PDA

View Full Version : Surveillance system

Parkbandit
03-15-2012, 05:53 PM
I need to put up a couple of cameras at the warehouse. Basically I need to see inside the building and the outside parking lot... but I don't want to install any expensive equipment.

Basically, I just want to log onto my computer at home and look in. I would also like to have it recorded if possible. I think I can cover the entire warehouse with 2 cameras inside and 1 camera outside.

I put a small system in a house I own.. but I don't want anything that elaborate. Ideas?

Liagala
03-15-2012, 06:14 PM
I'll look at the system we have at work tomorrow, and see if it's something buy-able or if it's a custom deal from the (local) company we use to service it. As far as logging in from home, if you set the system up on its own PC (helpful for storing the video), you can just dial into it with something like logmein.com or PC Anywhere to check stuff out.

Archigeek
03-15-2012, 06:23 PM
I would just buy a stock system from someplace like Bestbuy or Costco. I know they regularly have them at Costco with half a dozen cameras or so. Unless you have some special needs I would think one of those systems might do.

When I do warehouse design we often end up using an engineer who designs systems where every aisle is covered plus pan/tilt/zooms outside, but that's a lot more than you are asking for.

Kuyuk
03-15-2012, 07:45 PM
I wish my work wasnt at a state funded college, so I could install security cameras and catch people robbing me blind every day.

Fucking kids.

Parkbandit
03-17-2012, 06:06 PM
I picked up a Swann 4 camera system that I hope works out. So far, it's asking me the device ID, user name and PW.. so I think it was set up by someone at one point because the directions don't even give me the device ID. And the customer service isn't open on Saturday.. but opens tomorrow at 5PM.

I'll set up the cameras tomorrow and hopefully get the DVR cracked and set that up on Monday.