PDA

View Full Version : Silvergate Inn - Landing

Canon2470-4L
03-25-2012, 11:12 PM
I dunno if this is the correct place to post but I did on the official & not getting much feedback, if i'm in the wrong folder, kindly assist me in moving it :)

I remember many years ago the door to our private lounge can be knock & folks from inside can hear someone is out there, what happen to it now?

You thump on an ancient oak door heavily, but it doesn't seem to do much good.

Nothing can be heard from inside the lounge as well.

Luftstreitkräfte
03-25-2012, 11:44 PM
Too many people got knocked up so they removed the feature.

Canon2470-4L
03-26-2012, 12:54 AM
wondering if we can get that back, or get a door bell or something like that LOL

Liagala
03-26-2012, 03:43 PM
You'd have to post on the official forums to ask for that. This is just a bunch of players hanging out (hence the name, Players' Corner).

www.play.net/forums

Canon2470-4L
03-27-2012, 03:17 AM
Done but no response from there that's why i came over to ask here

Liagala
03-27-2012, 09:16 AM
Done but no response from there that's why i came over to ask here
All you'll get over here is players agreeing/disagreeing with you. No one here can do anything about stuff like that - GMs are prohibited from posting on the PC, by Simu's decree. If you want something actually done, keep poking people on the officials. If you're just here to grump about knocking not working anymore, carry on. I agree, it is pretty dumb that they took that out.

petroglyph
03-27-2012, 09:32 AM
The best way to get this fixed is probably to e-mail your House officers and ask them to e-mail Scrimge.

Beguiler
03-27-2012, 11:19 AM
Several years back the CHE Controller put in 'doorbells' that could be rung. Helden Hall was asked if we wanted one, it sounds in the Great Hall (not the whole House). Located at the Gate, next to the Blackboard. Might check and see if Silvergate got a doorbell!

Just a thought.

Canon2470-4L
03-27-2012, 12:19 PM
All you'll get over here is players agreeing/disagreeing with you. No one here can do anything about stuff like that - GMs are prohibited from posting on the PC, by Simu's decree. If you want something actually done, keep poking people on the officials. If you're just here to grump about knocking not working anymore, carry on. I agree, it is pretty dumb that they took that out.

haha noted on that, i'll get in touch with with the silvergate officers then...

Canon2470-4L
03-27-2012, 12:20 PM
The best way to get this fixed is probably to e-mail your House officers and ask them to e-mail Scrimge.

noted on that & will contact them :)

Canon2470-4L
03-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Several years back the CHE Controller put in 'doorbells' that could be rung. Helden Hall was asked if we wanted one, it sounds in the Great Hall (not the whole House). Located at the Gate, next to the Blackboard. Might check and see if Silvergate got a doorbell!

Just a thought.

will let the officers know & see what they will do about that, thanks :)

Canon2470-4L
04-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Kentrue had answered in the official forum & Enegue had email me as well, red fonts are replys from Enegue.

The door was changed a few years ago for one of the Gala's so that if an officer knocks on it, it can be set to be open to the public. Then knock again and set back to members only.

So the door is permanently set this way? Yes on set.

Do we have the option to install a bell of some sort that if a visiting guest is outside knocking or ringing the bell, folks in the lounge can hear & answer the door? I'll have to check.