PDA

View Full Version : Armor Training

HalflingNitergen
02-27-2012, 01:52 AM
I was wondering around what training most clerics decide on making the switch to brig armor? Level 80-90? Has anyone hit cap and decided to go back down to doubles?

Dhuul2
02-27-2012, 02:58 PM
I would say switch to brig as soon as you can grab 35 ranks of Armor Use. 50 ranks for torso chain or even 70 ranks for double chain are also options.

Clerics get AU really cheap at 8/0 versus 14/0 or 15/0 for other pures, many of whom would be dying for the chance to get into heavier armor more cheaply (or have our lower hindrance percentages.)

You have to weigh the net better chance of survival against the fact that 7%+ hindrance does suck.

Asrial
03-04-2012, 02:39 AM
Sometimes the 7% feels like 107%.. but I've also had plenty of times I've emergency exited an area at 1 health.

It's a love/hate relationship with brigandine.

Try to get into brigandine as soon as you can if you're wanting to wear it.

That said.. there's plenty of clerics that use double leather at cap and beyond.

Fallen
03-04-2012, 09:08 AM
I have to agree that you shouldn't be in less than brig, given the advantages.

Bhaalizmo
03-05-2012, 11:07 AM
I'm in doubles at 3x post cap. I find it annoying when a head or neck crit gets me, but it's less annoying to me than watching the hindrance caused by spell cast failures.

Fallen
03-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Bhaal is fairly spot on in his statement. If you don't mind the occasional cheap death every now and then, lighter armor is the way to go. If you would rather put up with annoying hindrance pretty much every hunt but die less often, heavier armor is for you.

Ryvicke
03-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Try out both. From briefly hunting my cleric in rigid leather I came away hating hindrance more than anything. When the creature programming becomes such that hunting becomes purely about how solid your tactics are and, in the case of my pure cleric, my tactics were 100% spell-casting, 7% failure on everything I did was way too high, and the added crit divisor was not enough.