PDA

View Full Version : Great idea in theory, but will it work?

Lobster
06-19-2004, 01:35 PM
On the Play.net forum someone posted a training plan for a two-weapon ranger that uses MOC pretty heavy. I'm thinking about pirating it for my own. It looks like it might be fun and I know it will turn heads, but can you hunt effectively like this? Here is this freakish plan.

This person is 41 trains

Armor: 27 ranks
TWC: 2x
OHE: 2x
CM: 40 ranks
MOC: 30 ranks
PT: 41 ranks
Dodge: 39 ranks
HP: 41 ranks
Climb: 10 ranks
Swim: 10 ranks
Perception: 15 ranks
FA: 8 ranks
Survival: 20 ranks
Spells: 47 (640, 107)

In another couple of days I should hit 40, so I could do something like this. I used Tsorans spreadsheet and it looks like by 50 I could have either 60 spells or 50 spells and be close to 1x in S&H, perception and ambush. By that time I would also be 1x trained in CM, Dodge, physical fitness.

I know that once I hit 50 I would be fine, but how hard would it be to get there? If I it will not be too hard, I'll go ahead and do it. Can I make this work?

I would love some input.

[Edited on 6-19-2004 by Lobster]

Artha
06-19-2004, 01:37 PM
1x in S&H, perception and ambush.

Don't bother 1xing in S&H.

Lobster
06-19-2004, 02:10 PM
Gotcha.

If I forget S&H I have plenty of other places to spend the TPs. Aside from that, is this viable?

Snapp
06-19-2004, 02:13 PM
Aren't you going to need Two-weapon combat too? Otherwise, looks viable to me. Definitely an interesting path.

Lobster
06-19-2004, 02:22 PM
Just added it in there. I must have spaced out and forgot to put it in.

Thanks for your input.

I'll take any more advice I can get. Any holes you can shoot in it?

The nice thing about it is I figure for the next couple of trains I can skip spells and I don't really need any more MOC unless I decide to go to 35 trains and a 4th swing, but I doubt I would use it more than once in a blue moon.

[Edited on 6-19-2004 by Lobster]

Stunseed
06-19-2004, 10:15 PM
Enjoy getting ripped open if you plan on wearing Brig. If you're not going to hide, it's going to leave you open. Other than that, it's doable.

Lobster
06-19-2004, 10:40 PM
I've got the coins for some forest green brig and with society help I was guessing I would be alright. perhaps I'm wrong. I am however very worried about my TD. Hiding and ambushing usually keeps me from getting casted at very much, but being in the open all of the time will probably mean I either have to get spelled up before hunts, I find non-casting critters to hunt or I have to stock up on deeds.

How much better would double chain be over brig?

Stunseed
06-19-2004, 10:43 PM
At 47 trains, my TD is 215.

Others will disagree with me at this, but if you're planning on being in the open, prepare to take the hit. If you can't take the hit, you need to find another way to survive < hiding, redux, etc... >. My way to solve this problem, was heavier armor and redux.

Mistomeer
06-19-2004, 10:44 PM
608. That's why you don't need stalking and hiding. Think they're gonna get a cast off, cast it. Ambush isn't totatlly useless though. You can use it to aim shots from the open. Aiming two weapons at the body would deal alot of damage. Also, for what it's worth, damage factor on blunts is better, generally speaking, than OHE's.

Stunseed
06-19-2004, 10:46 PM
Without stalking and hiding to some extent, 608 is useless. You will get pointed out just as quick as you cast it, leaving you in cast RT while your monster swings. Perhaps .5x'ing stalking and hiding MIGHT < if you're lucky > help.

Lobster
06-19-2004, 11:03 PM
608 is the reason I was thinking it would help to be 1x in stalking & hiding, perception and ambush by the time I am 50. This would give me two more options. Aiming from the open would allow me to take a leg and depending on what critter I'm hunting I could 608 and ambush before it could search for me.

Without S&H I would still try to get 1x in ambush as soon as possible for the aiming from the open.

Maybe I should convince the other fella to try it out then see if he's getting creamed or not. :devilsmile:

Stunseed
06-19-2004, 11:08 PM
If you can pull it out in Brig, more power to you. At 46, I'm trained for augmented chain and loving every single minute of it. Chain makes Brig look like paper armor.

longshot
06-20-2004, 01:55 AM
My ranger had one rank of stalk and hide. You don't need it with 608.

He was fully doubled in CM.

Yes, he was a baddass.

Stunseed
06-20-2004, 02:04 AM
You will auto-hide, but hunting a quick animal/creature will search you out with only 1 rank, leaving you in cast RT while it attacks immediately. If you can get the swing off, it would be great.