PDA

View Full Version : Xena Occupies Oil Rig

ClydeR
02-23-2012, 07:43 PM
WELLINGTON, New Zealand — Television actress Lucy Lawless and six Greenpeace activists have climbed an oil-drilling ship bound for the Arctic to try and stop it from leaving.

Speaking from atop a 174-foot (53 meter) derrick aboard Shell Oil’s Noble Discoverer in New Zealand’s Port Taranaki, Lawless told The Associated Press on Friday that wind gusts were making it difficult to stay put but that she and the other protesters planned to stay there for “as long as we possibly can.” She said she had a “little bit” of food and some provisions with her.

More... (http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/actress-lucy-lawless-and-greenpeace-activists-climb-oil-drilling-ship-in-new-zealand-protest/2012/02/23/gIQALAeRWR_story.html)

Police boarded the rig but did not arrest her, probably out of fear for their lives.

“I’ve got three kids. My sole biological reason for being on this planet is to ensure that they can flourish, and they can’t do that in a filthy, degraded environment,” she said. “We need to stand up while we still can.”

Jarvan
02-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Police boarded the rig but did not arrest her, probably out of fear for their lives.

I think she shouldn't be allowed to drive anymore, fly, or take boats powered by oil.

Also can't use cosmetics, or most medications.

She want's to live like Xena, let her.

Parkbandit
02-23-2012, 08:44 PM
I think she shouldn't be allowed to drive anymore, fly, or take boats powered by oil.

Also can't use cosmetics, or most medications.

She want's to live like Xena, let her.

Like most of the environmental nutjobs, she wants US to live like Xena.. while she doesn't have to.

She will be flying to NYC and LA in the coming weeks to tell us all about it as she does the TV circuit.. which is powered by electricity.. which is created overwelmingly by fossil fuels.

Gelston
02-23-2012, 09:10 PM
If I was the captain of the ship, I'd have just left with them on board.

Jarvan
02-23-2012, 10:17 PM
If I was the captain of the ship, I'd have just left with them on board.

Or asked her to return her most likely Petroleum based implants.

Back
02-23-2012, 10:45 PM
Xena wins this one. I am surprised all the geek-boys disagree.

Androidpk
02-23-2012, 10:54 PM
Eco terrorist, should be brought to Guantanamo!

Parkbandit
02-23-2012, 10:56 PM
Xena wins this one. I am surprised all the geek-boys disagree.

Explain again how she "won"? Do you believe her actions will somehow stop the oil company from using this rig to drill for oil?

4a6c1
02-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Or asked her to return her most likely Petroleum based implants.

This sounds like a really well-informed chemical statement.

Stanley Burrell
02-24-2012, 03:23 AM
It's pretty obvious:

Yes, but only if she appeared at the rigging site, broke out of the ice riding on a narwhal, or at least a polar bear or walrus. And then did a roundoff back handspring onto the deck while shouting the Xena cry. Or old Kung Fu movie voiceovers.

4a6c1
02-24-2012, 03:29 AM
Polar bears are not fast swimmers. DAMNIT WHY IS EVERYONE SCIENTIFICALLY INCORRECT TODAY.

Stanley Burrell
02-24-2012, 03:52 AM
You try riding a river otter.

...Please?

4a6c1
02-24-2012, 03:58 AM
:-[

Tenlaar
02-24-2012, 10:35 AM
While they're not fast (but still faster than your average person), they are endurance swimmers.

Plus, polar bear would make for the best entrance.

Parkbandit
02-24-2012, 10:53 AM
While they're not fast (but still faster than your average person), they are endurance swimmers.

Plus, polar bear would make for the best entrance.

Polar bears have to be endurance swimmers, because of man made global warming, they don't have any ice to walk on!