PDA

View Full Version : 2x/day Phoen's Strength self-charger and ShadowDeath Quarterstaff

BriarFox
03-23-2012, 12:55 AM
1. 2x/day Phoen's Strength (606) self-charger. Refills 24 hours after last charge has been used:

A wide bronze headband embossed with a pattern of pure gold sunbursts

Phoen's Strength adds a phantom +10 STR bonus, so the spell improves melee AS, ranged roundtime, and encumbrance, among other things.

MB: 30m
BO: 40m

2. ShadowDeath Quarterstaff -

A banded black alloy quarterstaff: The haft of the staff is carved from petrified witchwood, the distinctive grain of the wood replaced by pale minerals but still flowing and sinuous. Much of the weapon's length is shod in thin rings of midnight-dark metal, the edges of which seem to drink light. Hazes of shadow about each length of metal twitch with a pulsing, rhythmic beat. A single ring of vaalin adorns the center of the quarterstaff, etched with a tangle of fruit-laden grape vines. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

Cycles 4x-5x, deals HP damage on flares up to 75 points, special wave attack that deals instant 25 damage with a 3-second RT (works on living creatures 10 levels below user or higher, maximum of two wave attacks per target), heavily scripted and "sentient." Quick weapon for ambushing or multistriking.

BO: 25m Sentral SOLD

Daergar
03-23-2012, 09:34 AM
Does the quarter staff act in the same wy as a rune staff or is it not useable by a sorcerer for pure defense.

Androidpk
03-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Its a THW and not a runestaff.

Manamethis
03-23-2012, 09:49 AM
how long does the headband last and would you take a 16m bid?
http://forum.gsplayers.com/showpost.php?p=1379433&postcount=1

Kronius
03-23-2012, 09:51 AM
http://forum.gsplayers.com/showpost.php?p=1379433&postcount=1

lolneimanz

market_truth
03-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Don't forget that he also bought the shadowdeath staff for 12m one month ago.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=69359

Selling it as a "quick weapon for ambushing or multistriking." is almost Tsin-level misrepresentation. The staff is an RP tool. The staff has not gained double its value in one month. The last auction started at 1m and everyone had a crack at it, its true market value is not any more than what Briar paid.

doubling the price on the headband from 16m to 30m (or 40m BO! lol) is moar oodles of fuckery

Briar did not buy either of these items under value.

If you're new to the PC here's a rule: if you're buying from BriarFox, you are getting fucked by BriarFox.

market_truth
03-23-2012, 11:59 AM
1. 2x/day Phoen's Strength (606) self-charger. Refills 24 hours after last charge has been used:

A wide bronze headband embossed with a pattern of pure gold sunbursts

MB: 30m
BO: 40m

2. ShadowDeath Quarterstaff -

A banded black alloy quarterstaff: The haft of the staff is carved from petrified witchwood, the distinctive grain of the wood replaced by pale minerals but still flowing and sinuous. Much of the weapon's length is shod in thin rings of midnight-dark metal, the edges of which seem to drink light. Hazes of shadow about each length of metal twitch with a pulsing, rhythmic beat. A single ring of vaalin adorns the center of the quarterstaff, etched with a tangle of fruit-laden grape vines. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

Cycles 4x-5x, deals HP damage on flares up to 75 points, special wave attack that deals instant 25 damage with a 3-second RT (works on living creatures 10 levels below user or higher, maximum of two wave attacks per target), heavily scripted and "sentient." Quick weapon for ambushing or multistriking.

MB: 18m
BO: 25m

get it quoted

Suppressed Poet
03-23-2012, 12:04 PM

Selling it as a "quick weapon for ambushing or multistriking." is almost Tsin-level misrepresentation. The staff is an RP tool. The staff has not gained double its value in one month. The last auction started at 1m and everyone had a crack at it, its true market value is not any more than what Briar paid.

doubling the price on the headband from 16m to 30m (or 40m BO! lol) is moar oodles of fuckery

If you're new to the PC here's a rule: if you're buying from BriarFox, you are getting fucked by BriarFox.

Briarfox or anyone else on this PC has the right to post a sale for what they want to sell it for. If you don't like it then don't bid.

dszabo
03-23-2012, 01:25 PM

Welcome back Inspire?

Rahrah
03-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Minimum on the quarterstaff please

everan
03-23-2012, 01:51 PM

I sold the headband, I would have loved to have received 30, but I accepted the offer of 16. I have no problem with capitalism.

BriarFox
03-23-2012, 04:22 PM
Hey, Inspire. Nice to see you circumventing your ban.

Ignoring him, but addressing the issues: I don't think anyone's ever been unhappy with something I sold, and I've never intentionally misrepresented an item. I bought these two way under market value, and I repriced them at it. That's just good merchanting. I'd previously sold the staff to Gelston for 25m, and I already have a BO offer on it in the works right now, so I'm quite sure it's worth it. The 2x/day 606 headband is an amazing piece, and it was massively undervalued at 16m.

I'm happy to work out any problems an actual buyer has with one of my pieces if he or she thinks I somehow cheated them. In general, though, I think my merchanting and forum history stands for itself.

18m on the staff to Rahrah!

WRoss
03-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Welcome back Inspire?

Pretty sure if it was Inspire, my threads would have been bumped.

Gizmo
I'll agree with Briar here on most things.

And as usual item value is more about what people WILL Pay, not what someone paid for it and is now selling it at.

Is it a huge jump? Yes, but if someone pays 30mil for it, then that's a great profit.

No one HAS to bid on it, and if anyone is ever tired of holding onto items not selling, the price usually drops or they get traded.

BriarFox
Pretty sure if it was Inspire, my threads would have been bumped.

Dude, you can't be, like, *obvious* about it.

Manamethis
03-23-2012, 04:37 PM
how long does it last? will you use it and show what it looks like?

BriarFox
03-23-2012, 04:49 PM
how long does it last? will you use it and show what it looks like?

I'm not sure what you mean. Self-chargers are permanent, and the description is in the first post.

everan
03-23-2012, 05:21 PM
I'm not sure what you mean. Self-chargers are permanent, and the description is in the first post.

I think he means how long does the Phoen's strength last.

Tgo01
03-23-2012, 05:30 PM

Does he give reach arounds while doing so?

BriarFox
03-23-2012, 05:59 PM
I think he means how long does the Phoen's strength last.

Depends on your MIU skill. It's the RUB duration.

Staff sold on BO to Sentral.

Suppressed Poet
03-23-2012, 06:00 PM
I haven't played my mage in at least a year and my bard is halfway illiterate.

Is Phoen's Strength no longer fairly common on scrolls? I know I kept a stash of them at all times with my mage.

BriarFox
03-23-2012, 06:01 PM
I haven't played my mage in at least a year and my bard is halfway illiterate.

Is Phoen's Strength no longer fairly common on scrolls? I know I kept a stash of them at all times with my mage.

You can find it on scrolls, though they're not that common. 606 is a self-cast spell, though, and otherwise pretty tough to find.

SHAFT
03-23-2012, 06:09 PM
Huge thumbs down to anyone who shits on other peoples sales. That's the main reason why inspire was banned.

Buying low and selling high is a part of life and gemstone. Good luck on the sales briar

Archigeek
03-23-2012, 06:19 PM
You can find it on scrolls, though they're not that common. 606 is a self-cast spell, though, and otherwise pretty tough to find.

606 isn't really common, but it is not horribly uncommon on scrolls either. It's more common than 215 or 219, but much less common than 103 or 107. It's just a bit less common than bravery (211). There are two downsides that I can see to the spell, (to go with the upsides of course!): you can only use this item at an outdoor location, and if I recall correctly, there's one other spell that you can't get the benefit of Phoen's at the same time with: either wizard strength or bravery, I forget which.

Regardless, self-charging items are not really at the same level as a scroll. I think they're pretty awesome myself. You never have to recharge it, you don't have to feed it, and it will never go poof on you, but... you can only use it twice a day. It's your call on whether you prefer that or prefer to go hunting for scrolls and then get them charged etc.

BriarFox
03-23-2012, 06:22 PM
if I recall correctly, there's one other spell that you can't get the benefit of Phoen's at the same time with: either wizard strength or bravery, I forget which..

606 stacks with everything I know of, actually: 215, 211, 1606, 509, Kai's Song, etc. I'm not sure if I'm somehow missed something, but if someone knows, post it up.

Nordaak
03-23-2012, 06:24 PM
606 and 509 work together, so if its true it must be bravery.

BriarFox
03-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Nah, I regularly spell-tank Nuadjha for invasions with 606, 211, 215, 307, 1606, 509, and more, and they definitely all stack.

Ardwen
03-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Phoens works fine with all the standard AS enhancing spells that I have ever tried it with

BriarFox
03-23-2012, 09:03 PM
Just for clarity, Phoen's Strength adds a phantom +10 STR bonus, so the spell improves melee AS, ranged roundtime, and encumbrance, among other things. I've updated the first post to say as much.