PDA

View Full Version : Network Mapping Software

everan
03-07-2012, 03:01 PM
I need to draw up a diagram of our network. It's only a few servers and about 25 workstations. Can anyone suggest some easy to use software that will let me diagram this with minimal effort for wondrous effect?

AnticorRifling
03-07-2012, 04:08 PM
If it's a few servers and some workstations like that do it in Viso or paint.

Either works nicely.

Keller
03-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Parkbandit might have some crayons lying around.

Bhaalizmo
03-08-2012, 09:48 AM
There's a thing called spiceworks that does some of this, but I'm not sure it'll output a nice single page diagram for you.

I can put you a diagram together in about 30 minutes if you want to give me all the info. I do these (using visio) a couple times a week for new or existing clients of mine.

Edit: Typically I represent the workstations with a vague 3 workstations off to the side and some info about the dhcp scope, etc.. To expand on that workstations shouldn't have static IP addresses in my opinion unless they're hosting (serving) some data via an app or folder, in which case why isn't that on the server?

Here's one of my templates. I just fill in all the IP addresses, serial numbers, model numbers, etc. and slap a company name on it.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/Wolfnatas/simplenetworkdiagramtemplate.jpg

Blazar
03-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Yep, made hundreds of these things using Visio. It would be your best bet if you have access to it.

I had never heard of Spiceworks, I may check that out. Looks interesting. Thanks Bhaal.

m444w
03-08-2012, 07:21 PM
spiceworks is awesome.

it has a ticketing system for bug tracking integrated, and a variety of other tools along with network visualization.