PDA

View Full Version : Sadie is a jerk

Alafaya
02-24-2012, 08:18 AM
I'm getting pretty sick of "Sadie" and how strict she has gotten lately. My most recent frustration is regarding some pants I wanted to have altered. I bought some hip-slung dark leather trousers off the shelf from a merchant in EN about a month or so ago. I used an alter scroll to try and have them changed into some saucy hip-slung black leather pants (I knew she wasn't going to allow "saucy" but I figured I'd give it a try). Sadie replied that she can not do saucy as it is a subjective word but that she could do sauce-stained. Ok, I knew that was coming. But she also said she can not do hip-slung because pants can not be hip-slung if they are laying on the ground. Ummm...hello...the pants are already hip-slung and I just got them off the shelf from a merchant!! So fine...I then ask for some low-slung tight black leather pants. Sadie replied that she can do low-slung but she can not do "tight" (but she will do tightly fitted). Seriously!!?? Anyways, I'm fed up and frustrated and needed to vent. "Sadie" is a power hungry jerk.

Blazar
02-24-2012, 08:21 AM
Those seems like pretty valid denials to me.

Alafaya
02-24-2012, 08:23 AM
Maybe if not for the fact that hip-slung trousers were just mass manufactured not even a month ago.

audioserf
02-24-2012, 08:28 AM
If there's one thing that's been consistent in the history of GS, it's inconsistency.

Blazar
02-24-2012, 08:35 AM
Well, all of the denials seem pretty valid other than the hip-slung one, especially if they were bought off the counter. A GM could probably work with you or give you a better answer.

audioserf
02-24-2012, 08:45 AM
I agree. It's a pet peeve to see GMs deny alters into shit that's obviously (and recently!) been sold off the shelf.

Alafaya
02-24-2012, 08:48 AM
I guess I was also just surprised that she wouldn't do tight. I had never tried to have anything made "tight" before but you see tight bodices, corsets, pants, skirts, gowns, etc all over the lands. I didn't realize they stopped allowing it.

audioserf
02-24-2012, 08:55 AM
I guess their rationale would be that what's "tight" on a giantman is going to be a potato sack on an elf and a tent on a gnome. However, past a point you can be overthinking it at the cost of fun. I don't think a pair of tight pants hurts immersion.

I do see why they tightened things up and I'll back the GMs 100% in eliminating the "black darkened blade of sucking voidness that seems to turn all it touches into shit" type of thing.

Tolwynn
02-24-2012, 09:10 AM
Suggesting sauce-stained instead of saucy shows what sort of GM you're dealing with. They know that's not the original design intent and are having fun using their position to fuck with you at that point.

Best thing to do is just trash the scroll, wait, and try again later.

Fallen
02-24-2012, 09:14 AM
Suggesting sauce-stained instead of saucy shows what sort of GM you're dealing with. They know that's not the original design intent and are having fun using their position to fuck with you at that point.

Bingo. Time to play alteration roulette. GMs love it when you do that.

Wyrmx
02-24-2012, 09:29 AM

I've had this type of experience with Sadie as well, i went back and forth about 4 times before finally settling on something i felt i could live with.

Asha
02-24-2012, 10:33 AM

Exactly.

Bingo. Time to play alteration roulette. GMs love it when you do that.

Exactly.

DCSL
02-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Sadie has always been more strict than in-person merchants, much more likely to stick to the very letter of the rules. Yeah, it's frustrating. I've been denied a bunch of times over the last couple of months for things that in-person merchants found acceptable. But that's whatever for me. Price to be paid for getting something done without waiting to stumble over a merchant in game.

My biggest complaint is response time. Not the response when they get to your scroll but after the back and forth reworking an alter for a while. I had a scroll go three freaking weeks without a response from Sadie after my last reply as we haggled over "wrapped" on boots. Other alters got done during that time so I can only assume the GM was deliberately ignoring me after that. I tossed the scroll.

Parkbandit
02-24-2012, 12:06 PM
It does make sense though...

"You see some skin tight leather pants on the floor" makes absolutely zero sense.

Gizmo
02-24-2012, 12:18 PM
It does make sense though...

"You see some skin tight leather pants on the floor" makes absolutely zero sense.

Sure. But there also needs to be SOME leeway too in this game.

I mean, it is all fantasy based and text. Christ, is it really that big of a deal, when considering we have people running around with pimp hats on and what not?

The issue here is no one ever uses their imagination/common sense and sticks strictly to rules that otherwise make this game less enjoyable for many.

When I view "fitted" pants, I just imagine that they are fitted to whomever wears them. Kind of like them changing sizes to fit the race in question.

For example: A giant gets fitted pants and wears them, he hands them over to an elf who then wears them. Ok, to me those pants which were once fitted to the giant, are now fitted to the elf and i could care less that some giant made them to fit him prior.

Yeah in real life this wouldn't be the case like Jared handing off his old pants to strawberry shortcake, but when do you draw the line between reality and make believe...in a damn make believe world?

Ltlprprincess
02-24-2012, 02:03 PM
Funny thing about Sadie, I got what could be considered an illegal alter in a show a few years ago through her. Go to a regular merchant and you can't get "dangerously low-cut" but I got it from Sadie. Wierd.

Fallen
02-24-2012, 02:04 PM
Dangerously low cut? lol.

Rahrah
02-24-2012, 02:08 PM
With Sadie I think it's the luck of the draw. Whomever is working on scrolls that week, month, night is who you deal with. Some people allow some things that others will say no to.

TheEschaton
02-24-2012, 02:13 PM
I was under the impression that Sadie was one consistent GM. This explains a lot.

Androidpk
02-24-2012, 02:18 PM
Dangerously low cut? lol.

Some tits you just DON'T want to see.

TheEschaton
02-24-2012, 02:24 PM
Some tits you just DON'T want to see.

yeah, IF YOU'RE GAY.

/burn

Androidpk
02-24-2012, 02:25 PM
yeah, IF YOU'RE GAY.

/burn

Hardly, google grandma boobs, If those excite you.. well.. I guess I am gay.

Asha
02-24-2012, 02:43 PM
If I google grandma boobs now, I'm blaming you.

Androidpk
02-24-2012, 03:02 PM
If I google grandma boobs now, I'm blaming you.

Not only did you look you are still looking.

Manamethis
02-24-2012, 06:55 PM

keep dropping the scroll and just get a new one and resubmit over and over until you get non-jerk gm.

dszabo
02-25-2012, 01:00 AM
One thing about the "skin-tight" jeans...you can tell a pair of skinny jeans just by looking at them. Even when they're laying on the floor. No need to try them on before you burn them....unless you're into that.

Latrinsorm
02-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Who throws their altered clothing on the floor in Gemstone? I never really got that criticism of fit-words.

Gelston
02-25-2012, 02:42 PM
Who throws their altered clothing on the floor in Gemstone? I never really got that criticism of fit-words.

Cyb0rz

Fallen
02-25-2012, 03:23 PM
Cyb0rz

+1

Latrinsorm
02-25-2012, 05:48 PM
They deserve being turned down, then. Make room for people who have their priorities straight and take their GS Barbie seriously.

Dystopia
03-23-2012, 06:10 AM
There's what, 3-4 new GM's now?

Take that into account. They're stumbling about trying to do description alters as public merchants and having a difficult time at that alone. I can see why they would stick to the rules.

I've had turnaround of less than 30 minutes before, but it's only been with senior GMs and very early in the morning.

My general rule of thumb is 3 days of no communication - toss. Argument of something easy and obvious - toss. F* em, that's an extra $100 over 4 months you paid to get that item done. They should be doing everything you want within reason.

Gibreficul
04-22-2012, 05:55 AM
Are you really spending 600 prem points for an item alteration? :wtf:

Gelston
04-22-2012, 06:24 AM

Androidpk
04-22-2012, 09:15 AM
And yes.