PDA

View Full Version : Dhu Gilly Run 2 Rainout

Kitsun
06-21-2004, 09:00 PM
Dateline 6/21/2004: DHU GILLYWACK ANNOUNCES A RAIN OUT. GNOMES APOLOGIZE.

Today, the Gnomes of the Dhu Gillywack, headed by its Captain, Urgweld, announced that the airship would be unable to fulfill its schedule for the coming weekend. Urgweld stated, "We are, as a group, tremendously sorry that the airship cannot make its scheduled Run this weekend. The work that we provide, the places we visit, the adventures that we allow our passengers the opportunity to participate in, are designed for many more people then have purchased tickets to board on the Day of the Huntress." Urgweld added, however, "We shall be making another visit in a month, and all of the tickets purchased for the cancelled intinerary will be good for this one. Plus, we shall make amends by refunding part of the ticket price, and offering all of those on the next Run a special gift."

From the Gemstone 4 staff: Our apologies for this cancellation. We will automatically transfer all Run 2 ticket holders to Run 3, and credit the difference in ticket price to your account. You have the option, as well, of writing in for a complete credit and cancellation of the Run 2 charges that have been billed. Please write to billing@simutronics.com if you would like to request that your Run 2 ticket be cancelled and your payment refunded. (Please note, if you request a cancellation and full refund for Run 2, then you will NOT be signed up for Run 3, and if you wish to go on that run, you must sign up and pay via the website.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was an exceptionally difficult decision to make. But we believe it is necessary in order for everyone to receive the intended experience. Our apologies.

Kitsun
06-21-2004, 09:01 PM
That was posted on the official boards by Melissa.

All I can say is SHITDAMNFUCK.

Hips
06-21-2004, 09:02 PM
There's already a thread for this.

Wezas
I love that they have no reason for it.

Kitsun
Originally posted by GS3 Michiko
There's already a thread for this.

Mine is more appropiately named.

Meos
06-21-2004, 09:04 PM
PART of the ticket price.... you fuckin bastereds! this was their plan all along. Glad I never bought a ticket!

um yeah... I read the rest... that will teach me to jump the gun.

nevermind.

[Edited on 6-22-2004 by Meos]

Pulpit
06-21-2004, 09:04 PM
Ha ha

Bobmuhthol
06-21-2004, 09:05 PM
They're refunding part of the price if you go on the next one, full if you don't.

Marl
06-21-2004, 09:05 PM
rain out= not enough tickets sold so they are not going to waste the time to make 3 runs

Hips
06-21-2004, 09:06 PM
Here's a novel suggestion for those at Simu:

Lower your prices and more people will buy tickets.

GSWizard
:break:

Kitsun
Originally posted by Wezas
I love that they have no reason for it.

Holyshit they did give a reason. Right in the middle of the RP text...

The work that we provide, the places we visit, the adventures that we allow our passengers the opportunity to participate in, are designed for many more people then have purchased tickets to board on the Day of the Huntress.

The Cat In The Hat
06-21-2004, 09:48 PM
FUCK FUCK FUCK!

Yes well that will teach me to give Simu my money.

This is just one thing on a list of many thats makeing me get closer and closer to leaving.

Cat

Artha
06-21-2004, 09:53 PM
FUCK FUCK FUCK!

Yes well that will teach me to give Simu my money.

You're aware you can get a full refund, right?

Kitsun
06-21-2004, 09:59 PM
Full refunds don't make up for the rescheduling hassle.

Artha
06-21-2004, 10:13 PM
WTF, did you take off work that week or something?

Kitsun
06-21-2004, 10:17 PM
People on the official boards have...
1) Taken off work
2) Turned down jobs during that weekend
3) Hired baby sitters for their kids

While I didn't do any of that, I did clear out my schedule. I also talked friends into going who cleared out their schedules and taken off work. I feel like a damn jackass for doing it.

Artha
06-21-2004, 10:18 PM
1) Taken off work

These people seriously, seriously, seriously need to get a grip.

edited to add cool italicization and boldification.

[Edited on 6-22-2004 by Artha]

DianaBanana
06-21-2004, 10:23 PM
I was just gonna say, the people who are dumping their kids off for a weekend to play an RPG....actually, I dont have words to express how I feel about that. :loser:

Suppa Hobbit Mage
06-21-2004, 10:24 PM
Rescheduling prompted me to buy a ticket. I think its retarded they rescheduled due to low participation, but hey... I've kind of come to expect that stellar performance from Simu.

Wezas
06-21-2004, 10:28 PM
I know a few people that were going to the event (and paying the $75) to make money. A few alters, a few unique items, and then sell them to people who need them. If I could make a few hundred dollars (15+ million silvers) from a day or so of cancelled plans, I might be tempted to do that. I'm just too lazy.

Kitsun
06-21-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Artha

1) Taken off work

These people seriously, seriously, seriously need to get a grip.

edited to add cool italicization and boldification.

[Edited on 6-22-2004 by Artha]

Simu not only likes those people, they love em. They are the source of extra cash from premium AND pay events.

People do all sorts of crazy things for hobbies. You know like... jumping out of airplanes, spending hundreds and thousands of hours fiddling with a car, spend weeks and months building life like miniature models, or say even having over 5000 posts on a message board dedicated to a video game.

Artha
06-21-2004, 10:34 PM
Simu not only likes those people, they love em. They are the source of extra cash from premium AND pay events.

This does not mean they don't take things just a tad too seriously. Hiring a fucking baby sitter so you don't have to take your eyes off the screen for as long as it takes to go make your kids dinner or make sure they haven't hurt themselves? That's sad.

or say even having over 5000 posts on a message board dedicated to a video game.

Burn.

Anebriated
06-21-2004, 10:56 PM
I was going in hopes to make a couple mil by selling alters. I had about 5m worth of custom alters lined up for people already for this week. I was going to use what i earned from the dhu to try and start merchanting since im tired of being poor. I cant put into words how sad simu is.

Pulpit
06-21-2004, 11:05 PM
Dhu 2 Sales Extension

In response to our customers' requests, Run 2 of the Dhu Gillywack ticket sales have been reopened. The event will run if fewer then 100 tickets are left for sale for Run 2 by 9pm eastern time on Wednesday, June 23rd.

Artha
06-21-2004, 11:09 PM
I just checked...as of right now, they need to sell 24 tickets.

Anebriated
06-21-2004, 11:24 PM
183 of 305 tickets remaining

try 78

Axhinde
06-21-2004, 11:27 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Simu can take their retarded event tickets and shove it up their ass. What do they expect? Raise the price of the game, then sell people tickets to an event right after...and hope to sell out? Please...Simu aren't rock stars, they can't do whatever the fuck they want.:grr:

Artha
06-21-2004, 11:28 PM
305 - 206 (target) = 99.

206 - 183 = 23

Kitsun
06-21-2004, 11:35 PM
Artha math is really messed up. They want to have only 99 tickets left unsold. Right now they have 182.

182(Left unsold) and 99(target) = 83 tickets left to sell.

Artha
06-21-2004, 11:37 PM
Yes. Artha math is fucked up.

Kitsun
06-21-2004, 11:43 PM
I can't even figure out what you calculated...

You have their target number of tickets sold minus the tickets they have remaining. *boggles*

Artha
06-21-2004, 11:51 PM
See, they've got to sell 206 tickets to fly. This is because they want less than 100 left, and have 305 available. So 305-99 = 206. And they've already sold 183...so to get to 206, they have to sell 23.

It's summer, I'm tired of thinking of math.

Kitsun
06-21-2004, 11:58 PM
183 is how many tickets are left for sale. It is NOT the number of tickets sold.

Artha
06-21-2004, 11:58 PM
Oh. Well, that explains it then.

The Cat In The Hat
06-22-2004, 12:05 AM
Really, when you spend 365 days a year, with your child 24 hours a day wanting to have 4 hours a day, for 3 days to yourself isnt a bad thing.

Cat, who has a child (Sorry Harmnone! Im stealing your format for this one!)

theotherjohn
06-22-2004, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by Kitsun
This was an exceptionally difficult decision to make. But we believe it is necessary in order for everyone to receive the intended experience. Our apologies.

what is the intended experience of the Dhu?

06-22-2004, 05:33 AM
This is why EG festival pwnz every other ticket event right in the ass.

SpunGirl
06-22-2004, 07:01 AM
The way I perceived it, the intended experience is to pay a shitload of money for a shitload of services.

I think people would get that if they ran it this weekend.

So... because other people didn't buy tickets Simu is going to piss off the people that did. I understand if it wouldn't be profitable for them to run the event, but hey - that's their fault for setting the price so high.

-K

Shari
06-22-2004, 09:22 AM
Oh man, you have no IDEA, how hard it was to not use every bit of profanity I could in my rant on the official boards.

So I shall do it here.

Simu is a mother-fucking goddamned money-sucking son of a cunt whore that is going to drown itself in its own piss if they keep fucking people in the ass like they are doing now.

Okay, I'm done. :)

Xcalibur
06-22-2004, 09:26 AM
1) Taken off work

While I didn't do any of that, I did clear out my schedule. I also talked friends into going who cleared out their schedules and taken off work. I feel like a damn jackass for doing it.

We want names

Mistomeer
06-22-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Jesae
Oh man, you have no IDEA, how hard it was to not use every bit of profanity I could in my rant on the official boards.

So I shall do it here.

Simu is a mother-fucking goddamned money-sucking son of a cunt whore that is going to drown itself in its own piss if they keep fucking people in the ass like they are doing now.

Okay, I'm done. :)

Someone already used some of those words on the official boards. It got pulled, but it was funny.

Shari
06-22-2004, 10:15 AM
LOL you serious!?!? HAHAHA that's great.

Welp, this is my last paid event aside from my annual Ebon's Ticket. Least that wont ever be cancelled and its a fuck load cheaper.

Wezas
06-22-2004, 10:17 AM

:sniffle: there goes my image of you being an :saint:

Shari
06-22-2004, 10:57 AM
HAHAHA, you would piss your pants if you heard my temper-tantrums. I make sailors blush.

Kitsun
06-22-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Xcalibur

1) Taken off work

We want names

They say it themselves on the official boards, you dig the fucking names up.

Soulpieced
06-22-2004, 11:22 AM
Never been to a pay event, never been premium, never bought anything for real money, yet I'm still a rich bastard.

People who spend money beyond subscription to Gemstone ==>:chair:<==Soulpieced

[Edited on 6-22-2004 by Soulpieced]

DianaBanana
06-22-2004, 11:55 AM
Hmmm I've been to Ebon's Gate once and I was premium for two months a few years ago. Other than that, the only extra's I've ever had were one or two extra character slots.

theotherjohn
06-22-2004, 12:20 PM
HAHAHA, you would piss your pants if you heard my temper-tantrums. I make sailors blush. :devilsmile: ever make a soldier blush?

Shari
06-22-2004, 04:20 PM
Wanna try me?

Artha
06-22-2004, 04:35 PM
Bow chica bow

Snapp
06-22-2004, 05:14 PM
Ouch.. I'm with Spun. It may not be profitable for them to do the run with so many tickets unsold, but tough shit. That's good business. You keep the customers happy (especially ones willing to pay $70 for an event-those are the ones you REALLY don't want to piss off).

Artha
06-22-2004, 05:18 PM
That's good business.

I doubt anyone's going to quit over this, so doing anything that will lose them money is bad business.

You keep the customers happy

GemStone's like crack...they'll keep paying, and they'll love it.

Snapp
06-22-2004, 05:20 PM
GemStone's like crack...they'll keep paying, and they'll love it.

I agree... but there is a breaking point. I think they're relying on the addiction a little too much.

DeV
06-22-2004, 05:36 PM
Not only are they relying on the addiction too much they are playing their customer base like cheap two dollar whores.

Blazing247
06-22-2004, 05:40 PM
<GemStone's like crack...they'll keep paying, and they'll love it.>

You are wrong. We didn't take on this price increase because Gemstone is growing strong. We are getting charged more because people ARE breaking the addiction. If people like ME quit (people who keep an account but play maybe two hours a month), they'd be screwed. And there are lots of casual players like me out there, and it's harder (at least for me) to justify paying for what I play when they increase prices and make little slip ups like the Dhu (which I entertained the idea of going to).

Artha
06-22-2004, 06:18 PM
This is a non-primetime who.

>who

Active Players: 716

Staff on duty:
GameHost Quabu
GameHost Kaikala
GameMaster Mignon

That's more people than I used to see on at 8:30-11:30 during late GS3. GemStone's not doing as badly as people (would like to) think.

Summerlyn
06-22-2004, 06:22 PM
<And there are lots of casual players like me out there, and it's harder (at least for me) to justify paying for what I play when they increase prices and make little slip ups like the Dhu (which I entertained the idea of going to).>

I agree, Blazing247. My playing time has really been reduced over the past year, but I kept on paying the monthly fees and not really thinking about it. Then there were the pricing issues, double payment for premium one month, increase subscription prices, cancellation/non-cancellation of paid events and it brought attention to what I was paying.

At one time I had two premium accounts and a basic. I dropped the basic a while ago, and I'm downgrading a premium to basic this week. I haven't missed a paid event in years, but I'll be missing the Dhu this run. Just too much confusion and indecisiveness from staff for me.

Summer

Blazing247
06-22-2004, 06:23 PM
<This is a non-primetime who.

>who

Active Players: 716

Staff on duty:
GameHost Quabu
GameHost Kaikala
GameMaster Mignon

That's more people than I used to see on at 8:30-11:30 during late GS3. GemStone's not doing as badly as people (would like to) think.>

Heh, I wish people would stop using WHO FULL as an indicator of how Gemstone is doing. First of all, I can do a who full on a day when there are 500 people on at Primetime. This number means nothing. If you want it to mean something, compare it to who fulls back in '98. Then you are getting somewhere. I'm saying I believe (and this is because we have NO idea what the real numbers are) the ACTUAL number of people (not MA'ing) playing this game has gone down.

Artha
06-22-2004, 06:50 PM
the ACTUAL number of people (not MA'ing) playing this game has gone down.

That doesn't matter, because they're still paying accounts. When you're talking about it from a business standpoint, they might as well be different people.

Mistomeer
06-22-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Artha

the ACTUAL number of people (not MA'ing) playing this game has gone down.

That doesn't matter, because they're still paying accounts. When you're talking about it from a business standpoint, they might as well be different people.

Actually, Artha, you're wrong. It matters because when one person who MA's quits, they're taking more than one account. So you piss off someone and lost a premie account and a prime account, just as an example, you're losing what, like $60/month? Some of these people, if they ever quit, could cost Simu $300/month. Because of MA, it's more important that Simu not piss off any customers.

Kitsun
06-23-2004, 07:50 PM
And this just in...

Dateline 6/23/2004: DHU GILLYWACK TO FLY THIS WEEKEND

Noting an increase in ticket sales for the Dhu Gillywack, Captain Urgweld Flunkenzaq stated, "We shall fly this weekend. Let all who bought a ticket board my marvelous ship on the Day of the Huntress, at 9:30 Elven Time. I look forward to welcoming you all on board." Urgweld went on to add, "The Dhu Gillywack will be leaving from the Landing first, so anyone who wishes to be first aboard should make their way to the Landing before 9:30pm Elven time on the Day of the Huntress."

From the GemStone IV staff: Please note, Run 3 of the Dhu Gillywack will not be taking place unless ticket sales for that Run exceed 150. We cannot guarantee that they will do so. Additionally, there will be no special gift given due to the second run occuring on schedule. The shopping week for Run 2 will be extended one extra day, Saturday, due to the game outage next Tuesday.

END NEWS ITEM