want the best free thing.

Celephais
03-30-2012, 08:36 PM
Paint.NET or GIMP

Celephais
03-30-2012, 08:38 PM
I love Photoshop but I use Paint.NET frequently when I don't have PS available to me. The thing I miss the most for basic editing would be the selection mask tools. You can also use the Adobe CS6 beta, which is free right now, if your photoshopping needs are temporary and immediate.

Delias
03-30-2012, 09:10 PM
I love Photoshop but I use Paint.NET frequently when I don't have PS available to me. The thing I miss the most for basic editing would be the selection mask tools. You can also use the Adobe CS6 beta, which is free right now, if your photoshopping needs are temporary and immediate.

Thank you kindly sir.

WRoss
03-30-2012, 09:18 PM

I never knew about paint.NET. Just tried it out and it's pretty spiffy for a free program.

Drunken Durfin
03-30-2012, 09:48 PM
Gimp.