PDA

View Full Version : Rest Mode

Rhynik
06-19-2004, 07:59 PM
Hey guys, I'm a complete script newbie. I don't plan on using any for hunting, however I have a few questions.

I'm making myself a script that will take me to a inn after my hunt. I have it set to drop me at a table, now is there a way to have the script go into rest mode? So for example, I could just set it to go to the inn, and put me in rest mode, so I can go afk right away?

Artha
06-19-2004, 08:06 PM
Why go into Rest Mode while you're running a script? All it does is make sure you don't get logged off until you start typing.

Red Devil
06-19-2004, 08:15 PM
{rest} i think put yeah thats dumb

rest:
pause 120
put exp
matchwait gohunt Clear as a bell
matchwait gohunt whatever the other stupid mindstates that are low are
goto rest

Snapp
06-19-2004, 08:26 PM
You could use Psinet, I think the command for that is RESTMODE ON.

Rhynik
06-20-2004, 12:20 AM
I'm using stormfront, as far as I know psinet doesn't work with it.

RedDevil is the matchwait needed?

I set the script, so when I'm done hunting it'll walk me to the inn, sit at a table and then I put...

rest:
pause 120
put exp

goto rest

Do you think that will work? Or does the Matchwait need to be there?

Rhynik
06-20-2004, 12:34 AM
Ok, it's working. Thanks guys.

Chaosmongler
06-20-2004, 01:18 AM
btw psinet works with stormfront

Nakiro
06-20-2004, 01:18 AM
Psinet is stormfront compatible, by the way.

Rhynik
06-20-2004, 04:08 AM
Awesome Im going to check that out then. I read the old thread about psinet, and when it was discussed back then it wasn't stormfront compatable.

Thysan
06-20-2004, 04:25 AM
PsiNet is now SF capable? That is awesome. I'm going to download it right now. The fact that I heard something earlier that it wasn't was the only thing that was stopping me from using it. Good news indeed. Thanks for the update everyone.

Also, I will try this script with my wizard and trying improving on it a bit and making it run faster and such.

Anyone know a good way to mana check without listing all those possible mana values to save space?

Thysan
06-20-2004, 04:27 AM
And I just realized I'm responding in the wrong thread for the hunting script. Was referring to the spectre hunting one.

Rhynik
06-20-2004, 04:01 PM
Hey guys I currently have my rest script as this...

loop:
put exp
match quit Your mind is fresh and clear.
pause 60
goto loop

quit:
put exit

So that it will log me out when my mind gets to fresh and clear, but it is not working. Anyone see what's wrong?

Latrinsorm
06-20-2004, 04:09 PM
Any time you match, you must matchwait.

Rhynik
06-20-2004, 05:49 PM
Alright, got it working. Thanks Latrinsorm.

Rhynik
06-20-2004, 07:26 PM
Ok it's not working. I must be an idiot or something. It does exp once, then I get logged out for not pressing anything.

Latrinsorm
06-20-2004, 07:30 PM
I'm going to guess that all you have is something like:

loop:
put exp
match quit Your mind is fresh and clear.
matchwait

You should put in a series of matches for states that are not fresh and clear that link back to loop. Let me know if that works, because while it should in theory, sometimes it doesn't in practice.

Rhynik
06-20-2004, 08:00 PM
Thanks for everyone's help. Here it is, if there's any newbs to scripting out there that want a resting script they can set, go to bed and forget about.

loop:
pause 30
put exp
match quit mind is fresh and clear
match loop mind is numb
match loop mind is becoming numbed
match loop mind is muddled
match loop mind is clear
matchwait

quit:
put exit