PDA

View Full Version : Rogue's Guild

Betheny
08-14-2003, 10:46 PM
Ubadiah [subdued]: "anyone out there with 60 or more ranks in sweep i can practice with...seems most of the folks in the guild aren't quite able to teach me..."

Isn't the rogue's guild a secret or something?

Bobmuhthol
08-14-2003, 10:50 PM
No. Rogue's Guild is very much public. The secret is knowing how to get in. Just like we all knew there were bars disguised as pet shops during prohibition. The problem was catching them.

Betheny
08-14-2003, 10:51 PM
I seem to recall, when I had a rogue, getting chastised for asking for help on the amulet. But that was a few years ago.

Artha
08-15-2003, 12:00 AM
Yes, it should be. But, it's too much trouble for a rogue to walk into TC and ask 'Can anyone help me with such-and-such' in guild speak, or wait around the guild for someone to help them.

StrayRogue
08-15-2003, 08:28 AM
Its impossible to keep secrets in GS these days. Look at COL, and the total farse that has become. The Guild is like that. It was alot different when it was the thieves guild, and membership was on invite only.

CrystalTears
08-15-2003, 08:56 AM
I liked it better when it was a hush-hush thing. Is anything sacred anymore?!

Hips
08-15-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
Is anything sacred anymore?!

Heh... nope. :rolleyes:

Vesi
08-15-2003, 01:20 PM
Isn't the rogue's guild a secret or something?

I was taught it was. However, that was over four years ago. I play my rogue like there is no guild unless I'm talking to other rogues. I don't go psycho on anyone that doesn't though.

Vesi

Parkbandit
08-15-2003, 01:32 PM
The fact that the rogues had a guild was never considered a secret... only it's true location.

That may have been a couple rogued ideas that it should be.. but nothing 'official'.

Vesi
08-15-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
The fact that the rogues had a guild was never considered a secret... only it's true location.

That may have been a couple rogued ideas that it should be.. but nothing 'official'.

I figured that might be the case. I just roleplay it that way because that's what I was taught and I have fun with it. That's also why I don't try to tell other rogues differently. As long as they stay in character, I don't have a problem either way.

I used to wonder where those people disappeared to and why I couldn't get in that door!

Vesi